Alcohol and the Arts

Discuss movies (including free films)
superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

Alcohol and the Arts

#1 Post by superhero » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:12 am

Not really starting a philosophical discussion but got this from Russian Standard recently (16th July):

"However you plan to celebrate the start of the weekend tonight, be sure you are home by midnight. The recording of the first Russian Standard Originals live music gig at the HMV Forum will be airing on C4 at midnight - and it's not to be missed!

If you were lucky enough to be there, you'll know just how electric this truly unique event was. If you weren't, be sure not to miss the next ones over the summer and in November. b*y a bottle of Russian Standard Vodka and visit rsvoriginals.co.uk over the coming months to get your privilege card and unlock a free* world of music and film events."

So just a head's up that they will be doing some film screenings soon too like Grolsch and Jameson. More information at:
http://www.rsvoriginals.co.uk/film.php .The first screening is in association with Empire Magazine on September 3rd, looks like it will be old classic films rather than previews

Well Jameson's doing a screening of Knight and Day tonight at Somerset House with cocktails and canapes. I guess since the film's new, it's not part of the cult film club. I don't know where they have been offering tickets to people.

There certainly seems to be a mad rush for these alcohol companies to be connected with the Arts I wanted to see The Duchess of Malfi made by the great theatre company Punchdrunk recently but all tickets were sold out in 4 hrs and that was being sponsored by Courvoisier

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

Re: Alcohol and the Arts

#2 Post by superhero » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Just got an email from Russian Standard asking to vote for your favourite film, but the london screening date has moved to the 31st August:

Will it be The Shawshank Redemption or Raging Bull? Thelma and Louise or The Usual Suspects? Vote for your ultimate film, and you could win tickets to watch it at an exclusive VIP screening.

The Russian Standard Vodka Originals Film Festival, in collaboration with Empire Magazine, will be making its screen debut at a special London venue on 31st August, before moving on to several other luxurious venues around the UK in September and October.

This is cinema as it should be: sumptuous seats, classic films and of course the finest cocktails - courtesy of Russian Standard Vodka Originals.

For a chance to win, simply vote for the film that you'd love to see. If it wins (and if you're a Russian Standard Vodka Originals member) you'll automatically get two tickets to see your chosen film in style. Anyone can vote - but only Russian Standard Vodka Originals members can get tickets to the event. Simply b*y a bottle of Russian Standard Vodka and register your p*rchase online to become a member...

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#3 Post by Beate » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:33 pm

Looks like they are copying the Jameson Cult Film Club only that the Jameson one is free! Somehow can't see myself b*ying some Russian Vodka just to see an old film...
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks

#4 Post by superhero » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:48 pm

I think reading between the lines, you can still apply and might get tickets, but their members get priority. I would become a member if it was previews rather than old films.

Beate
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#5 Post by Beate » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:53 pm

For a chance to win, simply vote for the film that you'd love to see. If it wins (and if you're a Russian Standard Vodka Originals member) you'll automatically get two tickets to see your chosen film in style. Anyone can vote - but only Russian Standard Vodka Originals members can get tickets to the event. Simply b*y a bottle of Russian Standard Vodka and register your p*rchase online to become a member...

Not sure how you can read between the lines here.

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks

#6 Post by superhero » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:57 pm

I know, but it's still asking non-members to vote, so there's a chance they might still email you offering tickets.
I am not their member, but I got tickets to their Noisettes concert a few months ago

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks

#7 Post by superhero » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:17 pm

Apart from London, the Russian Standard film screenings will be going to:

DATE VENUE CITY VOTING CLOSES
SEPTEMBER 2010
6 - 10 Everyman Cinema London [Belsize Park] 31 August
6 - 10 Prince Charles Cinema London [Leicester Square] 31 August
13 - 17 Chapter Cinema Cardiff 6 September
20 - 24 Cottage Road Cinema Leeds 13 September
27 - 31 Grosvenor Cinema Glasgow 20 September

OCTOBER 2010
1 Grosvenor Cinema Glasgow 20 September
4 - 8 Electric Cinema Birmingham 27 September

So keep an eye out for more SFF codes

weirdfilms33
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Anything in central or South London

#8 Post by weirdfilms33 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:23 pm

A query.

The tickets have now gone on offer. Damn Godfather tickets went in a split second, but I did get tickets for the Shawshank Redemption at Prince Charles Cinema. Obviously some of you must know my age by now but since I'm under-age in terms of liquor p*rchase, will I be refused at the door because they're giving out vodka?
Go ahead, make my day - by visiting my blog: http://jacobthehobnob.wordpress.com/

Member number 33 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. I saw 32, which is rather delightful.. I beat Mr. Glass on free films but he narrowly inched me out on total films seen.

Member number 33 of the "100 free films in 2011" club. I saw 20, interestingly enough. My more realistic target was to see more free films than TheyCallMeMrGlass. I lost.

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks

#9 Post by superhero » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:25 pm

Umm probably,it's for members supposedly. You have to click your age to enter their site, ie you have to say you are over 18
And when you look at your printout each ticket for the film comes with tickets for 4 drinks!

Beate

#10 Post by Beate » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Shawshank is rated R whatever that means.