Bandslam

Discuss movies (including free films)
opas
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 157
Preferred Cinemas: Central London (All West End), East London (WIQ, Stratford), North London (Islington), South East London (Greenwich, Surrey Quays), Cineworld Ilford and West London (Shepherds Bush, Whiteleys)

Re: Bandslam

#21 Post by opas » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:42 pm

cellar_door wrote:
opas wrote:
cellar_door wrote:What a surprisingly fun film - yay! There were a some darker moments I wasn't expecting from a children's film. A whole mix of ages were present in the cinema which sadly was quite empty.

I'd give it a 7 for entertainment value.

What you guys think?
Which cinema did you manage to see this in cellar_door? I was quite interested to see it but unfortunately I couldn't get tickets for a London screening. It's a shame that not many who had tickets made it out in the end.
Hi Opas

The showing I attended was Reading Showcase. It is in the middle of nowhere really so possibly explain why it was empty. Although when I checked to see if any more tickets were available for a friend it kept coming back no more tix available so I can only assume people booked and didn't turn up.

Maybe being a Sunday morning too perhaps?
Thanks for letting me know - Reading is that step too far for me! I was just wondering if a London screening had appeared as I didn't notice one.

Yes it is a shame when people don't show up. I guess Sunday mornings can be a bit hit and miss with people. Funnily enough I usually find that the Sunday screenings I attend at Picture Houses are generally well attended - especially compared to other screenings I've been to at Odeons or Cineworlds. Must be the type of films on offer - people are probably less bothered with the 'family' ones which is a shame.
Member No. 16 of the "100 free films in 2016" club
3 seen / 97 to go

41 films seen in 2015, 55 films seen in 2013, 72 free films seen in 2012
60 free films seen in 2011, 57 free films seen in 2010
51 free films seen in 2009, 47 free films seen in 2008

tracy3108

Re: Bandslam

#22 Post by tracy3108 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:10 pm

was really suprised by this film.. there was a massive age range in the cinema and everyone really seemed to enjoy it.
my hubby had a lot of reservations about it but he really enjoyed it as did our 5 year old daughter who was dancing in her seat! great performances and nice to see vanessa hudgins moving away from the sickly sweet gabriella :cheer: