E 22/07 Win tix to Inglourious Basterds & USA trip

Codes, links and competitions that have gone out of date

Moderators: andrews, a_person

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

E 22/07 Win tix to Inglourious Basterds & USA trip

#1 Post by phunkygal » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:30 pm

http://film.aol.co.uk/features/inglouri ... 1709990001

Travel to the USA and take a seat for a VIP screening of Inglourious Basterds! Afterwards be part of an exclusive question and answer session with the director himself, Quentin Tarantino.

This is truly a money-can’t-b*y experience, to which only a very lucky few will be invited. For movie fans this is the ultimate. Be part of a unique event with one of the world’s most famous directors.

To enter the competition, simply watch the trailer and then answer the question which follows...

Win a trip to the USA
Question:

In which city is the gala premiere being held?
1. Berlin
2. Munich
3. Paris

The prize promotion closing date is midnight on 22nd July 2009

Well seing as this premiered at Cannes none of these answers are right so guess away - paris is closest to cannes i guess but it says being held and I cant find reference on the aol site or google search - theres a video thats not working for me but i think thats just a trailer. if you can find an answer please post with a source

Cortone
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 1037
Preferred Cinemas: All York and Leeds, Harrogate, Bradford.

Re: E 22/07 Win tix to Inglourious Basterds & USA trip

#2 Post by Cortone » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:04 pm

phunkygal wrote:http://film.aol.co.uk/features/inglouri ... 1709990001

To enter the competition, simply watch the trailer and then answer the question which follows...

Win a trip to the USA
Question:

In which city is the gala premiere being held?
1. Berlin
2. Munich
3. Paris

The prize promotion closing date is midnight on 22nd July 2009

Well seing as this premiered at Cannes none of these answers are right so guess away - paris is closest to cannes i guess but it says being held and I cant find reference on the aol site or google search - theres a video thats not working for me but i think thats just a trailer. if you can find an answer please post with a source
Cr*p question - you are 100% right about this, and I think they have made a mistake.

But do you think they mean the gala premiere which is happening In the film? (Kino = dinema)

The script's divided into five chapters:

Chapter One: Once Upon a Time … Nazi Occupied France
Chapter Two: Inglorious Basterds

Chapter Three: German Night in Paris

Chapter Four: Operation Kino

Chapter Five: Revenge of the Giant Face

The first chapter, set in 1941, introduces Shosanna and the film's antagonist, a Nazi officer named Landa who's known as the "Jew Hunter." The second chapter introduces the Bastards and their tactics: They kill Nazis on sight, take their scalps, and — when they let one go — carve a swastika into his forehead. The third chapter, set in 1944, reintroduces Shosanna in Paris ("This whole Chapter will be filmed in French New Wave Black and White"). The fourth sets up the Bastards' attack on the theater. And it all comes together in Chapter Five, which plays fast and loose with history, to say the least

bevvy
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 202

Re: E 22/07 Win tix to Inglourious Basterds & USA trip

#3 Post by bevvy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:37 pm

The answer is in the trailer and it is Paris, so you were right anyway, Phunkygal. o/