Spanner

Re: The Proposal

#31 Post by Spanner » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:27 pm

Andrews!!!! quick..... we've found the phantom trumper, it was sarahjc78 :X
;)

sarahjc78

#32 Post by sarahjc78 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:33 pm

Sorry ... Not me.. I waited until I got home before the popcorn took effect :OP o/

Marta

#33 Post by Marta » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:28 am

I watched it yesterday in Lee Valley. I thought that film was very good, but i have to admit that I do like rom-com. And.... I did have a tear in my eye on a couple of occasions lol :) 7/10 for me. Sandra Bullock was great as always and she looked really good - my and my boyfriend's opinion :D Overall film was better than expected and I enjoyed it a lot.

BettyBoop

#34 Post by BettyBoop » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:29 am

looks like i missed an eventful night.....lol

oldmotherreilly

#35 Post by oldmotherreilly » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:46 am

Maybe it's because I don't get out much but I really enjoyed this film and would give it 8.5 out of 10! Or maybe it's because I want that house and the main actor had an amazing stomach.........! :D

biggins
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 66
Preferred Cinemas: Any in Edinburgh

#36 Post by biggins » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:16 am

I really enjoyed this film and would give it an 8 out of 10. Scenery was awesome. Wow! would love a holiday in that house !!!
Predictable in parts but some very funny moments. The grandmother was very funny and I remember her as Rose in The Golden Girls on TV years ago as my mother would never miss an episode of this.

For those still looking for tickets for other dates - it was well worth going to in my opinion.
Member No. 23 of the "100 free films in 2020" club 1 seen 99 to go.
Member No. 23 of the "100 free films in 2019" club 10 seen .
Member no. 23 of the "100 free film Club" 57 seen 2010.

bevvy
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 202

#37 Post by bevvy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:44 am

The code that I just posted on free films comes up with more Cineworld screenings but the Mail Online website lists these Odeons as the screening venues

The special screenings are taking place on Tuesday July 7 only. Doors open at 6pm for a 6.30pm start at the following participating cinemas:
Aylesbury
Basingstoke
Birmingham
Bournemouth
Cardiff
Chelmsford
Coventry
Derby
Edinburgh Lothian Rd
Glasgow Braehead
Guildford
Hatfield
Huddersfield
Kingston-upon-Thames
Lee Valley
Leicester
Liverpool One
Maidenhead
Manchester Trafford Centre
Mansfield Leisure Park
Norwich
Oxford George St
Port Solent
Silverlink
Southend-on-Sea
Swansea
Taunton
Tunbridge Wells
West Thurrock
Wimbledon
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/home/prmt ... posal.html

Looks like SFF have messed up yet again!

anteena1
The Third Man
The Third Man

#38 Post by anteena1 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:47 am

mum and i thoroughly enjoyed this. i love sandra bullock movies and quite partial to ryan reynolds aswell lol
it was a little weird seeing her in this role as she is normally the clumsy ditsy girl. i couldnt stop laughing at some scenes the naked scene being the main one that was hysterical and i loved the 2 song scenes - a big fan of "it takes 2" so i could relate to the singing part and her dancing and shaking her booty was a hoot a solid 9/10 from me
Last edited by anteena1 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

#39 Post by phunkygal » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:49 am

bevvy wrote:The code that I just posted on free films comes up with more Cineworld screenings but the Mail Online website lists these Odeons as the screening venue

Looks like SFF have messed up yet again!
they have just given them the list for last nights night in error.. SFF do this almost constantly

jaybee
The Third Man
The Third Man
Old post count: 0

#40 Post by jaybee » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:20 am

Also saw it in Norwich but luckily wasn't anywhere the child that seemed to spoil it for Sharkgirl. Thought it was really slow to get going but I ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would considering it was a 'chick-flick'. 6.5/10