Richard Jewell

Discuss movies (including free films)
Moviemad31
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Showcase cine de lux Bristol, Odeon Bristol, Bristol Watershed, Showcase Avonmeads, Everyman Bristol and Vue at Cribbs Causeway.

Richard Jewell

#1 Post by Moviemad31 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:44 pm

Saw this at a preview screening as a times plus subscriber and it was a well attended screening. As to the film itself i thought it was a well acted film and sam rockwell and kathy bates performances were really strong and you really believed their performances and they made you care about what was happening when richard jewell was accused of being the bomber. I would give it 7/10.
Last edited by Moviemad31 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lyn
Air Force One
Air Force One

Re: Richard Jewell

#2 Post by Lyn » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:41 am

Yes, agree with you there. I liked that it didn't focus too much on the carnage of the bombing, which most films seem to do these days but more on the aftermath & how it affected Richard and his mother. Kathy Bates was brilliant!

Karen56
Air Force One
Air Force One

Re: Richard Jewell

#3 Post by Karen56 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:49 am

Umm agree on the quality of the acting - Kathy Bates in particular. Am a huge Sam Rockwell fan so wasn’t disappointed to see him too. I felt it was a little slow in places though the FBI profiling was certainly worryingly portrayed. Overall I’d give it a 6/10.