Pitch Perfect

Discuss movies (including free films)
The Belmont Guy
Air Force One
Air Force One
Old post count: 0

Re: Pitch Perfect

#81 Post by The Belmont Guy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Caught the preview on Tuesday. The film was pretty generic (and yes, most of the best jokes were in the trailer) but much more enjoyable than Glee. At least nobody spontaneously burst into a perfectly choreographed musical number outside the competitions!
Kendrick continues to impress, as does Wilson. Although stolen from Dodgeball, I did like the commentary banter between Banks and Higgens.

3/5

Ka_rin90

#82 Post by Ka_rin90 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:49 pm

I went, expecting something like Glee (nightmare? no offence, it can be quite cheesey sometimes - understatement?) and actually, pitch perfect was quite funny, shocking at some part. I think I would recommend someone to watch it, it wasn't that cheesey too haha. And I actually enjoyed listening to their music.

Review? 8/10.

Also the plus side was that the HD and sound system in Vue Cinema was sweet! And got to sit in VIP too (purely because we got there in time)

By the way, does anyone else think that fat Amy bares a small resemblance to matt lucas's Vicky Pollard? (hair?) Of course fat amy being alot prettier.

Ermadkins

#83 Post by Ermadkins » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:54 pm

I absolutely loved this film! Whenever the plot was getting a little weak they would throw in a really exciting song and it would instantly perk it up! Only problem I had was that I checked out the soundtrack when I got home and the songs just aren't as exciting when they don't have a video / dance to go with it. :(

maurice
Air Force One
Air Force One

#84 Post by maurice » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:01 pm

"Amy", the Aussie Vicky Pollard lookalike stole the show for me. Without her it would have been the usual yank dross. Some good laughs though 6.5/10

MRSBAILEYJUNIOR

#85 Post by MRSBAILEYJUNIOR » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:53 pm

I watched this film last week. He music was good, but the story line, similar to a lot of the dance films that have been out, is just there to fill in the gaps between the singing. like the review above I agree that the love story was very weak and the film wouldn't have lost anything there was no love story at all. Amy was by far the funniest and outiside of the singing was what made the movie. Riff off definitely one of the best scenes.

I would probably give it 5/6 out of 10 for the film

Castor Troy

#86 Post by Castor Troy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:56 pm

I must have seen a different film from everyone else, because I thought it was terrible.

Fat Amy was the only good thing about it, otherwise generic stuff.

kaholic

#87 Post by kaholic » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Excellent film, lovely singing voices! :-)

soonforgotten
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: any London ones except Wandsworth & Enfield
I have tickets for: The Iron Lady, War Horse & a several vouchers

#88 Post by soonforgotten » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:04 pm

I had a damn good time watch Pitch Perfect. It has it's problems, but it's a solid comedy and always good to see women flaunting their comedic chops.

http://londonfilmfanatiq.com/2012/12/13/pitch-perfect/
102 Different free films seen in 2010 plus 2 repeat viewings and a few tv show screenings... not too shabby. Thanks to everyone for their contributions here.

100 Free Films in 2011 Member #6: 181/100
My top 10 films of 2011

100 Free Films in 2012 Member #6: 210/100

Why not visit my film blog?