Legend

Discuss movies (including free films)
sjb242

Re: Legend

#21 Post by sjb242 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:58 pm

It was more cartoonish than the typical gritty gangster film, but that suited the tone they were going for. Tom Hardy was incredible and I enjoyed Emily Browning's (who looked absolutely tiny on screen) fragile performance. Wish they included more of the mother, but understand why they didn't with her playing a prominent role in previous film versions.

groot
Air Force One
Air Force One
Old post count: 0

#22 Post by groot » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:46 pm

THE Kray twins’ biopic Legend broke several UK box office records at the weekend.

Tom Hardy’s turn as 1960s gangsters Reggie and Ronnie saw the film rake in £5.18million – the UK’s biggest September release and the best ever opening for a British film with an 18 certificate.

From the metro

sandypiper
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: Cineworld at Xscape Milton Keynes, Odeon at the Point, Milton Keynes

#23 Post by sandypiper » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:41 pm

Thank you for that information...reading some of the reviews, I thought I had been watching a different film to everyone else

Saarundisc

#24 Post by Saarundisc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:09 pm

I enjoyed the film, Tom hardy deserves an award for the parts he played. However Ronnie was a characature for comedy effect mostly and reggie seemed like an alright guy apart from
The beating/rape stuff. Anyone else think his portrayal was very very similar to his portrayal
Of bronson. Which conveniently was on last night.

midian
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: lea valley, enfield, any in greenwich, west india quay

#25 Post by midian » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:17 pm

The 1990 version of 'The Krays' is on tonight at 9pm on ITV4. Today's date wed 16 sept. prob be on repeat for a bit if you miss tonight.

LatrellBrown
Air Force One
Air Force One

#26 Post by LatrellBrown » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:31 am

I felt that this was a good adaptation of the life of the krays.

9/10

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#27 Post by raj101 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:16 pm

Though movie played the ol' red herring narrative trick on us rather sheepishly, the story is well put across though the ultraviolence may leave some hiding behind their beers at times. There is a strong focus on the similarity and difference between the twins, and the early glamorisation of gangster culture in the movie is fortunately well balanced with just desserts and consequences for the Krays by the end. I would call it a companion peice to the other Kray twin movies rather than a stand-alone movie - an extensive collection of graphic snapshots more than a biography.

If Hardy deserves an Oscar, then Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) deserves a medal.

3 stars.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?