Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D

Discuss movies (including free films)
superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

Re: Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D

#11 Post by superhero » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:54 am

I haven't seen the previous 3, but might give this one ago, just to see how well(or badly) they use the 3D technology

Demerara
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 65
Preferred Cinemas: Apollo West End;BFI;Cineworld Haymarket /Shaftesbury Avenue Curzon Mayfair/Soho; Empire Leicester Square;Odeon Covent Garden/Leicester Square/Marble Arch/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/West End/Whiteleys; Prince Charles Cinema; Vue Islington/West End.
I have tickets for: Made in Dagenham
I haven't got tickets for: The Town; Despicable Me

#12 Post by Demerara » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:58 am

Oh no, the first one was really really bad, so I don't see myself going to see this! Even my cousin who's a game fanatic and action movie buff said it was, to quote him, "a cr*p movie".

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#13 Post by raj101 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Demerara wrote:Oh no, the first one was really really bad, so I don't see myself going to see this! Even my cousin who's a game fanatic and action movie buff said it was, to quote him, "a cr*p movie".
lol and the 1st was the best one!

at least the films are consistently ...crap
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

hotlondon

#14 Post by hotlondon » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:22 pm

Why is everyone raking on this movie?!?
I loved it. Even though it does STEAL scenes from Matrix and Blade, it was still badass.
I can't believe it's getting such bad reviews. The acting is okay and the action is great. I suppose it's the same people that love to slate Arnie movies as really bad, even though the man obviously had global successful appeal.

baty
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: cardiff vue, odeon, cineworld, swansea odeon, vue, bridgend

#15 Post by baty » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:53 pm

I have to raise my hand up and say I do enjoy the Alice films.
Maybe I get so shell shocked by the end of a week I just want a shoot 'em up film without too much plot.
No. 39 of the "100 free films in 2017" club. 7 seen 93 to go personal goal, 25 for films this year

My films 216 23, 2015 29 2014 26, 2013 47, 2012 58, 2011 43, 2010 54 2009 32

andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

#16 Post by andrews » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:04 pm

'Resident Evil: Afterlife' has topped the UK box office.
The fourth film in the franchise earned £1.7 million - representing the best opening for the series yet. The 3D horror adventure, which stars Milla Jovovich, also topped the US box office charts.

The fourth 'Resident Evil' movie has topped the US box office.
'Resident Evil: Afterlife', which is based on the hugely popular videogame series, took nearly £19 million over the weekend. The 3D horror adventure, which stars Milla Jovovich and Ali Larter', enjoyed the best opening of the series so far.

Unsurprisingly, a fifth instalment is in the works. Good news for some FMUK members!
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

louisen24
Phase IV
Phase IV

#17 Post by louisen24 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:50 pm

superhero wrote:It might have been 10:1 on the first day, but by the close of this weekend it will be more like 5:1. Fans of franchises always flock out to see it on the first day and The American is pretty weak. Still it's a really good opening for the film, maybe it's a sign for Saw 3D, that the 3D effect might pump some more life into the franchise.
What I want to know is if they make another film after the Final Destination 3D, Saw 3D, Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D, what they want to call the next sequel???

Yeah it has had quite a good reception so far and is doing well.
Not sure about sequels Superhero, as Saw 3D is supposedly the final film and Final Destination may be called Final Destination 5 but hopefully this is the last film as well.
Suppose it all depends on the amount of money the films make and the 3D aspect will certainly make them more appealing.
There is definitely going to be another Resident Evil and it may be similar to its title now.

louisen24
Phase IV
Phase IV

#18 Post by louisen24 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:06 am

andrews wrote:
Unsurprisingly, a fifth instalment is in the works. Good news for some FMUK members!
Thanks andrews. Think it may only be me lol

louisen24
Phase IV
Phase IV

#19 Post by louisen24 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:58 pm

Have seen this film twice now and must say that the first time I went to see it I loved it. The second time you know whats going to happen and suggest areas of improvement but I still enjoyed seeing it again.

Thought the action was great, I do dislike the narration by Alice at the beginning of each film though as it can be quite annoying lol.

Also thought the zombies could have been more realistic, as they looked too human for me, but I suppose if you spend a fortune on effects and the 3D presentation, you may have to make cuts elsewhere.

Took my mother to see this as well, it was her second 3D performance, the first being Cats & Dogs and she thought it was really good too.

One of my fave parts was when Claire and Alice were fighting the Executioner, which some have said were too slow but I think this adds to the suspense. Also thought the water effects were used well in this scene.

I also thought that the 3D effects used were well presented. Thought that the underwater scenes were realistic and it looked as though the characters were swimming towards you. I also liked the rain in the beginning, the glasses being thrown and the weapon effects.

The scenes with Wesker did remind me of the Matrix (one of my fave films) but then the Matrix could be likened to Tron and Japanese Anime but this doesn't make me think any less of the film.

I liked it so much I gave it a 4/5 :D