Adventureland

Discuss movies (including free films)
a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 90
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

Adventureland

#1 Post by a_person » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Inspired by writer/director Greg Mottola's own true-life job-from-hell experience, Adventureland stars The Education of Charlie Banks' Jesse Eisenberg as an uptight recent college graduate who discovers that he'll have to get a degrading minimum-wage job at a local amusement park instead of spending his summer drinking German beer, visiting world-class museums, and flirting with cute French girls. It's the summer of 1987, and James Brennan (Eisenberg) has just graduated college. James is all set to embark on his dream tour of Europe when his parents (Wendie Malick and Jack Gilpin) suddenly announce that they won't be able to subsidize the trip. Now the only things James has to look forward to this summer are sugar-fueled children, belligerent dads, and an endless parade of giant stuffed animals. When James strikes up a relationship with captivating co-worker Em (Kristen Stewart), however, he finally starts to loosen up. Suddenly, the worst summer ever doesn't seem quite so bad.

Trailer:
Member No. 2 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 3 seen, 97 to go!
Realistic target: 5

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
2) Picturehouse Greenwich
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)
4) Odeon Greenwich or Odeon Surrey Quays

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

Re: Adventureland

#2 Post by phunkygal » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Has adventurelands release been delayed again??
TF newsletter page now says there friday newsletter are having a code for pelham 123 which we already know and the proposal and all mention of adventureland has dissapeared?

http://www.totalfilm.com/screening-club

phunkygal
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 3002
Preferred Cinemas: Central London - Cineworld Haymarket/Shaftsbury Avenue Odeon Leicester Square/Covent Garden/Panton Street/Tottenham Court Road/Marble Arch, Vue West End/Islington Empire Leicester Square, Prince Charles Cinema, Apollo Piccadilly Circus, BFI

#3 Post by phunkygal » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:31 pm

and its back so hopefully code this friday :cross: London

http://www.totalfilm.com/screening-club

The TotalFilm.com Screening Club gives you the opportunity to watch the latest movies for free!

Every month, we give away tickets to see upcoming movies before they're released.

To be in with a chance of getting some tickets, simply sign up to our Friday Newsletter. Every week we'll include a code that can be redeemed for the event.

The promotion does run on a first come, first served basis, so keep an eye on your inbox around Friday lunchtime and claim your ticket immediately.

This Month: Adventureland

anjirose

#4 Post by anjirose » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:24 pm

did this not come out months and months ago? im very confused here lol!

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#5 Post by Beate » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:06 pm

Well whatever, a pair of tickets for me please when they come out!
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

#6 Post by a_person » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:21 pm

Lol, I've watched this about three weeks ago..... arghhhhh am I allowed to give a review for this already? :| It's not something I would watch in the cinema (pa*d or unpaid). Thought it was abit childish for my liking and very predictable. A 6/10 for me for this.

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2

#7 Post by a_person » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:24 pm

Now I remember why I liked it less! It has that girl from Twilight, Kristen Stewart, acting and she does this annoying face twitching thing. And she's a right little so and so in the movie! :S Not a very likeable character for me!

Preferred cinema list:

EthanRunt
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 0

#8 Post by EthanRunt » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:41 pm

Having waited a long time finally some kind Americans put a DVD quality version online, so watched it.

Disappointing, not very funny, not that interesting, the romance is as generic as possible, characters are stereotypes, dialogue doesn't really dazzle like some indies like this would, just a average film.

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2

#9 Post by a_person » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:03 pm

You are quite spot on EthanRunt... now looking back at it, I think I was too generous with my rating!!!!

Preferred cinema list:

crispoke

#10 Post by crispoke » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:31 pm

i thought it wasnt too bad. okay it was a bit indie lite/dazed and confused romcom, but the soundtrack was pretty damn good! Rock me Amadeus indeed!

a watchable 7/10