Non-Stop

Discuss movies (including free films)
prettyxcool
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Prefer all Central London, then Islington, Notting Hill, Whiteleys, Shepherd's Bush, Westfield, Holloway, Swiss Cottage, Clapham, WIQ, Greenwich 02, Surrey Quays, Fulham.

Non-Stop

#1 Post by prettyxcool » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:24 am

A double dose of Liam Neeson tonight at the PCC. Nicely organised, just guest list on the door, so no queuing.

Non-Stop was non-stop tense "guess who" thriller, edge of seat stuff with quite a bit of humour, and very corny, but again, if you just go with the flow, absolutely enjoyable! 9/10

A lot of people left and did not stay for the second film, Unknown. Did not check beforehand if I had seen it or not, as did not remember the title, but once I saw January Jones, I knew I had seen it already, on TV! But nice to see it on the big screen. Still enjoyed watching again, even though I was remembering bits as I watched it. 8/10
Member No. 17 of the "100 free films in 2019" club. 50 seen so far
My Movie Scores click here

2018 - 100 seen (9 premieres/Press) Also 2 Opera, 1 Netfix, 15 theatres, 2 concerts, 1 ballet)
2017 - 106 seen
2016 - 116 seen
2015 - 120 seen (16 premieres, 2 Gala Screenings). Also 3 theatres/shows, 2 concerts
2014 - 132 seen (26 premieres and 7 Gala Screenings). Also 18 misc. free events/concerts
2013 - 115 Seen (12 premieres). Also 6 theatres/shows, 5 concerts
2012 - 118 seen (23 premieres). Also 12 theatres/shows.
2011 - 133 seen
2010 - 105 seen

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Any London cinema, mainly central or south London.

Re: Non-Stop and Unknown double bill

#2 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:44 am

prettyxcool wrote:A double dose of Liam Neeson tonight at the PCC. Nicely organised, just guest list on the door, so no queuing.

Non-Stop was non-stop tense "guess who" thriller, edge of seat stuff with quite a bit of humour, and very corny, but again, if you just go with the flow, absolutely enjoyable! 9/10

A lot of people left and did not stay for the second film, Unknown. Did not check beforehand if I had seen it or not, as did not remember the title, but once I saw January Jones, I knew I had seen it already, on TV! But nice to see it on the big screen. Still enjoyed watching again, even though I was remembering bits as I watched it. 8/10

Doh, when I read the title, I literally thought you were going into a mystery double bill (ie unknown)! :) Agree with you about Unknown, that was excellent especially the awesome plot turn (and yeah, it is old!). Neeson has become quite the bona fide action man hero these days. I look forward to seeing Non-Stop sometime this weekend.
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Do you have a VR headset? If so, maybe we can play a physical sports game or even be sports/fitness partners, hit me up if you keen.
PSN: TheyCallMeTej, Oculus: TheyCallMeTJ

claire
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: westfieldlondon /shepherds bush / hammersmith/ wandsworth/whitleys/ west end / wimbledon

Re: Non-Stop and Unknown double bill

#3 Post by claire » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:49 am

I went to see this too. (But left after non-stop)

I loved non stop.
Really enjoyed it. And kept me guessinung throughout who was behind it.

Highly recommend even a few bits that made everyone laugh. o/
so a solid 8/10from me
Member 58 of the "100 free films in 2013" club
64seen 36 to go

member No.58 of the "100 free films in 2012" club
57 seen
Member No. 64 of the "100 free films in 2011" club.

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

Re: Non-Stop

#4 Post by Beate » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:49 pm

prettyxcool wrote:A lot of people left and did not stay for the second film, Unknown. Did not check beforehand if I had seen it or not, as did not remember the title, but once I saw January Jones, I knew I had seen it already, on TV! But nice to see it on the big screen. Still enjoyed watching again, even though I was remembering bits as I watched it. 8/10
You only gave it 7/10 three years ago! Was looking forward to watching this but fell ill yesterday and could not find the energy to attend - sorry all.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Any London cinema, mainly central or south London.

#5 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:59 pm

Wow...I just watched the trailer for the first time, awesome, it shows almost all the plot in the movie...

....So its a good thing I watched the film first, today!

I stop watching trailers for movies for the last year or so. I cant stress enough how much I am enjoying the movies without watching trailers.

Anyway, on with the movie. Its was a thrilling popcorn entertainment ride and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Its highly suspenseful, the suspicions rocks back and forth like a whodunnit movie. Neeson, these days reminds me of a middle aged Harrison Ford (of the 90s) complete with deeper baritone voice and as usual rocks, as our slightly unstable action man trying to get to the bottom of a mystery that unfolds into further mysteries like a russian doll.

The plot of course is outrageous and silly but that is part of the fun with a movie like this.

The last act is is a little disappointing though, as it doesn't quite add up, the resolution comes too easily with a rather run of the mill climax. But it still has many cool moments.

I'd recommend this to those who enjoyed films like Flight Plan, Air Force One or Snakes on a Plane, can expect the same level intelligence as those films, whether you think that's high or low is debatable but all I am saying is this is at the same level!

7.5/10

Beate wrote:Was looking forward to watching this but fell ill yesterday and could not find the energy to attend - sorry all.
Hope you're feeling better, Beate!
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Do you have a VR headset? If so, maybe we can play a physical sports game or even be sports/fitness partners, hit me up if you keen.
PSN: TheyCallMeTej, Oculus: TheyCallMeTJ

prettyxcool
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Prefer all Central London, then Islington, Notting Hill, Whiteleys, Shepherd's Bush, Westfield, Holloway, Swiss Cottage, Clapham, WIQ, Greenwich 02, Surrey Quays, Fulham.

#6 Post by prettyxcool » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:50 pm

Beate wrote:
prettyxcool wrote:A lot of people left and did not stay for the second film, Unknown. Did not check beforehand if I had seen it or not, as did not remember the title, but once I saw January Jones, I knew I had seen it already, on TV! But nice to see it on the big screen. Still enjoyed watching again, even though I was remembering bits as I watched it. 8/10
You only gave it 7/10 three years ago! Was looking forward to watching this but fell ill yesterday and could not find the energy to attend - sorry all.
haha! Three years ago, no wonder I did not remember the title! Yes, obviously, I have matured in my cinema viewing and appreciate things more! I was a virgin FMUKer then :shifty:

Hope you are feeling better now, Beate, missed you!
Member No. 17 of the "100 free films in 2019" club. 50 seen so far
My Movie Scores click here

2018 - 100 seen (9 premieres/Press) Also 2 Opera, 1 Netfix, 15 theatres, 2 concerts, 1 ballet)
2017 - 106 seen
2016 - 116 seen
2015 - 120 seen (16 premieres, 2 Gala Screenings). Also 3 theatres/shows, 2 concerts
2014 - 132 seen (26 premieres and 7 Gala Screenings). Also 18 misc. free events/concerts
2013 - 115 Seen (12 premieres). Also 6 theatres/shows, 5 concerts
2012 - 118 seen (23 premieres). Also 12 theatres/shows.
2011 - 133 seen
2010 - 105 seen

ritamistry
The Third Man
The Third Man

#7 Post by ritamistry » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:00 am

Me and hubby really enjoyed Non-Stop and stayed for Unknown as well. I was so wrong with the whole who done it, I was surprised as to who really done it. I would give it 8/10.

Ms Thrifty

#8 Post by Ms Thrifty » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:46 am

Perfectly decent thriller, which I might have rated higher (I shall award it 7.5/10), but for the fact that I'd so recently seen Jack Strong, which I think is superior in many ways. But that's not to detract from Non-Stop, which is very entertaining, if improbable and formulaic. You know what to expect and you get it, which is fine.

deb1
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: Cineworld Glasgow, Odeon Glasgow Quay, Odeon Braehead, Glasgow Showcase

#9 Post by deb1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:45 pm

Saw this last night with OH, (thanks to the last of our Showcase vouchers) - due to the lack of recent previews we felt like we needed a film and we weren't disappointed.

Like others have said, a very typical Liam Neeson film, but you know what you are getting and it delivered. Lots of twists and turns and kept you guessing throughout.

We both really enjoyed...8/10 from me.
Member Number 21 of the 100 Free Film Club of 2014.

Aiming for 100 in 2014.

73 films seen in 2013.

RAZORBACK
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Enfield, Lee Valley, Wood Green, North Finchley, Hackney, Hatfield, West India Quay & Greenwich

#10 Post by RAZORBACK » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:22 pm

Went to see this last night & was surprised by just how enjoyable it was.

As with 'Taken', Neeson's performance really elevates the quality bar and makes a film that could have been quite generic & forgettable into something bordering on pretty damn special.

Overall I thought this was a very decent thriller so it gets a well deserved 8/10 from me...
Free Films Seen (2015) - 30 including Big Hero 6, Birdman, Enemy, Ex Machina, It Follows, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Selma, The Gambler, Two Night Stand, Unbroken, Whiplash & Wild.

Free Films Seen (2014) - 400

Free Films Seen (2013) - 200

On The Horizon: Focus & Project Almanac.

Member 26 of the '100 free films in 2015' club (30 seen, 70 to go)
Member 26 of the '100 free films in 2014' club (100+ seen, 0 to go)