Julie & Julia

Discuss movies (including free films)
phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

Re: Julie and Julia

#41 Post by phunkygal » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:03 pm

if anyone is still looking for tix for this on the 6th theres lots more tix released on the 776935 code

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

#42 Post by phunkygal » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:22 am

aaah sorry for posting that comp in free films!!! didn't mean too

nattay111
Air Force One
Air Force One

#43 Post by nattay111 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:34 am

This film sounds really unusual but great in a quirky way!

cherryJ

#44 Post by cherryJ » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Thought this was a really different film, unique story. Good to have something other than a typical rom-com. Enjoyable to watch, heartwarming, maybe dragged slightly in places but overall a nice film to watch :)

spuckle

#45 Post by spuckle » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:09 pm

Saw this at 11am this morning at Odeon Glasgow Quay, thought it was pretty good, if a little long - especially given how hungry it made me!

Different and well acted, both me & the missus gave it 7/10
Last edited by spuckle on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

mdweaver
You Only Live Twice
You Only Live Twice
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Beckenham Odeon, Bromley Odeon, but any London cinema considered!

#46 Post by mdweaver » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:09 pm

Saw this at Odeon Surrey Quays this morning and really enjoyed it - the parallel stories made much more interesting viewing than a straight biopic, it didn't seem too long at all, and in fact the audience semed to laugh on considerably more occassions than at other supposed "comedies" I've been to recently.

All in all, the story was well told and I did't think the ending was an anti-climax at all. 8/10.
Member 47 of the "100 free films in 2011" Club - 15 seen
Member 47 of the "100 free films in 2010" club - 31 seen
Member 47 of the "100 free films in 2009" club - 38 seen.

CKLeigh

#47 Post by CKLeigh » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:41 am

Hey

I saw this film on Sunday at Uxbridge cinema and I have to agree many of the posts on here. I really enjoyed it and it was funnier than I expected. Even my bf enjoyed it so I would definitely recommend going to see the film. I did, however think something was missing at the end but over all it was good.

elmqueen

#48 Post by elmqueen » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:05 am

I saw this film yesterday and i have to be honest, i wasn't expecting much. However, i loved it! It was such a fantastic film with a great original heartwarming story. I must warn you though...watching the film leaves you hungry! I have since been looking online for the Julia Child cookbook...'Mastering the Art of French Cooking' and have been completely shocked to learn that first edition and first print of this book are being sold for over £2000!

Anyways, i recommend this film for everyone, i took my 11 year old goddaughter who also loved every minute.

aussie_babe1

#49 Post by aussie_babe1 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:09 am

[quote="elmqueen"]I must warn you though...watching the film leaves you hungry! [quote]

I completely agree with elmqueen here, all of those recipes and all that butter just left me starving! lol

A great film, recommended for all o/

hodsey77

#50 Post by hodsey77 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:33 pm

People are putting my mind at rest - I wasn't thinking this was going to be good, but the comments above are making me think it's definitely worth-while going to see :)

Will let you know in a bit :) Showing it in an hour :D