No Time To Die

Discuss movies (including free films)
tonethestone
Phase IV
Phase IV

No Time To Die

#1 Post by tonethestone » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:59 pm

Disappointing sadly. Reviews have been far better than this deserves, I suspect it’s due to hype.

The most disappointing aspect was the villain, brought nothing new, just a standard run of the mill villain. Twist (main one) is zzz, Ana De Armas is great for the very short time she’s in it, and the Blofeld scene is pointless. Daniel Craig deserved a much better send off.

2.5/5
Upcoming films want to see;
Top Gun Maverick
MI 7 & 8
The Many Saints of Newark
Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Best films seen recently;
Tenet
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
In The Heights
A Quiet Place 2

tonethestone
Phase IV
Phase IV

No Time To Die

#2 Post by tonethestone » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:59 pm

Disappointing sadly. Reviews have been far better than this deserves, I suspect it’s due to hype.

The most disappointing aspect was the villain, brought nothing new, just a standard run of the mill villain. Twist (main one) is zzz, Ana De Armas is great for the very short time she’s in it, and the Blofeld scene is pointless. Daniel Craig deserved a much better send off.

2.5/5
Upcoming films want to see;
Top Gun Maverick
MI 7 & 8
The Many Saints of Newark
Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Best films seen recently;
Tenet
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
In The Heights
A Quiet Place 2

D-Fens
Prediction Master
Prediction Master
Old post count: 0

Re: No Time To Die

#3 Post by D-Fens » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:50 pm

Thought it was the most Bond like movie of Daniel Craig's turn spoiled by a last act that follows the convention of most modern movies and doesn't make sense.

Ana de Armas is great but that completely undermines Lashana Lynch's role which has received a lot of focus.

Can anybody that has seen the movie explain if I'm right in thinking that
Spoiler
Show
there are two viruses at the end. One that's supposed to kill heaps of people, the motivation for which isn't really explained and one that targets the wife and child. Bond is given the second one but he's only just come back from being away for years in his cool island house with secret drawer so it doesn't actually make that much difference to his life, it's a curse that fits the story. It would make more sense if he was given the first virus and couldn't actually go about his life without the possibility of somebody randomly dropping dead?

thrjfr
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Old post count: 0

Re: No Time To Die

#4 Post by thrjfr » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:44 am

I'm still confused about that last conversation between Bond and the baddie myself.

I thought the film started out really promising, but Madeleine was such an annoying character. It felt too long as well. Ana de Armas definitely shone in, what was pretty much, her cameo. 7/10