[BLOG] Untouchable

Discuss movies (including free films)
jeanelle
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0

Re: Untouchable

#31 Post by jeanelle » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:33 am

All I can put is that I agree with the praise already written and thoroughly enjoyed it. Will be recommending to friends.
Preferred Cinemas :
Richmond, Kingston, West End, Wimbledon, Shepherds Bush, Clapham, Westfield, Fulham

Cortone
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 1037
Preferred Cinemas: All York and Leeds, Harrogate, Bradford.

#32 Post by Cortone » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:35 am

Saw this at Odeon Leeds Bradford,which was about 60% full (difficult to tell with so many latecomers). The disruption from the latecomers was the only negative of the evening.

This was an amazing film- real laugh out loud moments, and unexpected (but not cruel) comments. The energy of Driss and the pathos of Phillipe's situation dominated, but there were little diversions with other characters. THE dance (to Earth Wind and Fire), and the modern art critique were amusing distractions, and the real photos at the end added another bonus.

I had hoped this would allow me to brush up my schoolgirl French, but ...hmmm... many of the words were not in our school syllabus. :giggle:

My initial high hopes for this film were exceeded. Great film - just loved it. And may watch it again at another of the screenings too. (Thanks to ticket fairy again....)

(BTW - can't imagine the Paul Feig and Colin Firth UK version will be as funny.... but I will go and see it!)

zara

#33 Post by zara » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:19 pm

I too really enjoyed this film.

midian
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: lea valley, enfield, any in greenwich, west india quay

#34 Post by midian » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:27 pm

going to add my praise to this film. thought it was a real charmer. was thinking that sugarman was going to be the peak of this years freebies for me but this is also a strong contender. there were so many "ohmigoodness i can't believe driss is doing that!" moments that i dare someone not to enjoy it.

an inspirational final scene to show it was based on a true friendship, too 9/10.

downside: i bet someone is already planning the remake :(

julieisbored
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
I have tickets for: So far this year; Les Mis, Flight, I Give it a Year, Wreck it Ralf, Song for Marion, Cloud Atlas,

#35 Post by julieisbored » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:53 pm

I rarely go to the pictures to watch subtitled films but attended after watching the trailer. Fantastic film, the subtitles were not a problem it was engaging from start to finish.

My first ever 10/10 loved it

redgrant
The Third Man
The Third Man

#36 Post by redgrant » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Saw this at Streatham this morning. A wonderful, wonderful film that's both funny and touching with our French Dustin Hoffman lookalike.

biggins
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 66
Preferred Cinemas: Any in Edinburgh

#37 Post by biggins » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Saw this at a less than half full Times screening today. Wonderful film which I would recommend to anyone. We thoroughly enjoyed it -best film in a long time 10/10. o/
Member No. 23 of the "100 free films in 2020" club 1 seen 99 to go.
Member No. 23 of the "100 free films in 2019" club 10 seen .
Member no. 23 of the "100 free film Club" 57 seen 2010.

reddie2
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Preferred Cinemas: Central London, Islington Vue, Holloway Odeon, Whiteleys Odeon, Clapham Picturehouse, Screen on the Green

#38 Post by reddie2 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Just adding another 10/10 to the list: uplifting and heartwarming movie and one of the best I've seen this year. Omar Sy's performance totally stole the movie

Tunarizer

#39 Post by Tunarizer » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Saw this at Birmingham Broad Street earlier this evening. Wonderful film. Very funny. Both lead characters were cast superbly. Funny with a heartwarming story.

:D

tomorrow72
Phase IV
Phase IV

#40 Post by tomorrow72 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:28 am

After watching a brilliant thought-provoking My Brother the Devil, this movie was a light, inspirational and funny story, made even better being a true story. Loved the characters, the relationship and the songs. One to be watched over and over again. 10/10