The Hangover

Discuss movies (including free films)
a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 90
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

The Hangover

#1 Post by a_person » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:17 pm

A blowout Las Vegas bachelor party turns into a race against time when three hung-over groomsmen awaken after a night of drunken debauchery to find that the groom has gone missing, and they must attempt to get him to the alter before his wedding day. In 48 hours, Doug is scheduled to walk down the aisle, effectively ending his reign as a rowdy bachelor. Realizing that this is their last blowout with their best friend, Doug's groomsmen organize a Sin City bachelor bash he'll never forget. The next morning, the groomsmen come to in their Caesar's Palace suite to find a tiger in the bathroom and a six-month-old baby tucked away in the closet. Unfortunately, Doug is nowhere to be found. With no memory of the previous night's transgressions and precious little time to spare, the trio sets out on a hazy attempt to retrace their steps and discover exactly where things went wrong. Will they find Doug in time to get him to the wedding back in Los Angeles, or will his bride experience the sharp sting of disappointment when she walks down the aisle to discover that her future husband is nowhere to be found? Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, and Heather Graham star in a rambunctious comedy from Old School director Todd Phillips.

Trailer:
Member No. 2 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 3 seen, 97 to go!
Realistic target: 5

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
2) Picturehouse Greenwich
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)
4) Odeon Greenwich or Odeon Surrey Quays

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 90
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

Re: The Hangover

#2 Post by a_person » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:05 pm

8/10 - this was crude at some moments, nevertheless very funny!
Member No. 2 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 3 seen, 97 to go!
Realistic target: 5

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
2) Picturehouse Greenwich
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)
4) Odeon Greenwich or Odeon Surrey Quays

crispoke

#3 Post by crispoke » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:11 pm

overly crude, gratuitous swearing and nudity, questionable taste in its humour

9/10!

innins

#4 Post by innins » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:23 pm

I thought the film was hillarous . me and my partner both enjoyed it . I thought they could of should little more of the story about what happened . well worth seeing 9-10

Dave
Air Force One
Air Force One
Old post count: 13
Preferred Cinemas: Birmingham VUE, Cineworld, Showcase, Odeon & Solihull Cineworld

#5 Post by Dave » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:49 pm

We thought this was hilarious too, 10/10 here, funniest film we think any of us had ever seen!
Dave, 18, Birmingham

Films seen in 2009: 20
So far this year: 10 (The Lovely Bones, Everybodys Fine, Phillip Morris, Happy Ever Afters, Kick Ass, Dear John, Hot Tub Time Machine, Death at the Funeral, Step Up 3D, The Sorcerers Apprentice)
Due: The Last Exorcism, The Switch, Going the Distance, Made in Dagenham....

See my 2010 scores, click here.

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Old post count: 4439

The Hangover

#6 Post by AYBG » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:31 am

To see a trailer or rate this film, please click here »

The Hangover is a Vegas-set comedy about a bachelor party gone very, very wrong. It's also possibly FMUK's favourite comedy of the year, received very enthusiastically even by those who would usually steer clear of cruder comedies. anjirose was particularly keen:
me and the OH have never laughed so much, and so heartily
It was blooming hilarious! I'm going to rant and rave to everyone about it!
But in amongst all the "funniest film I've seen in ages" reviews, not everyone loved it.... EthanRunt had this to say:
I love the director's back catalogue, but this was just dull, uninspired and worst of all, unfunny... the laughs were slight chuckles, few and far between, I cared not for the characters, the situation or the humour, and the audience didn't seem TOO enthusiastic about anything, side from the vomit and bum shots.
So what did you think of the film? Funniest film of the year, or just yet another crude dud? Hit the forum and have your say...

Comment on this post in our forums
Top 50 Poster!

sunshine

#7 Post by sunshine » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:43 pm

Thought that everything that was funny in this film would have been in the trailer- but I was wrong. Loved it- very funny (and random).

andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

#8 Post by andrews » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:17 pm

Well, here's some good news, I think! :D

Hollywood gets another Hangover.

A sequel to box office smash The Hangover is already in the works.
The sleeper comedy saw a group of friends trying to piece together what actually happened after a crazy drink fuelled night in Vegas.

It made over $210 million in the US - so unsurprisingly a sequel is wanted by the studio. Hangover 2 will begin shooting late next year with a eye on a 2011 release.
Director Todd Phillips has revealed the secret behind the film's success.
He said, "To me, the casting was as crystal clear as it was on Old School. I remember some executives just didn't understand the casting, and on The Hangover, I felt we were seeing the same faces in a lot of comedies, and that it was time to mix it up."
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ms Thrifty

#9 Post by Ms Thrifty » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:17 am

So what could possibly form the subject of a sequel? Another of the group gets married? The original couple get divorced and the men go away again to help him get over it?

priamia
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 455
Preferred Cinemas: All Central London: Check full list of cinemas in my interests
I have tickets for: Everybody's Fine/Lovely Bones, The Wolfman, Kick Ass,

#10 Post by priamia » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:52 am

Thinking about it, the only thing (I can think of) that may produce a successful sequel is the dentist's possible return to Vegas to pursue Heather Graham's character.

Then again, there's always Alan's character where I suppose ANYTHING goes! hehe
Preferred cinemas: All Central London: APOLLO Piccadilly, EMPIRE Leicester Sq; ODEONS: Leicester Sq/Covent Garden/West End/Whiteleys/Panton St; VUE: West End/Fulham/Islington, CINEWORLD: Haymarket/Shaftesbury Ave; Brixton Ritzy,
Then: Westfield, o2, Clapham