G:MT Greenwich Mean Time

Discuss movies (including free films)
Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

G:MT Greenwich Mean Time

#1 Post by Beate » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:10 pm

The OH enjoyed the beer tasting at the Picturehouse Greenwich today very much! The beer was supplied by local Greenwich brewery called Meantime, very fitting.

The film was shown in screen 5 which is the basement screen and my least favourite of their screens as there isn't much incline and the leather chairs creak with every movement. Luckily there were only about 16 people in a screen that can hold 53, so we had a good view. The old geezer next to us had brought some beer from the tasting in a plastic glass and promptly fell asleep!

I thought the film was quite alright, it is 10 years old so I played the "where else have I seen the characters since" game. Chiwetel Ejifor, who I think is the best known, has been in the Tsunami film among other things, played Lola in Kinky Boots (which was on tele recently) and even was in Love Actually. And I was staring at Charlie the whole film through only to slap my head in the last minute and say "Of course! Hope Springs!" Is anyone in Hope Springs actually really Scottish?

Anyway, imdb says "Six London school-leavers attempt to make it in the world, balancing the challenge of trying to make a name for themselves in the music industry against the pressures and tragedies of everyday life." And tragedies there were many. Charlie had a motorcycle accident which got him into a wheelchair and Bean decended into drug dealing, with deadly consequences.

6.5/10
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen