London Film Festival 2009

Discuss movies (including free films)
Sydney_Bristow
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 2337
Preferred Cinemas: Central London pretty please with sugar on top
I have tickets for: jaws 21
I haven't got tickets for: bon jovi - will do your laundry for em!
I don't want tickets for: documentaries coz I get bored easi....zzzzz

Re: London Film Festival 2009

#31 Post by Sydney_Bristow » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:25 pm

superhero wrote:Lol...yes if you are watching all 3 Clooney films at the festival! I think he must have a hotel near Leicester Square
Nah, he's staying over at mine :p (Just gotta push bf outta the bed because he'll cramp my style)

Member Number 69 of the 100 movies in 2019 Club. Lets see how we get on with this..... fingers crossed.

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

#32 Post by superhero » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:27 am

lol...if you want to know which previews are coming next, I guess just get the LFF guide! A Simply Guy maybe? or Precious?
Well I got tickets for the 3 Clooney films (not I am not a fan!), the Coens film and the Surprise film. I might get tickets for a few more, but I thought lets just get the ones that might sell out first. But in the 1st week, I am seeing Education with SFF on Mon, Couples retreat with SFF on Tues, Clooney on Weds and then Clooney again on Thurs with LFF, so I really ought to give films a break for the rest of that week at least!

a_person wrote:
Insane_Drusilla wrote:I think i was one of the lucky ones with my postal priority booking. The guy at the BFI told me that many entries didnt make it in on time because of the postal strike. I thankfully got:

Mr. Fox
Bright Star
Paper Heart
The Road
Surprise Film
The Doors Film

I didnt even think that codes may come for these films after...but hey i have to p*y once in a while lol. Quite excited now... :) Hope to see some FMuk-people there :)
The first three you mentioned are all coming out/have come out as free screenings! I think there will be another code flying around again for Paperheart.

Hey superhero, which films did you get in the end (other than FMF)?

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

#33 Post by superhero » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:28 am

Oh by the way lets start the guessing game for what the surprise film will be at the LFF? I am guessing Precious for the moment....

kevinknapman
Kids' Choice Awards 2016 Prediction Master
Kids' Choice Awards 2016 Prediction Master

#34 Post by kevinknapman » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:28 pm

superhero wrote:Oh by the way lets start the guessing game for what the surprise film will be at the LFF? I am guessing Precious for the moment....
Well it definitely won't be 'Precious'. The surprise film is never a film that already has a screening in the festival. The most likely film at the moment is 'Where The Wild Things Are'. It comes out a week earlier in the states so that would seem to be a good bet.
On a slightly separate note did any BFI members manage to get tickets for the Members Surprise Film at the NFT on Monday 26th. The closing date for the ballot was supposed to be on Monday.
Last edited by kevinknapman on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member No.41 of the "100 free films in 2018" club! 22 seen 78 to go
Recent free films:A Star is Born, Smallfoot, Overlord, The Girl in the Spider's Web, Home Alone

Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2017" club! 29 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2016" club! 44 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2015" club! 61 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2014" club! 40 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2013" club! 64 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2012" club! 88 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2011" club! 108 seen
Member No. 41 of the "100 free films in 2010" club! 84 films seen

tweedledumb

#35 Post by tweedledumb » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:12 am

Because I didn't get tickets for "A Prophet" in priority booking but did for everything else I wanted, I spoke to the box office manager at the NFT. I received the festival programme on the Saturday & took my form in by hand the next day so thought I was pretty quick off the mark but apparently "A Prophet" sold out much faster than "The Road". "A Prophet" has had a lot of fantastic reviews from various other festival screenings but I really wanted tickets because my son expressed an interest in seeing it - a foreign language film! Normally I have difficulty persauding any of my family to come to such films - "What is it Mum, another 3 hour film in Danish about the struggle against the Nazis? No thanks." But apparently "A Prophet" has youth appeal having lots of violence!

Anyway the box office manager told me that sell-back tickets from promoters etc. will go on sale tomorrow at 9.30 online or by phone & that there should be some for every screening - including George Clooney! - but you have to be quick.

By the way has anyone read "The Road"? - it's devastating.

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks

#36 Post by superhero » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:57 pm

Oh gosh, I am so blind, I didn't even read the programme properly! I didn't see it was in the programme already!
kevinknapman wrote:
superhero wrote:Oh by the way lets start the guessing game for what the surprise film will be at the LFF? I am guessing Precious for the moment....
Well it definitely won't be 'Precious'. The surprise film is never a film that already has a screening in the festival. The most likely film at the moment is 'Where The Wild Things Are'. It comes out a week earlier in the states so that would seem to be a good bet.
On a slightly separate note did any BFI members manage to get tickets for the Members Surprise Film at the NFT on Monday 26th. The closing date for the ballot was supposed to be on Monday.

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks

#37 Post by superhero » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:42 pm

I would definitely recommend people to get tickets to see An Education at the london film festival if you have not managed to go to a SFF screening. It would be really nice to hear from the director and cast.

EthanRunt
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#38 Post by EthanRunt » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:06 pm

I got an e-mail about the member's ballot screening on Friday, hope it's similar to the Secret Screening.

Even if it's Where The Wild Things Are I'll probably watch it, though I still have no interest in it.

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks

#39 Post by superhero » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:23 pm

Well, their last surprise IMAX screening was "Under the Sea 3D"...hmmm
But I guess the festival surprise screening should at least be a new film.

Insane_Drusilla
Air Force One
Air Force One

#40 Post by Insane_Drusilla » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:31 pm

Im abit confused, i have tickets to both the surprise screening on sunday and also the Monday Members secret screening, will they show two different films or just repeat the sunday surprise film???