Discuss movies (including free films)
raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

JoJo Rabbit

#1 Post by raj101 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:28 pm

Yes this is good movie, might be a bit much for some with its comedy Nazis but its heart is in the right place, dont worry. First time I seen Rebel Wilson being really funny. 4/5
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

tonethestone
Phase IV
Phase IV

Re: JoJo Rabbit

#2 Post by tonethestone » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:30 pm

Thought this was pretty terrible, wasn’t sure what is was aiming for, was not remotely funny, so it can’t be a comedy, wasn’t dramatic, just didn’t understand what this film was trying to be at all. 1/5.
Upcoming films want to see;
Top Gun Maverick
MI 7 & 8
The Many Saints of Newark
Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Best films seen recently;
Tenet
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
In The Heights
A Quiet Place 2

thrjfr
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice

#3 Post by thrjfr » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:06 am

I absolutely loved this. The comedy worked for me and so did the more serious moments. 5/5

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#4 Post by Beate » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:42 pm

I was in two minds about going to this but finally decided to go, and didn't regret it. The director happily doesn't give a fig about what anyone thinks and manages to show the horror and the absurdities of the Third Reich in equal measures.

There are moments of tenderness followed by hilarity and immediately followed by a scene that makes you gasp in horror. He doesn't shy away from those, and shows them quite matter of factly. Sam Rockwell and Rebel Wilson do a great job in showing how ridiculous it was to try and make war machines out of kids and baby machines out of women. And as for Hitler - I'm sorry but he had me in stitches throughout, and I think that's ok as the film doesn't make fun of the atrocities. Just compare the truckload full of jubilant young men going into war with the truckload of them returning and you know what I mean.

And then you get the moments of true humanity, and you're in tears again. Go watch it.

9/10
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

Zari
Air Force One
Air Force One

#5 Post by Zari » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:33 pm

I found this movie to be ok nothing special. To be honest I was expecting more with the cast they had. It’s not really a comedy or a serious movie it’s just in between. 3/5