Walking With Dinosaurs 3D

Discuss movies (including free films)
scootermcc
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 0

Walking With Dinosaurs 3D

#1 Post by scootermcc » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:24 am

Thought that this was pretty poor,then again it is for children and not for old folk like me.

Here's my review.

http://www.cinemabang.com/new-reviews.php

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Any London cinema, mainly central or south London.

Re: Walking With Dinosaurs 3D

#2 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:56 am

So no Kenneth Branagh narrative? :) As its a BBC affiliated film, I'm sure the title is rather deliberate to also sell their DVD Walking with Dinosaurs TV series (which was absolutely brilliant).

From the trailer it seemed like a rip-off of the Disney's 1990 Dinosaur...ie journey to find a habitat after surviving the initial impact of the meteor. Disney's film is I expect superior even though its the lesser of Disney animated movies particularly with its incredible first all out use of CGI.
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Do you have a VR headset? If so, maybe we can play a physical sports game or even be sports/fitness partners, hit me up if you keen.
PSN: TheyCallMeTej, Oculus: TheyCallMeTJ

RAZORBACK
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Enfield, Lee Valley, Wood Green, North Finchley, Hackney, Hatfield, West India Quay & Greenwich

#3 Post by RAZORBACK » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:28 pm

Went to this (in 2D) earlier today and actually quite enjoyed it, yes it's geared towards children but the story is engaging enough & visually this film is at times quite breathtaking.

Overall it did just enough to get a 7/10 from me...
Free Films Seen (2015) - 30 including Big Hero 6, Birdman, Enemy, Ex Machina, It Follows, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Selma, The Gambler, Two Night Stand, Unbroken, Whiplash & Wild.

Free Films Seen (2014) - 400

Free Films Seen (2013) - 200

On The Horizon: Focus & Project Almanac.

Member 26 of the '100 free films in 2015' club (30 seen, 70 to go)
Member 26 of the '100 free films in 2014' club (100+ seen, 0 to go)

missunique
Air Force One
Air Force One
Preferred Cinemas: Greenwich O2/ Greenwich Oden/ Romford Vue/ lee valley Oden
I have tickets for: Frozen

#4 Post by missunique » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:52 am

Went to watch this yesterday, I was not expecting what I saw. Thought it was gonna be a kids version of Jurassic park. I fell asleep the kids really enjoyed it though. I wouldn't recommend seeing it after a hectic day. But a family Sunday movie for the kids.
Member No. 33 of the "100 free films in 2014" club. 0 seen 50 to go