Last Vegas

Discuss movies (including free films)
gluid

Re: Last Vegas

#21 Post by gluid » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:01 pm

Seen it last night in VUE Finchley Road (no coctails or hot dogs, next time I will try Odeon then) Well, I expected much more from such a stellar cast, the jokes were extremely predictable and done million time before. I agree with Funthing that the actors were the only thing that saves this film from really disappointing. I would give it a 5/10

scootermcc
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 0

#22 Post by scootermcc » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:03 pm

Beate wrote:Was it? Gosh am I doubly glad now I got Hobbit tickets instead!
The only saving grace was that they were handing out Vue complementary tickets for any future showings,the comp was valid at any Vue including the west end cinemas and 3D showings.

caitlinmorton

#23 Post by caitlinmorton » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:13 pm

scootermcc wrote:
Beate wrote:Was it? Gosh am I doubly glad now I got Hobbit tickets instead!
The only saving grace was that they were handing out Vue complementary tickets for any future showings,the comp was valid at any Vue including the west end cinemas and 3D showings.
Those comp tickets are great! I used mine from a botched screening in May the other day at Westfield and it let me do VIP! I wonder if it would have let me do Vue Extreme or Scene!?

deb1
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: Cineworld Glasgow, Odeon Glasgow Quay, Odeon Braehead, Glasgow Showcase

#24 Post by deb1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Saw this last night at Vue in Glasgow Fort with OH, McG, karen123, Yinster and OH, ploggit and scootermcc - and a lovely treat was my Mum and Dad came along too (they must have really fancied the look of this one as they don't often go to the cinema!)

I thought this was good, funny (at parts) and touching - however it wasn't nearly as funny as I had expected and was therefore disappointed. The cast was great and had a lot of promise but I felt a lot of the film I was waiting for something funny to happen.
I'd give this a 7/10.

However just to give a broad view from others, my OH said it deserved a 8.5/10 and my Mum and Dad agreed and said they might even give it a 9/10. Just as well we are all different eh!

Scootermcc - was good to finally meet you.
Member Number 21 of the 100 Free Film Club of 2014.

Aiming for 100 in 2014.

73 films seen in 2013.

Yinster
Prediction Master
Prediction Master
Preferred Cinemas: Glasgow, Edinburgh and anything in between

#25 Post by Yinster » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:32 pm

deb1 wrote:my OH said it deserved a 8.5/10
Only cos he didn't fall asleep :p
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2017 - 2 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2016 - 8 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2015 - 27 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2014 - 47 seen
]Member 88 of 100 free films in 2013 - 82 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2012 - 62 seen
Preference of cinemas:- 1. Glasgow Renfield Street Cineworld, 2. Glasgow Showcase, 3. Braehead Odeon, 4. Vue Fort, 5 Glasgow Springfield Quay, 5. any other cinema in Glasgow area including Hamilton
Also Falkirk, Dunfermline and Stirling but these are rarely used for free previews.

scootermcc
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#26 Post by scootermcc » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:17 pm

deb1 wrote:Saw this last night at Vue in Glasgow Fort with OH, McG, karen123, Yinster and OH, ploggit and scootermcc - and a lovely treat was my Mum and Dad came along too (they must have really fancied the look of this one as they don't often go to the cinema!)

I thought this was good, funny (at parts) and touching - however it wasn't nearly as funny as I had expected and was therefore disappointed. The cast was great and had a lot of promise but I felt a lot of the film I was waiting for something funny to happen.
I'd give this a 7/10.

However just to give a broad view from others, my OH said it deserved a 8.5/10 and my Mum and Dad agreed and said they might even give it a 9/10. Just as well we are all different eh!

Scootermcc - was good to finally meet you.
Good to have met you as well.

Soon FMUKers' will be taking over the cinema.

deb1
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: Cineworld Glasgow, Odeon Glasgow Quay, Odeon Braehead, Glasgow Showcase

#27 Post by deb1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Yinster wrote:
deb1 wrote:my OH said it deserved a 8.5/10
Only cos he didn't fall asleep :p
Yeah, unusual for him eh!? :P
Member Number 21 of the 100 Free Film Club of 2014.

Aiming for 100 in 2014.

73 films seen in 2013.

karenlg123
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: Glasgow Quay, Glasgow Braehead, Glasgow Renfield Street, Glasgow Fort, Glasgow Showcase Baillieston and Paisley

#28 Post by karenlg123 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:30 am

Saw this with Deb1 and OH, McG, Yinster and OH, ploggit and scootermcc -

Yes I laughed a some parts but overall didn't think it was funny enough. Great cast with a good chemistry but somehow it just fell short of what I had been expecting. No surprises in the storyline but that being said it was an easy watch, I was in good company and it was worth a trip out for.

6.5/10 for me.

Not only did Deb1's OH not fall asleep, but neither did McG!!

satr

#29 Post by satr » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:25 am

I had tickets to the Tuesday showing at Piccadilly Vue. Unfotunately on arrival they reported that the screen has having technical issues and would not be showing any film tonight.

I was quite dissapointed after hearing from others that the films is quite good, However, I was very happy when they gave us two free movie passes that allow us to see any fim at any Vue cinema instead. Very good customer service.

RevKeith39
The Third Man
The Third Man

#30 Post by RevKeith39 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:23 pm

I was not expecting much from this movie, expecting a vanity project. So it was a nice surprise to find it warm, funny and enjoyable. It certainly won't be winning any awards for originality but it entertained me from start to finish.

8/10
Member No. 31 of 100 free films club 2015. 27 seen 73 to go.