Discuss movies (including free films)
alythonian
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 19
Preferred Cinemas: Edinburgh; Livingston; Dunfermline

Re: Thor: The Dark World

#41 Post by alythonian » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:59 am

I needed a comedy to cheer me up and this was it.
It was completely daft and wholly entertaining!
Alythonian

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Any London cinema, mainly central or south London.

#42 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:18 pm

It certainly was daft! Turned into a Naked Gun style spoof. Not quite what I wanted though! Marvel films are more tongue in cheek and I love every single one so far including the weakest link, Incredible Hulk. However, Thor 2 was disappointing. Other Marvel movies had better direction, smarter dialogue, and more fluency. This one didnt. It was so all over the place. Also Portman is a great actress, I love her in many art style movies but as with Anakin in Star Wars, she doesnt make a great romantic interest. I give this a 6/10 as there is a lot of fun to be had from it and Loki doesnt disappoint (we Brits do churn out the classiest baddies, huh?!)
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Do you have a VR headset? If so, maybe we can play a physical sports game or even be sports/fitness partners, hit me up if you keen.
PSN: TheyCallMeTej, Oculus: TheyCallMeTJ

snowman2k
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice

#43 Post by snowman2k » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:38 am

Loved it, kept on building on the entire Marvel franchise and was spot on for Thor, nice teaser at the end for GOTG.

mattware49

#44 Post by mattware49 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:20 pm

enjoyed thoroughly, preferred this film to the first.

Livi92
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Vue Islington, Covent Garden Odeon, Tott Court Rd Odeon, Haymarket, Shaftesbury Avenue
I have tickets for: Star trek, The Liability

#45 Post by Livi92 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Average film for me. Some good action scenes, but a bit of a let-down after the first one. 5.5/10
Member No.59 of the "100 free films in 2013" club! 42 films seen, 58 to go

Cinemas in order of preference: Islington, Hackney, Holloway, Covent Garden, West End, Shaftesbury Avenue, Soho, Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, O2, Swiss Cottage, Finchley Road, Shepherd's Bush, Whiteleys, Notting Hill Stratford

yogi
Se7en
Se7en

#46 Post by yogi » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:55 pm

I was a bit under whelmed after seeing this today, it's no Avengers or Iron Man or even Thor 1.

Too much CGI fighting, too little Loki and not funny enough, preferred the Earth based sections 6/10
Member No. 35 of the "100 free films in 2021" club 2 down 98 to go
(Hopefully I can beat last years 12! Unlikely to beat 2013’s 91)

2021: A Quiet Place 2 8.5/10
2020: Little Women, Richard Jewell 8.5/10
2019: Wild Rose, Shazam!, Avengers, Eighth Grade, Shaun the Sheep, The Farewell 9/10
2018: Coco, Three Billboards, Missouri, Avengers, MI: Fallout, Quiet Place, Stan & Ollie - 9/10
2017: Paddington 2 10/10
2016: Sing Street, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, I, Daniel Blake, Sully 10/10
2015: Star Wars, Whiplash, Ex Machina, Minions - 9.5/10
2014: Pride, The Imitation Game 10/10
2013: Good Vibrations, Song for Marion, Alan Partridge, Captain Phillips - 9.5/10
2012: Muppets, Untouchable, Argo 10/10
2011: ROTPOTA, The Artist, Mi4 - 9.5/10
2010: Kick Ass, Toy Story 3 - 9.5/10
2009: Up 10/10

LOVE FMUK https://youtu.be/62YY4trpDEY

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#47 Post by asamaic » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Right, well I finally saw this using a Sweet Sundays code. It was fun, and I had no expectations having not seen the other movies in the franchise, but it felt disposable. I'm glad I saw it, but no one is going to be talking about it years down the line, the other superhero movies will be remembered more.

Initially, I smiled at

[spoiler]Thor trying to get back to Greenwich in about 4 minutes from Charing Cross underground,[/spoiler]

But then

[spoiler]I realised he would have to change lines, and it takes about 25 minutes, the world would have ended by then. Working this out kinda distracted me for a bit.[/spoiler]

I know a few of you have a crush on Chris Hemsworth, and I just haven't got it before, but after watching Thor 2, I can see where you're all coming from.;) Btw, does he talk like that normally, or is that a special Thor voice? Just wondered.
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

caitlinmorton

#48 Post by caitlinmorton » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:41 pm

asamaic wrote:I know a few of you have a crush on Chris Hemsworth, and I just haven't got it before, but after watching Thor 2, I can see where you're all coming from.;) Btw, does he talk like that normally, or is that a special Thor voice? Just wondered.
He's Australian, so not quite like that, but not dissimilar. Just Australian.

And my crush is definitely on Tom Hiddleston. But Chris and I would be friends I think. :P

grays012

#49 Post by grays012 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:37 pm

I don't understand how anybody could've disliked this film; it's meant to be fun, not completely serious so not completely accurate!
Thor himself brings the hilarity through many scenarios and the script is very smart.
I was dreading going to see the film but I'm glad I did - it was hilarious and so good to watch!

FBS
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice

#50 Post by FBS » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:11 am

Finally got round to seeing this yesterday. Lazy, boring and completely lacking that Marvel magic. It took about an hour before anything really interesting happened (Loki arrives) and then squanders that plot area in favour of turning into a Star Trek clone. The script lacks the killer punch and everything was a click away from working e.g. The tube scene - wouldn't it have been funnier if they'd have given him proper directions.
I didn't think it was as bad as Iron Man 3 (Terrible film), but I can't even class it as a filler before Avengers 2.