Amour

Discuss movies (including free films)
karenlg123
The Third Man
The Third Man
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Glasgow Quay, Glasgow Braehead, Glasgow Renfield Street, Glasgow Fort, Glasgow Showcase Baillieston and Paisley

Re: Amour

#31 Post by karenlg123 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Saw this in a jam packed Glasgow Cineworld. Wasn't sure whether to go or not as it sounded like a totally depressing theme but decided to go when I heard it had won the best foreign film Oscar and I'm very glad I did. It was a poignant love story, beautifully acted by the lead couple. Thought provoking, making me ponder how many couples are going through similar experiences in real life. Some very touching scenes and it has to be given full credit for being a subtitled film showing to a full house and everyone stayed till the very end. I thought at first he was going to kill the pigeon but when he held it gently I too assumed it meant he wanted to feel warmth from a living creature. A surprising 6/10 from me.

missgotty
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Islington, Holloway, Greenwich O2, Leicester Square, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus, Tottenham Court Road, Marbel Arch, Hackney PH, Brixton PH, Enfield

#32 Post by missgotty » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:51 am

Saw this at Shaftsbury Avenue recently as part of the Bafta screenings.

A very realistic and disturbing movie. I fully understand why Emmanuelle Riva was nominated for best actress and at the age of 85 looks very good for her age.

Diamond1
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice

#33 Post by Diamond1 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:49 am

The acting was brilliant but it's a sad film.... no, worse, it's depressing! Won't want to watch it again.