We're the Millers

Discuss movies (including free films)
missgotty
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Islington, Holloway, Greenwich O2, Leicester Square, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus, Tottenham Court Road, Marbel Arch, Hackney PH, Brixton PH, Enfield

Re: We're the Millers

#51 Post by missgotty » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Beate wrote:The BBC just did a premiere report with a short interview with Will Poulter, and they agree with me that he "steals the show".
He sure does, definitely my favourite character.

Sunny Saver
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Islington Vue, Holloway, Central London

#52 Post by Sunny Saver » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Loved it. Laughed till I cried. Oh and mum loved it too.

We were at Warner bros, were given alcohol o/ not like the Grolsch screening with no Grolsch on Monday. Very comfy seats.

PS Caitlin saw someone famous today. No idea who it was, but she says she was famous, so must have been. No point asking me :confused:.

EthanRunt
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#53 Post by EthanRunt » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:12 pm

valda wrote:Its strange how 2 young kids can make a film, then one goes on, and the other, doesn't make it vx 7.5/10
I think in the next year Milner's gonna gain more traction, he's got a film coming up that should be a pretty special Brit drama.

tibba

#54 Post by tibba » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:43 pm

I had such low expectations for this movie, and I was happy to be proved very, very wrong. Couldn't stop laughing - throughout. Good stuff.

caitlinmorton

#55 Post by caitlinmorton » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:10 am

Sunny Saver wrote:Loved it. Laughed till I cried. Oh and mum loved it too.

We were at Warner bros, were given alcohol o/ not like the Grolsch screening with no Grolsch on Monday. Very comfy seats.

PS Caitlin saw someone famous today. No idea who it was, but she says she was famous, so must have been. No point asking me :confused:.
Haha it was Jodie Whittaker! :P

I still enjoyed the film on second viewing. We got a quick video intro from Will Poulter this time, and I knew he was British, that didn't surprise me, what did surprise me was how deep his natural voice is! What a talent.

janninne
Air Force One
Air Force One

#56 Post by janninne » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:47 am

Had low expectations of this film but absolutely loved it!! Helped along by the great atmosphere in the cinema :D :D

bexley

#57 Post by bexley » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:37 pm

I really expected it to be truly awful.....which it kind of was but it was better than I expected! 6/10

sikmansam
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Stratford Vue, Stratford Picturehouse, West india Quay Cineworld, Greenwich O2, Greenwich Odeon, Vue Islington, Whiteleys Odeon, Shepherds Bush Vue, Wimbledon Odeon

#58 Post by sikmansam » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Really nice seeing Sudekis at the O2 on tuesday, and like many here I was surprised by how funny it was. It was incredibly predictable and I didn't enjoy my time with certain characters but Will Poulter was a standout and Sudekis is funny even with weak material. 7/10

My review:

Celini
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Any central London locations, Islington, Holloway (plus Hackney, Clapham and Greenwich on weekends)

#59 Post by Celini » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:47 pm

Beate wrote:The BBC just did a premiere report with a short interview with Will Poulter, and they agree with me that he "steals the show".
For me Will Poulter was just OK, I prefer him in more serious flick.
Am I the only thinking that Hahn and Offerman stole the show then?
Comedy-wise, those 2 can do no wrong!
My 2014 Unlimited Films: 11/100

Jayman
Se7en
Se7en

#60 Post by Jayman » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:51 pm

I don't personally think anyone stole the show. This was a quality ensamble.
Even Jennifer Aniston was hilarious ==> [spoiler]Black Cock Down[/spoiler]
ImageImage