Life Of The Party

Discuss movies (including free films)
stuartboy
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0

Life Of The Party

#1 Post by stuartboy » Thu May 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Another turkey. Melissa McCarthy peaked momentarily in select parts of Bridesmaids and The Heat but like Amy Schumer she's a far better comedian than comic actor. Either that or the material she's given is pants. Just like the above mentioned's most recent film there is basically one joke that runs the length of this way too long movie. It's just flogged and flogged and flogged. I even watched the credits hoping for done outtakes (which would have beaten the actual film hands down) but there were none. I guess they'd plumbed the depths already and put anything vaguely amusing into the film.
I'm guessing this is a chick movie for chick people.
Not good.
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2017" club. 20 different films seen.
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2016" club. 93 different films seen.
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 132 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2014" club. 128 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 125 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 128 different films seen
Member No. 49 of the "100 free films in 2011" club. 120 different films seen

Cineworld Unlimited is cheating! ;-)

Sometimes I sits and thinks....and sometimes I just sits.

scootermcc
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

Re: Life Of The Party

#2 Post by scootermcc » Thu May 10, 2018 3:04 pm

stuartboy wrote:Another turkey. Melissa McCarthy peaked momentarily in select parts of Bridesmaids and The Heat but like Amy Schumer she's a far better comedian than comic actor. Either that or the material she's given is pants. Just like the above mentioned's most recent film there is basically one joke that runs the length of this way too long movie. It's just flogged and flogged and flogged. I even watched the credits hoping for done outtakes (which would have beaten the actual film hands down) but there were none. I guess they'd plumbed the depths already and put anything vaguely amusing into the film.
I'm guessing this is a chick movie for chick people.
Not good.
Have to agree with you Stuartboy, just came back from seeing it and it was awful.

Must rank as one of the worst films of the year with not one laugh during its entire length.

I think that the film proves that Melissa McCarthy (I loved Mike & Molly) is a bit of a one trick pony and I think her horse has bolted.

An embarrassment from start to finish.

Can you imagine if the roles were reversed and the husband went to the college and did what she did, he would have been chased off the campus by an angry mob.
Spoiler
Show
vaginagoogle, what was that all about ?

mazzaholmes
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice

Re: Life Of The Party

#3 Post by mazzaholmes » Fri May 25, 2018 11:44 am

I am a big fan of Melissa McCarthy and the trailer for this film looked great so I had high hopes.

And I was not disappointed. Melissa was hilarious and there were many laugh out loud moments.

The way the characters were connected was fantastic writing.

Definitely a film I would see again.
Shearer4