Discuss movies (including free films)
raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

Gemini Man

#1 Post by raj101 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:37 pm

Very half baked affair at best. Although its a a simple action movie really, its got an Ang Lee stamp on it with its character focus and touch of ethics but its all too much of a Will Smith vehicle for my liking. I wanted more scifi elements but its almost entirely contemporary. 2/5.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

tonethestone
Phase IV
Phase IV

Re: Gemini Man

#2 Post by tonethestone » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:46 pm

agree with OP, found this so dull.

When was the last time Will Smith was in a good film?!
2/5
Upcoming films want to see;
Top Gun Maverick
MI 7 & 8
The Many Saints of Newark
Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Best films seen recently;
Tenet
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
In The Heights
A Quiet Place 2

thrjfr
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice

#3 Post by thrjfr » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:57 am

Terribly boring. 2/5

D-Fens
Prediction Master
Prediction Master

#4 Post by D-Fens » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Saw this only knowing the premise so was happy enough with the start and was waiting for the Sci-Fi to kick in. Was surprised when it all continued to exist in the same, flat universe. It would have been much more interesting if Big Will had a purpose or something else to do and Little Will was getting in the way of that. The actually plot was so dull and sketchy.

That said, it's quite a major landmark to have the first major character using this technology. It's been used in smaller roles but never for a lead character? It's a pity that idea didn't play back in to the script because actors will be able to decide whether they actually die or live forever in new roles. The next good Will Smith film might be in 2097.

And HFR projection was really interesting and worth the trip. I think it makes green screen look terrible, some scenes look real for the better of the movie and some to the detriment. I think there's a really good in-joke about that too so somebody was at least self aware about the whole thing.