Re: email re imagine that

#11 Post by BettyBoop » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:59 pm

Beate wrote:it was a duplicate.
thanks beate...was getting myself confused! lol

moggers
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 404
Preferred Cinemas: Odeon Braehead, Odeon Quay, Cineworld Glasgow.

Re: Imagine That

#12 Post by moggers » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:25 pm

We went to see this at Breahead this morning. Not the best children movie I've ever seen but funny enough in parts and it amused my 6 year old. I did like the fact that it was quite an old fashioned type family movie with no whizzbang effects.

andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

#13 Post by andrews » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:31 pm

I saw this at the Odeon, Silverlink, earlier today. We caught them on the hop - no one seemed to know which screen to put us in. Then we were left in the dark - literally, and at 10.45am, I went to find someone and asked if they were going to start the film. We could have still been there - no one seemed to know what was happening. Eventually, a young man made an apology to us and said the film would be starting soon, and without further ado, it did. Frankly, I found it very disappointing. It was standard Eddie Murphy fare, and although there were some funny moments, it was a let-down. I had gone along with fairly low expectations in any case, and was not surprised to find the film lived down to them. The little girl, who played the daughter was cute, and did a fine job. There were several cameo roles by American basketball or baseball stars - this was of course, lost on me.

I read yesterday that Eddie Murphy was the 5th highest earner in Hollywood last year - and I have to ask the question - how?

5/10 from me
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

destresserai
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 581
Preferred Cinemas: Wimbledon, Kingston, Epsom, Wandsworth, Croydon Grants

#14 Post by destresserai » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:24 pm

A so-so family film which would probably be okay to watch on a wet Sunday afternoon but nothing special. The storyline has been played out many times before - The Game Plan immediately comes to mind - and the antics of Eddie Murphy have been seen in most of his film before.

I went with two young teenage boys who both said they would have preferred to stay in bed!

A disappointing 5/10 from us on this one.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Albert Einstein

anteena1
The Third Man
The Third Man

#15 Post by anteena1 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:41 pm

i took 2 7 year old boys and a 3 yr old. the youngest fell asleep and ds1 was bored silly. However boys being slugs and puppy dog tails loved the "poo poo wee wee caca" scene and proceeded down kingston high street shouting it at the top of their voices.
Eddie was THE MAN in the 80's BH cop and 48 hrs but the family movies excluding nutty professor have been pretty hit or miss.

would i p*y to see this NO i give it 5/10

Allsinging
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 1076
Preferred Cinemas: York and Castleford
I haven't got tickets for: anything

#16 Post by Allsinging » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:37 pm

We saw this one at Leeds Light...did we miss you Steve?

The film had some amusing bits with a few laugh-out-loud moments but was sadly a bit of a miss, so only a 5 for me...my son (8) gave the film a 5 too saying he was bored at times but like anteena1's boys laughed to the poo poo wee wee caca scene. My daughter (6) liked it more, she loved the father/daughter relationship bless her, she gave the film an 8. So as a family film we come out with a 6.

Worth a watch but i would not have been impressed if i had pa*d full price for these tickets.
Good news everyone I've invented a device that makes you read this in your head in my voice!

Thank you FMUK for inspiring our community cinema http://www.Selbyglobe.co.uk

Member 4 of the 100 free films in 2011 club

steve9872
SuperMember
SuperMember
Old post count: 456

#17 Post by steve9872 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:47 pm

Allsinging wrote:We saw this one at Leeds Light...did we miss you Steve?
I never do sunday mornings, i'm still in bed.
Member number 13 of the 100 free films in 2019 club. o/
My more realistic target is 80 :tears:
20 seen so far, Páid for 0
Movie list 2019
29 seen 2018 :X
53 seen 2017 :nono:
61 seen 2016 :tears:
86 seen 2015 8-)
71 seen 2014 :tears:
90 seen 2013 8-)
77 seen 2012 8-)
69 seen 2011 8-)
60 seen 2010 8-)

Looking forward to in 2019: (Jan) Glass (Feb) (mar) Captain Marvel, (apr) Avengers: Endgame ,(May) (jun) Dark Phoenix, MIB: International (Jul) (aug) The new mutants, (sep) (oct) (nov) Kingsman 3 (dec)

the fox
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 9
Preferred Cinemas: Nottingham, Mansfield, Loughborough, Derby, Leicester

#18 Post by the fox » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:05 pm

Saw this today at Showcase – Nottingham, thought it was okay but glad I didn’t p*y to see it.
Member No. 14 of the "100 free films in 2019" club! 0 seen 100 to go.

20 Films seen in 2018, 46 Films seen in 2017, 43 Films seen in 2016, 59 Films seen in 2015, 65 Films seen in 2014,
78 Films seen in 2013, 73 Films seen in 2012, 54 Films seen in 2011, 58 Films seen in 2010 and 32 Films seen in 2009

Allsinging
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 1076
Preferred Cinemas: York and Castleford
I haven't got tickets for: anything

#19 Post by Allsinging » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:18 pm

steve9872 wrote:
Allsinging wrote:We saw this one at Leeds Light...did we miss you Steve?
I never do sunday mornings, i'm still in bed.
Shame to waste the day Steve9872, it great to be woken at 5.50am by a very excited 8 year old :roll: and then be forced to help name his new character's and their moves (game he has created) like hydro man, tornado crash, splinter smash, hammer crash....i know not that good but it was early :undecided:
Good news everyone I've invented a device that makes you read this in your head in my voice!

Thank you FMUK for inspiring our community cinema http://www.Selbyglobe.co.uk

Member 4 of the 100 free films in 2011 club

bevvy
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 202

#20 Post by bevvy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Saw this at Odeon, Greenwich. I was asked for i.d. for the second time ever at a screening(and the previous time was yesterday at a Cineworld woolworths screening of Bolt).
The lady that checked my i.d today said that they don't usually bother but she had been specially told to do it today.

The cinema was very empty, only about 20% full. Having seen the film, I now understand why. It certainly didn't come up to my expectations and I cannot understand who the target audience are meant to be. In order to follow the plot you really need to understand what trading on the stockmarket is - no wonder the kids in the cinema seemed bored.
It would be interesting to see what I ended up having to go out for some pick and mix halfway through the film in order to keep my 6 year old companion happy. I don't know what we missed whilst we were queueing for sweets but I am sure that couldn't have been anything spectacular.

It will be interesting to see what adults that saw it without moaning kids thought of the film. No doubt Beate will give us her verdict when she is back online - I didn't get the chance to ask her when I saw her as she was more interested in finding out if she was missing anything on the forum!

4/10 from me - thank goodness I didn't p*y.