Bandslam

Discuss movies (including free films)
andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

Bandslam

#1 Post by andrews » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:57 pm

Will Burton (Gaelan Connell) is used to being bullied or completely ignored by his schoolmates, so when cool and popular former cheerleader Charlotte Banks (Aly Michalka) starts inviting him to spend time with her, the teenager is stunned — as is his single mom Karen (Lisa Kudrow). Impressed by his eclectic knowledge of music, Charlotte, a gifted singer-songwriter, asks Will to manage her rock/ska band. Her goal is to take revenge on her egocentric musician ex-boyfriend Ben Wheatley (Scott Porter) at a regional battle of the bands.

Unsure of what he's getting himself into, Will agrees to help Charlotte's band, including Bug (Charlie Saxton) and Omar (Tim Jo), eventually expanding it with a crew of like-minded outcasts. Against all odds, the group's sound starts to come together and their prospects for success look bright. Even more surprising, Will starts losing his "loser-status", up to the point there is a potential romance brewing with Sa5m (Vanessa Hudgens), a classmate with untapped musical talents.

Perpetually a misfit, Will strikes up a friendship with like-minded outsider Sa5m. They are both surprised when the school's "it" girl, Charlotte recruits Will to help assemble a band to compete in "Bandslam," a battle of the bands that is "Texas High School Football BIG." Charlotte's ex-boyfriend Ben Wheatly is poised to win with his band Glory Dogs - Springsteen wannabes down to their hats. For the first time in his life, Will finds he is uniquely suited to not only participate in something, but to truly make a difference.

Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/summit/bandslam/
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

Re: Bandslam

#2 Post by phunkygal » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:58 pm

if any scottish members are looking for bandlsam tix its gonna be the next stv club screening so probably glasgow/edinburgh - say now if you want tix and not around on monday

lucky_charm

#3 Post by lucky_charm » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:36 pm

Oooh me please. I'm working all day Monday so it would be much appreciated! (I'm weird and actually quite enjoy these cheezy disney films they are usually funny :p )

destresserai
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 581
Preferred Cinemas: Wimbledon, Kingston, Epsom, Wandsworth, Croydon Grants

#4 Post by destresserai » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:32 pm

Will we ever get some London codes???????

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Albert Einstein

moggers
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 404
Preferred Cinemas: Odeon Braehead, Odeon Quay, Cineworld Glasgow.

#5 Post by moggers » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:17 pm

I'd appreciate tickets as well as my wee girl loves these type of films!

Allsinging
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 1076
Preferred Cinemas: York and Castleford
I haven't got tickets for: anything

#6 Post by Allsinging » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:35 pm

We'd love tickets to this one too! my 6 year old love's all the singing and dancing ones :)
Good news everyone I've invented a device that makes you read this in your head in my voice!

Thank you FMUK for inspiring our community cinema http://www.Selbyglobe.co.uk

Member 4 of the 100 free films in 2011 club

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

#7 Post by phunkygal » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:10 pm

moggers wrote:I'd appreciate tickets as well as my wee girl loves these type of films!
have got moggers and lucky tix so no need for anyone else to get them with the stv code

Dave
Air Force One
Air Force One
Old post count: 13
Preferred Cinemas: Birmingham VUE, Cineworld, Showcase, Odeon & Solihull Cineworld

#8 Post by Dave » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:50 am

No Birmingham codes either it seems :(
Dave, 18, Birmingham

Films seen in 2009: 20
So far this year: 10 (The Lovely Bones, Everybodys Fine, Phillip Morris, Happy Ever Afters, Kick Ass, Dear John, Hot Tub Time Machine, Death at the Funeral, Step Up 3D, The Sorcerers Apprentice)
Due: The Last Exorcism, The Switch, Going the Distance, Made in Dagenham....

See my 2010 scores, click here.

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

#9 Post by superhero » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:26 pm

Still no london codes! Its not a film I am keen at all to see anyone, but hope it's not a trend to have no london codes....(with adventureland not having any london codes too)

Ms Thrifty

#10 Post by Ms Thrifty » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:27 am

There are still no Cineworlds, either, and it's getting so close to the opening date (which is a Wednesday, August 12, not a Friday as usual), that I've lost hope really.