Discuss movies (including free films)
The Sparrow
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0

Re: Girl Most Likely

#41 Post by The Sparrow » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:36 am

prettyxcool wrote:
The Sparrow wrote:The best things about it was hearing The Boss (but not enough) and the shell.
Do you mean the "The Bousche", but I thought they were saying The Bush! :giggle:

No but thinking back, that was fairly amusing but I'd seen that in the trailer. They played a short excerpt from a Springsteen song. Bruce is The Boss.
Free Films Seen 2016
Jan - 7. Feb - 15. Mar - 39
Apr - 28. May - 41. June - 36
July - 39. Aug - 27. Sept - 42
Oct- 12 and counting. = 286

sikmansam
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Stratford Vue, Stratford Picturehouse, West india Quay Cineworld, Greenwich O2, Greenwich Odeon, Vue Islington, Whiteleys Odeon, Shepherds Bush Vue, Wimbledon Odeon

#42 Post by sikmansam » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:31 pm

This made me laugh a few times, but I thought the story let the film down massively. At times it just felt aimless. On the plus side there's some great sight gags with a CIA secret agent and Wiig is as good as ever. So quite funny but narratively very poor. 5/10

My review:

prettyxcool
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Prefer all Central London, then Islington, Notting Hill, Whiteleys, Shepherd's Bush, Westfield, Holloway, Swiss Cottage, Clapham, WIQ, Greenwich 02, Surrey Quays, Fulham.

#43 Post by prettyxcool » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:13 pm

The Sparrow wrote:
prettyxcool wrote:
The Sparrow wrote:The best things about it was hearing The Boss (but not enough) and the shell.
Do you mean the "The Bousche", but I thought they were saying The Bush! :giggle:

No but thinking back, that was fairly amusing but I'd seen that in the trailer. They played a short excerpt from a Springsteen song. Bruce is The Boss.
Oh, I get you now! As you say "not enough", hence I missed the song! ;)
Member No. 17 of the "100 free films in 2019" club. 50 seen so far
My Movie Scores click here

2018 - 100 seen (9 premieres/Press) Also 2 Opera, 1 Netfix, 15 theatres, 2 concerts, 1 ballet)
2017 - 106 seen
2016 - 116 seen
2015 - 120 seen (16 premieres, 2 Gala Screenings). Also 3 theatres/shows, 2 concerts
2014 - 132 seen (26 premieres and 7 Gala Screenings). Also 18 misc. free events/concerts
2013 - 115 Seen (12 premieres). Also 6 theatres/shows, 5 concerts
2012 - 118 seen (23 premieres). Also 12 theatres/shows.
2011 - 133 seen
2010 - 105 seen

Cinemame
Air Force One
Air Force One

#44 Post by Cinemame » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:08 pm

Wasn't going to bother with this based on the 15% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and the poorer reviews on here but, do you know, it wasn't half bad after all. Quite a relaxing watch after some of the more heavy viewings lately and a simple enough story with decent actors and characters, I felt (I'm a Wiig fan anyway). A little more of Matt Dillon would have been nice.

The goody bag given out at the Charles Worthington night was a nice touch too - hair care takeaways, samples, a magazine, money-off vouchers and even popcorn were all most welcome, although I politely declined the offer to have my photo taken on the red carpet affair before the preview!

All in all, an enjoyable evening.

davtrick

#45 Post by davtrick » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:59 am

Saw this film on Monday night as a freebie. As a comedy it raised a few laughs it could have been better. Enjoyed the Blondie tracks. Kept thinking in some instances when Katherine Wiig was acting a similarity to Jennifer aniston was there feature wise.

priamia
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 455
Preferred Cinemas: All Central London: Check full list of cinemas in my interests
I have tickets for: Everybody's Fine/Lovely Bones, The Wolfman, Kick Ass,

#46 Post by priamia » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:54 pm

I attended the Charles Worthington screening on Monday 23rd. There were goody bags on each seat. Containing a magazine, individual bag of wasabi and sweet ginger flavoured popcorn, small/travel bottles of volumising shampoo and conditioner and a large sachet of something that me and my friends are unable to make out (it's for your hair, prob a masque). We were asked to 'pose on the red carpet' before the going into the screen, but we politely declined (having dashed from work to get there, thought the world was not ready for us to popularise the 'flustered' look).

[spoiler]The film was ok. Just ok. Had some good laughter moments, thought Ralph's character was really endearing, the developing romance between Imogeeeeeeeeeene and Lee was predictable. Annette Bening looked AMAZING! Chic flick that is better suited to DVD or TV movie, sadly. 5/10 from me[/spoiler]
Preferred cinemas: All Central London: APOLLO Piccadilly, EMPIRE Leicester Sq; ODEONS: Leicester Sq/Covent Garden/West End/Whiteleys/Panton St; VUE: West End/Fulham/Islington, CINEWORLD: Haymarket/Shaftesbury Ave; Brixton Ritzy,
Then: Westfield, o2, Clapham

bitzer
Air Force One
Air Force One

#47 Post by bitzer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Cliched, tiresome and a very poor attempt to capitalise on the very bad, but as bad as this, Silver Linings Playbook. Both tried to make entertainment from depictions of the mentally ill and neither were amusing.

dorauk

#48 Post by dorauk » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:45 pm

Hello - new to the forum *waves*

I'm a big Wiig fan and I thought Annette Bening was absolutely wonderful! Actually everyone in it was fab, but the plot was a bit limp. I just let it wash over me and enjoyed everyone's performances but I wasn't moved or excited or even found it particular funny.

Best of luck to Kristen, I hope she manages to match Bridesmaid's success soon! 5/10