Paper Heart

Discuss movies (including free films)
a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 90
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

Paper Heart

#1 Post by a_person » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:42 pm

Real-life sweethearts Michael Cera and Charlyne Yi head up this indie semi-documentary comedy, scripted by Yi, concerning the meaning of love. Fellow Judd Apatow veteran Nicholas Jasenovec makes his directorial debut with the production.

Trailer:
Member No. 2 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 3 seen, 97 to go!
Realistic target: 5

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
2) Picturehouse Greenwich
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)
4) Odeon Greenwich or Odeon Surrey Quays

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

Re: Paper Heart

#2 Post by phunkygal » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:14 pm

Just recieved this from sff -

Congratulations, you have downloaded tickets to the early preview of Paper Heart, at the Prince Charles cinema on Wednesday.
This is a research screening, which means that we would like your opinion on the film. There will be surveys handed out at the cinema and we would be really grateful if you could spare the time to fill these in.
We will also ask for a small group to stay for a short focus group and there will be a camera crew at the exits who may ask for you what you thought of the film.
We do hope you enjoy the film and look forward to seeing you on Wednesday.

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

#3 Post by phunkygal » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:16 pm

and just noticed another typical sff error in the title of the email theyve put that its on tuesday but managed to put wednesday in the text! doh!

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#4 Post by Beate » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:23 pm

It is on Wednesday 24th though, isn't it?
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 90
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

#5 Post by a_person » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:35 pm

Yes it is on Wednesday. Thats what the site said when booking with the code.

SFF keep making an errors these days. :(
Member No. 2 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 3 seen, 97 to go!
Realistic target: 5

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
2) Picturehouse Greenwich
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)
4) Odeon Greenwich or Odeon Surrey Quays

Demerara
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 65
Preferred Cinemas: Apollo West End;BFI;Cineworld Haymarket /Shaftesbury Avenue Curzon Mayfair/Soho; Empire Leicester Square;Odeon Covent Garden/Leicester Square/Marble Arch/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/West End/Whiteleys; Prince Charles Cinema; Vue Islington/West End.
I have tickets for: Made in Dagenham
I haven't got tickets for: The Town; Despicable Me

#6 Post by Demerara » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:51 pm

Got the same email from SFF about the focus group and didn't read properly, it's only now that I am reading phunky's post that I see cameras at the exit???? 8O

priamia
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 455
Preferred Cinemas: All Central London: Check full list of cinemas in my interests
I have tickets for: Everybody's Fine/Lovely Bones, The Wolfman, Kick Ass,

#7 Post by priamia » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:06 pm

I too got he same email. o/

Has anyone actually stayed for a focus group before?? As I'm interested to know what it involves... :shifty: I am happy to give my opinion and complete surveys, but I prefer not to be on camera :p
Preferred cinemas: All Central London: APOLLO Piccadilly, EMPIRE Leicester Sq; ODEONS: Leicester Sq/Covent Garden/West End/Whiteleys/Panton St; VUE: West End/Fulham/Islington, CINEWORLD: Haymarket/Shaftesbury Ave; Brixton Ritzy,
Then: Westfield, o2, Clapham

Demerara
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 65
Preferred Cinemas: Apollo West End;BFI;Cineworld Haymarket /Shaftesbury Avenue Curzon Mayfair/Soho; Empire Leicester Square;Odeon Covent Garden/Leicester Square/Marble Arch/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/West End/Whiteleys; Prince Charles Cinema; Vue Islington/West End.
I have tickets for: Made in Dagenham
I haven't got tickets for: The Town; Despicable Me

#8 Post by Demerara » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:09 pm

I remember I attended a screening where they mentioned they'd be having a focus group at the end but all I got was a questionnaire! :confused:

platini_ng
The Third Man
The Third Man
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay + Central London

#9 Post by platini_ng » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:45 pm

My ticket stated it would start at 6pm. Is it really the case? cos I have been to screening in Prince Charles Cinema twice and both were 30 mins late.

It is really difficult to get there by 6 if you are working in normal business hrs. :cry:

Beate
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#10 Post by Beate » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:46 pm

I am not impressed by 6pm either. Will have to send the OH to be there in time and reserve seats and I blag my way in.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen