Julie & Julia

Discuss movies (including free films)
moondance
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 188

Re: Julie and Julia

#61 Post by moondance » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:54 am

ejwrank wrote:Moondance -- we've never had an ID check at Islington Vue. My children were there on Sunday and they didn't even really bother with the Sunday Times voucher check, so hopefully they'll be no problem tonight for your daughter.

:thanks:
Preferred cinemas:
Central London and North London as far north as the Hampstead Everyman including Picturehouse Hackney/Notting Hill Gate - but not Wood Green and North Finchley as they are just a bit too far.

BettyBoop

#62 Post by BettyBoop » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Saw this last night at Boldon.....Its actually does what it says on the tin!

Feel Good Film.

Thought it was brilliant. Loved it! :P

valda
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Westfield, Shepherds Bush,Central London, Swiss Cottage most London ones really

#63 Post by valda » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:46 pm

i saw it at Wandsworth and loved it. The Julia childs part was so interesting. and as others were saying, I'd rather see the wholef film about her and her family. Julie Powell was a bit drippy, I usually like Amy Andrews but not so much in this. vx
preferred locations Shepherds Bush, Westfield, Notting Hill, Central London, Wimbledon, Islington, Wandsworth thanks

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Old post count: 4439

#64 Post by AYBG » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:02 pm

Andrews was in it? :p
Top 50 Poster!

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

#65 Post by superhero » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:22 pm

The film's only 2hrs and 3 mins, so it's like the standard time for most films. Its kind of worrying of most people still say its very long.....hmm....I will be watching it tonight

jakqui
Air Force One
Air Force One
Preferred Cinemas: London

#66 Post by jakqui » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:45 pm

From Seefilmfirst

Loved this, thought Meryl Streep was especially brilliant in this.

http://www.julieandjulia.com
Member No. 40 of the 100 Free Films Club 2015. Current total: 40/75
Member No. 40 of the 100 Free Films Club 2014. Current total: 29/75

Spanner

#67 Post by Spanner » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:16 pm

i was running a bit late for this last night, thanks to bus not turning up and tights not staying up (don't ask!)....(y'see i like to be there for 6 on the dot or I panic that all the seats will be gone)

anyway after reading it was long and gave you the munchies, i went totally mad and treat myself to some nacho's, yumm. the cinema wasn't too packed maybe 65%-75% and it was a bit cooler than it usually is so maybe that's coloured my view but i surprised myself and really enjoyed this. i thought it was nicely done, and it was great to see a film that was a little but different without being too way out there.

i didn't think meryl streep was a giant though, is she in real life? i did spot one bit when she was lunching with friends and she was sat on a chair that was far higher than the others round the table so maybe there was a bit of camera trickery going on.

have to agree i loved the meryl story better and she was easier to warm to than the other character and her hubby was great, ooooh to have a life of baking and bonking. whether it be down to the hot nacho cheese or the film cheese i dunno, but i came away with a lovely glow inside 8/10

anakin
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Central London, please

#68 Post by anakin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:33 pm

Spanner wrote: ooooh to have a life of baking and bonking.
Brilliant! :giggle:
"Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things." - Legally Blonde

Preferred cinemas: Most Central London, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage, Islington, Holloway and West India Quay, Greenwich (O2 / Odeon only) or Stratford City if there is nothing else!

Seen free in 2012: Jan: Margin Call; J. Edgar; Like Crazy; Carnage; Young Adult. Feb: The Muppets; The Best Extotic Marigold Hotel; Safe House; Project X; Beginners. March: 21 Jump Street; We b*ght a Zoo; Wild Bill; John Carter; Wanderlust; Street Dance 2;The Hunger Games; [The King's Speech]. Apr: The Hunger Games; Battleship; Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. May: What To Expect When You're Expecting; MIB3. June: [We Will Rock You] July: Ted; Seeking a Friend for the End of the World; The Dark Knight Rises; Brave. Aug: The Bourne Legacy. Sept: Lawless

kittycoocat
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: Cardiff

#69 Post by kittycoocat » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:38 pm

BettyBoop wrote:Saw this last night at Boldon.....Its actually does what it says on the tin!

Feel Good Film.

Thought it was brilliant. Loved it! :P
Saw Julie & Julia at Cineworld, Cardiff last night. Cinema about 80% full.
Totally agree with above comment.....it was a great film. Plenty of laugh out loud moments. We all loved it.
:D
I would p*y to go and see this again, I loved it so much.

Kits
x

tezlee1

#70 Post by tezlee1 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:15 pm

this film was actually quite good for a girly film, its a great story about her life. im glad i wnt to see it! :)