Alcohol and the Arts

Discuss movies (including free films)
superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

Re: Alcohol and the Arts

#31 Post by superhero » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:36 am

http://www.stellaartois.com/black/index.php#/tickets
I can't even see it on their facebook page and it's sold out already! *sigh*

Please get me some tickets if anyone spots any returns...

tomorrow72
Phase IV
Phase IV

#32 Post by tomorrow72 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:00 am

Disaronno Film Series

Lauren Laverne lights up London’s skyline with some Italian inspired style at the Disaronno Film Series

Disaronno, the world’s favourite Italian liqueur, has teamed up with the UK’s coolest cultural commentator, Lauren Laverne, to curate a programme of iconic Italian inspired films to be shown at the Rooftop Film Club at London’s Queen of Hoxton between 11th and 14th August.

The special weekend is part of Disaronno’s three month long partnership with the Rooftop Film Club. The rooftop will be transformed into a stylish terrace for the opening night of the Film Series on Thursday 11th August. Disaronno cocktails and canapés will be served and modern classic, Romeo and Juliet, will be introduced by Lauren herself.

Other films on the bill include romantic comedy Roman Holiday starring Audrey Hepburn on Friday, award winning masterpiece Life is Beautiful on Saturday and finishing with landmark Italian drama Bicycle Thieves on Sunday.

Lauren is looking forward to sharing her favourite Italian inspired films over the summer:
“For me, a great film is one that takes you into another world, which is what I love about the programme of Italian-inspired cinema I'm working on with Disaronno. It's been great fun fine tuning a long list of films but I feel confident that the final programme will allow people to escape for a unique evening under the stars."

For your chance to join Lauren at the exclusive opening night, head to the Disaronno Facebook page and click through to Contemporary Terrace where you can also book tickets for the rest of the Disaronno Film Series. Tickets cost £9 and include a Disaronno cocktail master class and a delicious drink to sip as the sun goes down and the stars come out.

More events will be revealed as part of The Disaronno Film Series later in the year.
Thursday 11th August
Romeo & Juliet (1996) – Cert 15
Directed by Baz Luhrmann. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Clare Danes

Friday 12th August
Roman Holiday (1953) – Cert U
Directed by William Wyler. Starring Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn

Saturday 13th August
Life is Beautiful (1997) - Cert PG
Directed by Roberto Benigni. Starring Roberto Benigni, Nicoletta Braschi, Giorgio Cantarini

Sunday 14th August
Bicycle Thieves (1948) – Cert U
Directed by Vittorio De Sica. Starring Lamberto Maggiorani, Enzo Staiola, Lianella Carell

http://rooftopfilmclub.com/

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

#33 Post by superhero » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:34 pm

The Glenlivet is giving away ten tickets to ‘The Glenlivet Legacy Trail’ Geocaching event which will take place in Scotland’s capital during the Edinburgh Festival, on Thursday 18th August 2011.

Take part in a real world, outdoor, GPS treasure hunting game around Edinburgh. The tickets will be given away on a first come first served basis with up to three tickets available per Guardian.

To apply for your ticket/s, please register your interest on
The Glenlivet Guardians website...

http://www.theglenlivet.com/guardians/?page_id=260

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks

#34 Post by superhero » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:32 am

Preview of THE SKIN I LIVE IN with Estrella Damm and Picturehouse
Thursday 25 August

Director: Pedro Almodóvar. Starring: Antonio Banderas, Elena Anaya, Marísa Paredes, Jan Cornet. Spain 2011. 120 mins. Spanish with English subtitles.

There are people who have no qualms about using their immense power; there are others whose only power is their extraordinary capacity to survive. Pedro Almodóvar’s latest offering tells the story of two such people, the powerful who abuse and the survivors who resist.

"A ravishing must-see movie - with a must-keep secret twist”-
David Gritten, The Daily Telegraph

b*y a bottle of Estrella at our bar and you can enter a competition to win free tickets.

There's also a comp on Estrella's facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/EstrellaDamm

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks

#35 Post by superhero » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:13 pm

I am not sure if it's been posted elsewhere already, but the new Jameson Cult Film club film is The Usual Suspects on Oct 5th and 6th:

http://jamesoncultfilmclub.com/boxoffice/

tomorrow72
Phase IV
Phase IV

#36 Post by tomorrow72 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:22 am

When it comes to getting your evening off to a dramatic start,
Gordon's and tonic is firmly in the spotlight.

To celebrate the spirit of theatre-going, we're offering you 2for1 tickets
and other great discounts on sparkling West End productions and shows
nationwide with Ambassador Theatre Group.

Because every great evening starts with Gordon's.

Promo code: GORD1ATG

http://gordons.atgtickets.com/index.php ... f=GORD1ATG

Aylesbury
Brighton
Bromley
Glasgow
London West End
Manchester
Milton Keynes
Oxford
Richmond (Surrey)
Stoke-on-Trent
Wimbledon
Woking

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks

#37 Post by superhero » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:00 pm

London Cocktail week - http://www.diffordsguide.com/london-cocktail-week

There is something with Jameson again this year with a film screening and like last year I don't think they posted it on their normal homepage and this year it does say trade only and by invite -

http://www.diffordsguide.com/london-coc ... on_date=10

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks

#38 Post by superhero » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:35 pm

I don't know if it was the fiasco of last year's queues but Jameson Cult Film Club has changed PR companies this year. Now they are using someone else.

June
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Crawley, Epsom, Greenwich O2, Central London or Brighton

#39 Post by June » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:37 am

superhero wrote:I don't know if it was the fiasco of last year's queues but Jameson Cult Film Club has changed PR companies this year. Now they are using someone else.
Yes, probably and so far the new PR Co appear well organised, however the proof of the pudding will be Wed, Thurs & Friday's events. at least the weather is good this time round as the ice cold weather made queuing for Monster absolutely torturous, especially if like I was, you were turned away at the end of your 2hr wait!

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks

#40 Post by superhero » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Yes definitely looks like they are ramping things up with the launch of Jameson apartments. Their new PR guy told me they will put more stuff on their blog and facebook next week, so keep an eye out. Looks like it might be a busy October:

"To celebrate the 55th annual BFI London Film Festival Jameson will be giving film fans the chance to travel back in time to the 1920’s by launching the vintage Jameson Apartment. This cinematic speakeasy will offer you and your mates a great insight into cinema in the 1920’s and you’ll also get to enjoy some our Jameson cult cocktails while you’re there.

The apartment will be open for two weeks and over that time we’ll be featuring themed nights around films and cocktails. A different concept will be on offer every night, from bespoke cocktail master classes with Jameson mixologists to film inspired quizzes and premieres of short films plus regular speakeasy parties supported by renowned DJs and special one-off events with Jameson Cult Film Club members.

We’ll also be supporting the “Film on the Square” initiative that the BFI Film Festival is running. This includes screenings of the most anticipated new films from all over the world. To find out more visit the BFI website.

Don’t miss you chance to be part of this great throw back to the 1920’s. The apartment is open from the 12th of October to the 27th of October from 5 until late – and remember you’ll need the password… Sine Metu. If you know that means tell us in the comments section. Enjoy."