Discuss movies (including free films)
scootermcc
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 0

Re: Gravity

#131 Post by scootermcc » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:28 pm

D-Fens wrote:
moviemannn wrote: and give yourself a stiff neck ?? no... don't recommend that at all

This movie is best viewed from the centre seats where you can see everything, the camera work and use of 3D was excellent and really does need to be appreciated
Okay maybe not front row but from where you were sitting you could see the sides of the screen right? And maybe the floor and ceiling? If you see the movie on a regular screen but it completely fills your field of view then the effect is the same?

Second row?
That's like saying watching a 3D tv from 6 inches away is like watching a film on an imax screen,don't think so.

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#132 Post by raj101 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:02 pm

scootermcc wrote:
D-Fens wrote:
moviemannn wrote: and give yourself a stiff neck ?? no... don't recommend that at all

This movie is best viewed from the centre seats where you can see everything, the camera work and use of 3D was excellent and really does need to be appreciated
Okay maybe not front row but from where you were sitting you could see the sides of the screen right? And maybe the floor and ceiling? If you see the movie on a regular screen but it completely fills your field of view then the effect is the same?

Second row?
That's like saying watching a 3D tv from 6 inches away is like watching a film on an imax screen,don't think so.

but if you were a very VERY small person then a big tv might be like an imax to you.
Last edited by raj101 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

D-Fens
Prediction Master
Prediction Master

#133 Post by D-Fens » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:10 pm

scootermcc wrote: That's like saying watching a 3D tv from 6 inches away is like watching a film on an imax screen,don't think so.
No it isn't because that's not a practical example, I'm genuinely wondering if you sit outside the scope of an IMAX screen i.e. you can see the frame, whether that's actually any more immersive than sitting further forward or even closer at a regular screen. They're all options available that people are using to see this movie.

rawsalsa
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Preferred Cinemas: Greenwich O2, Brixton Ritzy, Greenwich Odeon, Surrey Quays, Clapham Picturehse, Streatham, Wandsworth

#134 Post by rawsalsa » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:02 pm

raj101 wrote:
scootermcc wrote:

Second row?
but if you were a very VERY small person then a big tv might be like an imax to you.
What - like a Borrower? :giggle:
Member No. 22 of the "100 free films in 2013" club

81 fims seen in 2012 (Thanks to all who helped me achieve this!)

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#135 Post by raj101 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:00 pm

rawsalsa wrote:[
why you make fun of small peeeple?
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

spyzapper25
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: Odeon Rochdale , Cineworld Ashton, Trafford Centre , Manchester Printworks, Bury the rock

#136 Post by spyzapper25 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:33 pm

Saw this today in IMAX 3D, which i believe is the only way to experience this film properly. As far as the film goes as a whole, it is definitely a huge technological achievement! The special effects in this film are just out of this world and unlike anything i have ever seen before. I think that this film fully deserves the acclaim that it is getting as for me it was just incredible and maybe the film of the year. The soundtrack is also top notch in this film and really does help to make it the 3D experience that it was made to be.

For me i think that you will either love or hate this film, there is no in between. The script was good with some funny moments but really you go and watch this film for the experience, and for that it fully delivers!

Both actors gave standout performances but for me if you are going to watch this film try your hardest to see it in IMAX 3D, the film demands it and is worth every penny!

9/10
Really need to join the Free Film's club this year! Always forget

rawsalsa
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Preferred Cinemas: Greenwich O2, Brixton Ritzy, Greenwich Odeon, Surrey Quays, Clapham Picturehse, Streatham, Wandsworth

#137 Post by rawsalsa » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:38 pm

raj101 wrote:
rawsalsa wrote:[
why you make fun of small peeeple?
:giggle:
Member No. 22 of the "100 free films in 2013" club

81 fims seen in 2012 (Thanks to all who helped me achieve this!)

RAZORBACK
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Enfield, Lee Valley, Wood Green, North Finchley, Hackney, Hatfield, West India Quay & Greenwich

#138 Post by RAZORBACK » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:22 pm

RAZORBACK wrote:Just got back from seeing this @ Enfield Cineworld and have to say that I thought it was a superb movie.

Visually breathtaking & incredibly tense throughout this is easily one of the best movies that I've seen this year and therefore deserves a comfortable 9/10 from me o/ ...

P.S regarding the 3D, whilst it did add some depth I don't necessarily think this needs to be seen in 3D to be fully appreciated (I'll eventually find out whether or not that's actually the case because I'll definitely be going to see the 2D version in a few weeks time ;) )...
Went to see this in 2D earlier today & have to say that I much preferred watching it in this format, the additional sharpness rewarded me with a greater appreciation of just how good the visual effects in this movie actually are (prior to the screening I was concerned that visually this movie would lose some of the photo realism that it appeared to have in 3D but thankfully that wasn't the case).

As for the film itself, despite having very little going on story wise, I still enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time around and I think that more than anything else this was due to the strong performances produced by both Clooney & Bullock.

Overall it's really not that far away from being a perfect viewing experience but as I still have a couple of very minor quibbles with it I think 9/10 remains a fair/realistic score o/ ...
Free Films Seen (2015) - 30 including Big Hero 6, Birdman, Enemy, Ex Machina, It Follows, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Selma, The Gambler, Two Night Stand, Unbroken, Whiplash & Wild.

Free Films Seen (2014) - 400

Free Films Seen (2013) - 200

On The Horizon: Focus & Project Almanac.

Member 26 of the '100 free films in 2015' club (30 seen, 70 to go)
Member 26 of the '100 free films in 2014' club (100+ seen, 0 to go)

samelliot2
Air Force One
Air Force One

#139 Post by samelliot2 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:30 pm

Did anybody else get motion sickness from it? Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the film, but I had to lie down for a few hours after while the room spun around me as if I were drunk.

BrotherLehman
Air Force One
Air Force One

#140 Post by BrotherLehman » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:54 pm

LondonCityNights wrote:The more I think about this film the more I absolutely LOVE it. The most amazing cinematic experience I've had in years.

Here's my full write-up, love to know what you guys think of it:

http://www.londoncitynights.com/2013/10 ... uaron.html

5/5*

Give it all the awards.

Wow your review is amazing - I didn't consciously register all the subtle imagery portrayed in the movie until I read your review!