Safe

Discuss movies (including free films)
Jayman
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0

Re: Safe

#11 Post by Jayman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:19 pm

Well, this pains me to say it but...I fell asleep in the movie. I was dog tired!
The little that I saw was typical Statham. Loads of action, loads of shaky-cam, very little substance.

Hope I get to see the ending sometime.
ImageImage

bubble

#12 Post by bubble » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Watched 21 jump street also, in Pompey, due to cancellation. Result! Way better film:)

claire
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: westfieldlondon /shepherds bush / hammersmith/ wandsworth/whitleys/ west end / wimbledon

#13 Post by claire » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Seen this at a pretty full shEpherds bush
I wasn't expecting to but I really enjoyed this. o/
Yes story was a bit meh. but classic Jason stratham film.
But so much action. And quite a few bits that made me laugh when watching it.
8/10
Member 58 of the "100 free films in 2013" club
64seen 36 to go

member No.58 of the "100 free films in 2012" club
57 seen
Member No. 64 of the "100 free films in 2011" club.

jcolombi
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Coventry, Birmingham, Leamington

#14 Post by jcolombi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:33 pm

bubble wrote:Watched 21 jump street also, in Pompey, due to cancellation. Result! Way better film:)
They said they were looking to re-schedule it!
A horse walks into a bar and the bartender asks, "Why the long face?"

A pony walks into the bar and whispers, "I'll have a beer, please." The barkeeper asks, "Why are you whispering?".
"I'm a little hoarse."

tsoiboy
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#15 Post by tsoiboy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:18 pm

Saw this at Shepherds Bush tonight thanks to Chemenger. It was pretty packed.

Well, what can I say. It's a Jason Statham film. Need I say anymore... You know what you are letting yourself in for. Car chases, martial arts, guns, double crosses and a body count to match the old 80s Rambo movies. If that is what you like then you will be entertained. If none of this appeals then the movie will seem a mess, disjointed and uneven.

I'm in the former camp so it's an 8/10 for me. Entertaining but also quite forgettable at the same time.

If you are in the latter camp then a 4/10.
Member No. 42 of the 100 Free Films in 2014 Club 10 Films seen for free in 2014

My reviews:- http://londonfilmfan.blogspot.co.uk

124 Films seen for free in 2013

92 Films seen for free in 2012

22 Films seen for free in 2011

Have tickets for

Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays, O2 Cineworld, Islington Vue, Any Central London Cinema, Surrey Quays, Westfield Stratford Vue, Stratford East Picture House, Greenwich Picture House, Greenwich Odeon, Holloway Odeon

My Movie Scores for 2014 :Click here

My Movie Scores for 2013 :Click here

My Movie Scores for 2012 :Click Here

hendrixfootball
Air Force One
Air Force One

#16 Post by hendrixfootball » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Saw the film at Vue Oxford tonight in one of the biggger screens only 1/3 full though-enjoyed it typical statham film though, thought it might have been a bit cheesy and sentimental in places because there is a young girl as a main character but no worries there, no bad comedy one liner either thank god, would give it 7.5 / 10

bobsters

#17 Post by bobsters » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:51 pm

saw this at shepherds bush tonight, would give it 7.5/10! quite enjoyed it - exactly as i thought it would be. typical jason statham film, typical cheesiness, typical action, all round great entertainment.

[spoiler]and the final fight scene - did not see that coming. haha. that was awesome[/spoiler]

tibba

#18 Post by tibba » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:32 am

No bus where there used to be several buses b4 condemned cuts. So, therefore no movie for me :noo:.

Even tried to risk life and limb to flag down a couple of buses on the main road, but nope fate conspired against me and just didn't want me to see the movie. So many cutbacks here that there is a 2 hr and 6 minute delay between bus times - great. The bus time offered was 1826 (I hadn't realised at the time they meant the year rather than the time). Shame really - I wanted to see it (the movie and a bus). Not a fan of the Statham man, but I am a fan of the action genre.

On a positive note, saved bus fares and food money, and caught up on Homeland to boot. Then was so excited to find an advert for The Killing part II. Roll on Wednesday. I'll catch up with Safe some other time. Forgotten about seeing the movie already.

mike.dewar
Air Force One
Air Force One

#19 Post by mike.dewar » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:10 am

I saw this last night - a bit formulaic but well put together. I'm not usually an action fan so this was a bit of a guilty pleasure. I'd give it 6/10.

Decadent Dodo

#20 Post by Decadent Dodo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:19 am

Saw this film in an almost full Norwich. I loved this film for all its clichés. The Chinese and Russian gangsters the corrupt NYPD Police etcetera, etcetera. A film that could be viewed on many levels, it kept me guessing as to why the numbers were so important.