Nocturnal Animals

Discuss movies (including free films)
sfancy
The Third Man
The Third Man
Old post count: 0

Re: Nocturnal Animals

#11 Post by sfancy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:09 pm

I thought this was one of the best films of 2016! It's based on the book, which I'm now dying to read!

missgotty
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Islington, Holloway, Greenwich O2, Leicester Square, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus, Tottenham Court Road, Marbel Arch, Hackney PH, Brixton PH, Enfield

#12 Post by missgotty » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:41 am

I didn't like this film. The opening scene was kind of disturbing and interesting that they went for the shock factor straight off the bat, but then the film had these subtle peaks and falls through most of the film. I found the ending annoying more than anything. Jack and Aaron were great but I'm sure I would enjoy reading the book a lot more.

3/10

sfancy
The Third Man
The Third Man

#13 Post by sfancy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:41 pm

LOVED this! Probably one of the best films I saw in 2016

Flabber
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Cinemas in order of preference: All central London, North Finchley, Holloway, Enfield

#14 Post by Flabber » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:25 am

I think this is a movie that will divide audiences. It's a compelling story and the direction is impressive, but I felt like I'd missed something at the end. It felt unfinished and quite sudden in the end. I'm all for arty and noir films but this just didn't satisfy.

3/10
Disce quasi semper victurus; vive quasi cras moriturus

Llamaqueen
Air Force One
Air Force One

#15 Post by Llamaqueen » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:14 pm

I love this film i can say that at first i saw the trailer and did not expect anything good from the flim but after watching it my mind was blown away it was done so well i was picking up things after the flim and got alot of it after but i did understand the story and it moved me the end again at first the ending i thought was to dull but i got it after and loved this its hard to describe but Amy Adams and jake gyllenhaal did amazing and Tom Ford done a great job at directing suprsingly!

D-Fens
Prediction Master
Prediction Master

#16 Post by D-Fens » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Is this movie
Spoiler
Show
anti-abortion? Or at least sympathetic to the male perspective towards all things in that area.