The suicide squad (2021)

Discuss movies (including free films)
Moviemad31
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Showcase cine de lux Bristol, Odeon Bristol, Bristol Watershed, Showcase Avonmeads, Everyman Bristol and Vue at Cribbs Causeway.

The suicide squad (2021)

#1 Post by Moviemad31 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:34 am

I enjoyed this better than the 1st attempt, though was disappointed they killed certain characters off. I enjoyed it more than i have quite a few superhero films and it was nice to see some of the lesser known dc characters. I thought that the thinker was under used as a character with all the talk of his abilities. I thought that margo robbies character has developed more but again they could of done a bit more with her as harley quinn. But overall an enjoyable watch with plenty of action, silliness and mayhem. And with james gunn directing i thought he did a great job managing the stories of such a large cast overall. 8.5/ 10 from me. Also make sure you stay till the end of the credits. P.S was interesting to see how john cena as peacemaker and idris elba as bloodsport responded to each other constantly battling to do one better than the other and as a result of what happened at the end of the film the rivalry has only intensified.

Moviemad31
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Preferred Cinemas: Showcase cine de lux Bristol, Odeon Bristol, Bristol Watershed, Showcase Avonmeads, Everyman Bristol and Vue at Cribbs Causeway.

Re: The suicide squad (2021)

#2 Post by Moviemad31 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:39 am

Also just to say really enjoyed rat catcher 2 as a character and she was one of the stand outs of the film.

snowman2k
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice

#3 Post by snowman2k » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:47 pm

Loved the start and the mass killing, would like another by James Gunn but very unlikely

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#4 Post by raj101 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:16 am

totally different movie from the first, what a difference one word makes....this one was good! Its an actual suicide squad for starters...

The total randomness is its strength, but the director also went to great pains to dress up each scene exactly the way he wanted to.

4 stars
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?