Frozen River

Discuss movies (including free films)
phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

Frozen River

#1 Post by phunkygal » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:38 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0978759/

Yay am so glad ive won Eros as its sight and sounds film of the month and was gonna have to go see it at some point

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

Re: Frozen River

#2 Post by Beate » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:40 pm

I never seem to win with Eros anymore, how do you still do it?
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

Demerara
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 65
Preferred Cinemas: Apollo West End;BFI;Cineworld Haymarket /Shaftesbury Avenue Curzon Mayfair/Soho; Empire Leicester Square;Odeon Covent Garden/Leicester Square/Marble Arch/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/West End/Whiteleys; Prince Charles Cinema; Vue Islington/West End.
I have tickets for: Made in Dagenham
I haven't got tickets for: The Town; Despicable Me

#3 Post by Demerara » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:56 pm

Beate wrote:I never seem to win with Eros anymore, how do you still do it?
Same here, won a couple of times, that's it ... please tell us how you do it phunky!!

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

#4 Post by phunkygal » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:59 pm

most people win more than me i havent won since surveillance in february!

pcRock
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Croydon

#5 Post by pcRock » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm

Well done! I remember playing the game of your avatar, but I can't remember the name (Kong?) Was it a spectrum game?

Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 8 seen
Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2014" club. 18 seen
Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 30 seen
Member No. 65 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 24 seen
Member No. 38 of the "100 free films in 2011" club. 43 seen
Member No. 38 of the "100 free films in 2010" club. 54 seen

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en

#6 Post by phunkygal » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:30 pm

its donkey kong, but is my avatar as i watched the film king of kong yesterday which is hilarious and anyone who even vaguely likes computer games has to watch it
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0923752/

Cortone
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 1037
Preferred Cinemas: All York and Leeds, Harrogate, Bradford.

#7 Post by Cortone » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:54 pm

I have never won anything on Eros. I am registered, but I guess they look at my address (which is against the competition rules) and decide I won't use the tickets.

Frozen River was discussed on Mark Lawson's show on R4 (about 7.30 p.m.) tonight. Thought it sounded very interesting.

BTW - glad others asked about your avatar! This is not criticism - there is nothing wrong with it (and I will check out King of Kong), but I really liked your old one too ...

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en

#8 Post by phunkygal » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:19 pm

I am going to change it every couple of weeks (or whenever i remember) to a different film! do you know what film the old one was?

priamia
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 455
Preferred Cinemas: All Central London: Check full list of cinemas in my interests
I have tickets for: Everybody's Fine/Lovely Bones, The Wolfman, Kick Ass,

#9 Post by priamia » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:54 am

:offtopic: Oooooo - was your old avatar from a film phunky?? I did not recognise it at all. It looked like one of those Athena posters (not putting it down ;)).
Preferred cinemas: All Central London: APOLLO Piccadilly, EMPIRE Leicester Sq; ODEONS: Leicester Sq/Covent Garden/West End/Whiteleys/Panton St; VUE: West End/Fulham/Islington, CINEWORLD: Haymarket/Shaftesbury Ave; Brixton Ritzy,
Then: Westfield, o2, Clapham

kimmy

#10 Post by kimmy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:50 pm

I have a spare ticket that 2 people can go tomorrow at the apollo i think it is regents street. i won this through the evening standard. If anyone would like them please pm me with your email address and I will forward it on to you.