Discuss movies (including free films)
Went to see this last night at Cineworld Edinburgh. Did not think it would be up to much even though I had already read the reviews here. Like most of the comments was really surprised by it. Not a great comedy but more laughs more often than I thought there would be. 6/10
I really loved this film. Totally implausible storyline of course but so carefully crafted it did not matter one jot. Plenty of laughs, brilliantly warm characterisation and thoroughly entertaining all the way for me. The rest of the packed cinema seemed to share my approval. Do go see if you want your chuckle muscle tickled!
We're the Millers may not break boundaries in its border crossing but it is a road trip fueled by excellent comedic performances and a few side splitting scenes; a comedy about a family that is definitely not suitable for the whole family. http://ilovethatfilm.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... eview.html
- The Sixth Sense
- Posts: 1567
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:05 pm
- Old post count: 2337
- Preferred Cinemas: Central London pretty please with sugar on top
- I have tickets for: jaws 21
- I haven't got tickets for: bon jovi - will do your laundry for em!
- I don't want tickets for: documentaries coz I get bored easi....zzzzz
We had no prior knowledge about the film so went in without any expectations and really loved it! 8/10 from moi and 10/10 from le petit mort (for jennifer's dancing which I could, no doubt, improve upon in my absolutely humble opinion - dont anyone dare laff!)
Member Number 69 of the 100 movies in 2019 Club. Lets see how we get on with this..... fingers crossed.
- You Only Live Twice
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:37 am
- Old post count: 0
- I have tickets for: So far this year; Les Mis, Flight, I Give it a Year, Wreck it Ralf, Song for Marion, Cloud Atlas,
Not particularly a comedy fan and my mum hates Jennifer Aniston but we really enjoyed it, plenty of laugh out loud moments 7/10