Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Discuss movies (including free films)
RAZORBACK
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Enfield, Lee Valley, Wood Green, North Finchley, Hackney, Hatfield, West India Quay & Greenwich

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

#1 Post by RAZORBACK » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Even though he's one of my least favourite Marvel character's I have to admit the following trailer looks pretty good:

Free Films Seen (2015) - 30 including Big Hero 6, Birdman, Enemy, Ex Machina, It Follows, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Selma, The Gambler, Two Night Stand, Unbroken, Whiplash & Wild.

Free Films Seen (2014) - 400

Free Films Seen (2013) - 200

On The Horizon: Focus & Project Almanac.

Member 26 of the '100 free films in 2015' club (30 seen, 70 to go)
Member 26 of the '100 free films in 2014' club (100+ seen, 0 to go)

distortthecode

Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

#2 Post by distortthecode » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:56 am

This looks closer to how Cap is portrayed in the comics so I'm definitely looking forward to it. Plus, just in general, The Winter Solider looks seriously badass in that trailer, loved the knife flip in the middle of the fight!

Agent-S
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: Odeon, Cineworld Birmingham

#3 Post by Agent-S » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:49 pm

I remember watching the first one which I thought was quite bad, so I don't have any real intention of wanting to see this.

RickyRaj
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Finchley Road, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street, Holloway, West India Quays or anywhere in central London.
I haven't got tickets for: Any

#4 Post by RickyRaj » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:56 pm

I like the first one as I didn't know the history of the character. This one looks good too so am looking forward to see it. I can't say the same for the Thor sequel as the character doesn't really appeal to me.
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Finchley Rd, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Ave, Odeon Panton St, Holloway Rd, West India Quays or anywhere in central London.

Yinster
Prediction Master
Prediction Master
Preferred Cinemas: Glasgow, Edinburgh and anything in between

#5 Post by Yinster » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:37 pm

Total Film has already posted on twitter about the two post credit scenes from Captain America.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/captain-a ... s-revealed

must remind myself to stay behind as I forgot when I watched another film
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2017 - 2 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2016 - 8 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2015 - 27 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2014 - 47 seen
]Member 88 of 100 free films in 2013 - 82 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2012 - 62 seen
Preference of cinemas:- 1. Glasgow Renfield Street Cineworld, 2. Glasgow Showcase, 3. Braehead Odeon, 4. Vue Fort, 5 Glasgow Springfield Quay, 5. any other cinema in Glasgow area including Hamilton
Also Falkirk, Dunfermline and Stirling but these are rarely used for free previews.

claire
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: westfieldlondon /shepherds bush / hammersmith/ wandsworth/whitleys/ west end / wimbledon

#6 Post by claire » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:22 am

Can't wait for his tonight :cheer:
Member 58 of the "100 free films in 2013" club
64seen 36 to go

member No.58 of the "100 free films in 2012" club
57 seen
Member No. 64 of the "100 free films in 2011" club.

TheBoySeggy
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#7 Post by TheBoySeggy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:43 am

Yinster wrote:

Total Film has already posted on twitter about the two post credit scenes from Captain America.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/captain-a ... s-revealed

must remind myself to stay behind as I forgot when I watched another film
I never leave a Marvel film early now, even though some of the post credit scenes aren't great. I didn't even know about the Samuel L. Jackson one at the end of the first Iron Man film until I b*ght the DVD. :wall:

Yinster
Prediction Master
Prediction Master
Preferred Cinemas: Glasgow, Edinburgh and anything in between

#8 Post by Yinster » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:21 am

http://www.showfilmfirst.com/captain-america-3/

It’s a bumper news day for Marvel fans this morning, with Joe and Anthony Russo confirming that they will direct the third Captain America film.
“Well now that Kevin [Feige] said it, that means we can talk about it, I guess,” says Joe Russo. “We’re just in the formative stages of it right now. We just started breaking the story and we’re just getting an idea of what we wanna do with it.”
“It’s crazy working on it before the movie even comes out, because you want to see what people respond to in the movie.”
“You want to get some inspiration from what people like about the film so you go, ‘Okay, this is what we gotta lean into in the next movie’ or ‘this is what we should move away from, this didn’t work so well.’”
Meanwhile, Kevin Feige also revealed that one of Winter Soldier’s two post-credit scenes was directed by none other than Joss Whedon himself, giving audiences even more reason to hang around after the movie ends.
Rumours had already been swirling about the possibility of an Avengers: Age Of Ultron set-up, and Whedon’s involvement would appear to lend further fuel to that particular fire…
You’ll be able to see for yourselves when Captain America: The Winter Soldier opens in the UK on 28 March 2014.
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2017 - 2 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2016 - 8 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2015 - 27 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2014 - 47 seen
]Member 88 of 100 free films in 2013 - 82 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2012 - 62 seen
Preference of cinemas:- 1. Glasgow Renfield Street Cineworld, 2. Glasgow Showcase, 3. Braehead Odeon, 4. Vue Fort, 5 Glasgow Springfield Quay, 5. any other cinema in Glasgow area including Hamilton
Also Falkirk, Dunfermline and Stirling but these are rarely used for free previews.

philipand96
Air Force One
Air Force One

#9 Post by philipand96 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Well I don't know who posted the link Captain America: The Winter Soldier competition but thanks.

SFF have just sent me the link to say I have won..... preview next Thursday 20/03/2014
"Congratulations, you have won a ticket for two to a regional premiere of Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier!" etc

It is a 7.30 start but I have redeemed and PRINTED my ticket

I was in 2 mind whether to enter not..
Quentin Rodriguez & Robert Tarantino

ISMADDER
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Preferred Cinemas: Northampton VUE, Northampton Cineworld, Kettering Odeon, Milton Keynes Cineworld & Odeon, Leicester Showcase

#10 Post by ISMADDER » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:41 pm