The Justice League

Discuss movies (including free films)
tonethestone
Phase IV
Phase IV

The Justice League

#1 Post by tonethestone » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:43 pm

Saw this earlier today at a press screening, and boy oh boy it’s bad. I’m not a fan of the Snyder DCmovies tbf but this one I was expecting a little more and it just didn’t deliver. The villain is awful, as is Cyborg. Wonder Woman is good, others vary but generally ok and the dynamic between them is ok but the narrative is a complete muddle, it’s overlong by far & just a mess.

Stop these CGI overload DC movies!

1.5/5
Upcoming films want to see;
Top Gun Maverick
MI 7 & 8
The Many Saints of Newark
Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Best films seen recently;
Tenet
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
In The Heights
A Quiet Place 2

IDRIS78

Re: The Justice League

#2 Post by IDRIS78 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:14 am

I thought this was gonna be the case! Oh well! At least you didn't p*y to watch it. I'm finally going to see Thor Ragnarok tomorrow (Thank you Meerkat Movies!) It's probably one of the films I've been looking forward to seeing the most, I'm a big fan of Taika Watiti just haven't had time as I've recently started a new Job. Have you seen it?

tonethestone
Phase IV
Phase IV

#3 Post by tonethestone » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:22 am

IDRIS78 wrote:I thought this was gonna be the case! Oh well! At least you didn't p*y to watch it. I'm finally going to see Thor Ragnarok tomorrow (Thank you Meerkat Movies!) It's probably one of the films I've been looking forward to seeing the most, I'm a big fan of Taika Watiti just haven't had time as I've recently started a new Job. Have you seen it?
I haven’t seen Thor Ragnarok but know people who have and they enjoyed it.
Upcoming films want to see;
Top Gun Maverick
MI 7 & 8
The Many Saints of Newark
Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Best films seen recently;
Tenet
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
In The Heights
A Quiet Place 2

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#4 Post by raj101 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:46 pm

pretty tepid Snyder affair, lifted occasionally by bright moments of Whedon additions/rewrites. a mixed affair then. Wonder woman struts, Flash shines, Batman grumbles, Supes is thickasshyte hot and Aqua is about as useful as a surfer dude in an operating theatre. Cyborg, seriously?

Main problems are -
1. Weakly built up villain
2. inaudible, often nonsense dialogue at times
3. Complete imbalance for the deux ex machina. Why not, instead of set up a JL, just wait for superman to turn up and paste the baddie in 5 minutes?
4. A particular scene where the JLA inexplicably allow the one thing they were throughout the movie hellbent on trying to prevent, just happen without a care. wtf.
5. Appalling ending. really truely bad.

Best part is amnesiac Superman, although exactly where he has a pants change in that scene is a mystery that set the cinema sniggering. Not even briefly.

2.5 stars
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

fraz
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Edinburgh: Wester Hailes, Cineworld, Omni, Cameo, Dominion, Ocean Terminal

#5 Post by fraz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:06 pm

Very average film. The action is okay but CGI heavy and not very good CGI at that. Wonder Woman is standout, head and shoulders above the rest of the team. Ben Affleck should stand down as Batman with immediate effect. Steppenwolf must be one of the worst baddies ever. 6/10
Member No. 38 of the "100 free films in 2018" club. 0 seen so far.. (12 on unlimited card)
Member No. 38 of the "100 free films in 2017" club. 7 seen (36 on unlimited card)

fraz
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Edinburgh: Wester Hailes, Cineworld, Omni, Cameo, Dominion, Ocean Terminal

#6 Post by fraz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:08 pm

IDRIS78 wrote:I thought this was gonna be the case! Oh well! At least you didn't p*y to watch it. I'm finally going to see Thor Ragnarok tomorrow (Thank you Meerkat Movies!) It's probably one of the films I've been looking forward to seeing the most, I'm a big fan of Taika Watiti just haven't had time as I've recently started a new Job. Have you seen it?
Thor is better than JL in every department.
Member No. 38 of the "100 free films in 2018" club. 0 seen so far.. (12 on unlimited card)
Member No. 38 of the "100 free films in 2017" club. 7 seen (36 on unlimited card)

D-Fens
Prediction Master
Prediction Master

#7 Post by D-Fens » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:45 pm

The grey knight, wonder woman's butt, a few rando's and some sexy brands team up to defeat a video game animation.

DC movies are normally good value because they're so weird but this ventured in to 'what could the creators possibly be thinking'.

The CGI is so uniformly bad that you won't believe a man can fly, you won't even believe that Superman is clean shaven.

McG
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Paisley, Braehead, Glasgow Odeon & Cineworld

#8 Post by McG » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:47 am

I saw this yesterday in the iSense screening at Odeon Quay which is now classed as Luxe as it is completely recliner leather chairs which are absolutely fab!
To the film, I went with low expectations given the reviews but have to say I really enjoyed it. A film has to be awful for me to not to enjoy it! I love the characters all coming together to defeat evil and found they worked well together . . .though I must admit Batman's voice particularly at the start was so low I thought I should go and b*y him some Strepsils!
Ok it's not the best but it's definitely not awful and our viewing was probably improved by the superb sound system in this screen room.
We stayed for the final screen of what's to come next . . . and I will definitely go and see it when it comes out.
Marks 7/10
Preferred cinemas: Best: Glasgow Quay, Glasgow Braehead, Glasgow Renfield Street, Glasgow Fort & Paisley
Others I'd go to: Glasgow Showcase Baillieston

Films already booked for:

Hope to get tickets for: Every film if they come to my preferred cinemas

Member of the 100 Free Films of 2019.
Aim will again be 150. 54 seen: 96 to go.

Member no.9 again for the 100 Free Films of 2018.
My aim will be 150. 143 seen, 07 to go.

Member No. 9 again for the 100 Free Films in 2017. 156 seen, 0 to go
Member no.9 of the 100 Free Films in 2016: 135 seen 0 to go
Member no.9 of the 100 Free Films in 2015: 72 28 to go
Member no. 9 of the 100 Free Films in 2014; 85 seen 15 to go!
Member No. 9 of the "100 Free Films in 2013" ; 89 seen 11 to go!
Member No. 9 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 86 seen 14 short of 100!

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#9 Post by raj101 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:13 am

I'd give the IMAX version a extra half a star to give it 3 stars in total - mainly because at least Snyder put in the graft to shoot it with appriopriate cameras so it looks full size on that screen.Shame he didnt have the ability to make a good movie in front of those cameras.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

D-Fens
Prediction Master
Prediction Master

#10 Post by D-Fens » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:40 pm

It's not Synders movie though is it. When I saw it Google was still saying the running time was 3 hours, this was supposed to be Justice League Part 1, a dark continuation of Batman v Superman.

As none of DCs output was meeting expectations they brought in Joss Whedon to lighten the tone and a lot was reshot.

Which might be why there's no story continuity, scenes are sparsely populated, it's full of jokes, CGI was rushed or the overall palette was brightened so it doesn't match and it's definitely why Superman has a CGI covered moustache.