We're the Millers

Discuss movies (including free films)
tanga
Air Force One
Air Force One
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Vue Piccadilly, Odeon Leicester Square, Picturehouse Central, Clapham Picturehouse, Ritzy Brixton, Odeon Wimbledon, Cineworld Wandsworth

Re: We're the Millers

#71 Post by tanga » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Good lighthearted laugh - 3/5 stars! We saw it at Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and this was the first screening I'd been to where we were all asked to show ID on entry. They must be cracking down on passing tickets onto friends?
Free films seen in 2015: Suite Francaise, X+Y, Appropriate Behaviour, Testament of Youth (red carpet Leicester Square!). Free films seen in 2014: Begin Again, Betsy & Leonard, Belle, Edge of Tomorrow, Jimmy's Hall, Blue Ruin, We Are The Best, The Book Thief, Cuban Fury, Only Lovers Left Alive. Free films in 2013: The Railway Man, Saving Mr Banks, Philomena, Filth, The Call, We're The Millers, Frances Ha, The Heat, Summer in February, Behind the Candelabra, Moth Diaries, Song for Marion, I Give it A Year, No One Lives, Hitchcock.

funthing29
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Swiss Cottage, Finchley Road, Hampstead, Belsize Park, West End, Islington, Holloway, Whiteleys, Shepherd's Bush, North Finchley, Hackney, Stratford, 02 + (last resort) Watford & Hatfield
Birthday

#72 Post by funthing29 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:22 pm

Not as funny as it thinks it is - it's no Bridesmaids - but it's better than other so-called comedies released this year such as The Internship. Reasonably entertaining with some amusing scenes but some characters were a bit grating. 7/10.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
Ken Olson - Chairman of Digital Equipment Corporation, speaking in 1977

Member No. 29 of the "100 free films in 2016" club: 62 seen; 38 to go (40 theatre/shows seen)

70 free films seen in 2015 + 85 theatre/shows
84 free films seen in 2014 (81 different films, 3 repeat viewings) + 119 theatre/shows
126 free films seen in 2013 (121 different films, 5 repeat viewings
121 free films seen in 2012 (115 different films, 6 repeat viewings)
129 free films seen in 2011 (117 different films, 12 repeat viewings)

John Milton
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: Glasgow

#73 Post by John Milton » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:34 pm

I honestly enjoyed this far more than I thought I would!

I was expecting something a bit more middle of the road and "vanilla" from a Jennifer Aniston movie but was more than pleasantly surprised by how funny I found this film! That said, it wasn't perfect and has the obligatory twee scenes but not so much as to ruin the overall experience for me.

As funthing29 said, better than The Internship! :D
2012 Free Films: John Carter, The Cabin in the Woods, Snow White and The Huntsman, Lawless.

Joined FMUK: March 2013

2013 Free Films: Robot & Frank, Olympus Has Fallen, Maniac, Evil Dead, Oblivion, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Behind the Candelabra, Everybody has a Plan, This is the End, The Internship, Citadel, Pain & Gain, We're the Millers, You're Next, Rush, How I Live Now.

2014 Free Films: Locke, Chef, The Hundred-Foot Journey, Fury, The Drop, The Woman in Black: Angel of Death.

2016 Free Films: Anthropoid, I,Daniel Blake.

2017 Free Films: Hacksaw Ridge.

Preferred Cinemas: Glasgow

Please check out my reviews on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pdp/profile/ ... _cr_dp_pdp

jojojoanne
Se7en
Se7en

#74 Post by jojojoanne » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:34 pm

I saw this tonight and although I enjoyed it, I thought it was going to be funnier.

sandypiper
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: Cineworld at Xscape Milton Keynes, Odeon at the Point, Milton Keynes

#75 Post by sandypiper » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Just back from Cineworld Milton Keynes, enjoyed the film very much.
Moved along quickly and the Leads were all very funny.
Especially enjoyed the Out-takes.

Uzzie
Air Force One
Air Force One

#76 Post by Uzzie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Got back from watching this in Manchester, full on adult comedy hilarious gags and jokes as well as out takes. Very good casting and direction whole auditorium was in stitches! definite recommend others to watch :)

Tinpar

#77 Post by Tinpar » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:13 pm

Saw this tonight and it had some good laughs in it... better then I thought it would be and would recommend others to see it.

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#78 Post by Beate » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:13 pm

WIQ was packed. To the woman who came in at 6.25pm trying to "budge everyone up" in the last row just so she could sit together with two friends who hadn't even turned up yet - seriously? ARE YOU FOR REAL? I ain't giving my favourite seat up for anyone but this was ridiculous, especially as I could only see two empty seats anyway. Not our fault anyway when people who come later leave empties. I didn't dare run to the loo until 6.28pm in mortal fear for my seat!

The film - still funny at second viewing but maybe a little less so as all gags are known already. Flinched again at "even the Jews." Nice touch that they were growing weed behind the white picket fence. Hadn't noticed that first time round.

7/10
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

Beate
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#79 Post by Beate » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:15 pm

tanga wrote:Good lighthearted laugh - 3/5 stars! We saw it at Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and this was the first screening I'd been to where we were all asked to show ID on entry. They must be cracking down on passing tickets onto friends?
I think they are doing that a lot at Shitsbury Ave. I wouldn't enter this cinema anymore if I got pa*d for it.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

SwanseaJames

#80 Post by SwanseaJames » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:37 am

Really enjoyed this film. 9/10 from me.