Chat about anything
destresserai
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 581
Preferred Cinemas: Wimbledon, Kingston, Epsom, Wandsworth, Croydon Grants

Christmas

#1 Post by destresserai » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:27 am

Okay as it was suggested in the diary thread I thought I would start the ball rolling with a dedicated thread.

I love Christmas and just to make you all jealous I only have to get another six pressies - I won't even tell you how many I have to b*y for but I do have to start with 17 nieces and nephews!

I have a confirmed 14 for dinner this year and I have already got all of the table presents sorted but am not sad enough to have them wrapped as yet.

Talking about Christmas has already got me excited but I do object to Tesco and Sainsburys already having mince buys out!

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Albert Einstein

Sydney_Bristow
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 2337
Preferred Cinemas: Central London pretty please with sugar on top
I have tickets for: jaws 21
I haven't got tickets for: bon jovi - will do your laundry for em!
I don't want tickets for: documentaries coz I get bored easi....zzzzz

Re: Christmas

#2 Post by Sydney_Bristow » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:30 am

Wow! Well done, des!! Can't believe you're so prepared already! o/ I'm still recovering from easter? :p :giggle:

Member Number 69 of the 100 movies in 2019 Club. Lets see how we get on with this..... fingers crossed.

Ms Thrifty

#3 Post by Ms Thrifty » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:32 am

Good idea to start a special thread, Destresserai. But when it comes to b*ying presents, I think having only two people to b*y for beats your six. I have no nieces, nephews, godchildren (resisted those!) etc and both I and OH have few surviving older relatives.

sarahjc78

#4 Post by sarahjc78 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:34 am

Oh my goodness im so jealous of you.. This is the first year really being with my fella so im going to have a nightmare not only what to b*y for him but his brothers, nieces and folks... as if it was up to him he would just turn up to his folks on xmas day empty handed... Let the dramas begin! :O)

anakin
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Central London, please

#5 Post by anakin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:35 am

Oh my god, that's good organsiation! To be fair if you have that many to b*y it makes sense. Gosh it must get so expensive!!!

I have yet to even consider considering Christmas! A few birthdays to go first. But i really must check the last posting dates. Do they count if these strikes continue?!?!

I love the idea of table presents. I take it they're just little trinkets?
"Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things." - Legally Blonde

Preferred cinemas: Most Central London, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage, Islington, Holloway and West India Quay, Greenwich (O2 / Odeon only) or Stratford City if there is nothing else!

Seen free in 2012: Jan: Margin Call; J. Edgar; Like Crazy; Carnage; Young Adult. Feb: The Muppets; The Best Extotic Marigold Hotel; Safe House; Project X; Beginners. March: 21 Jump Street; We b*ght a Zoo; Wild Bill; John Carter; Wanderlust; Street Dance 2;The Hunger Games; [The King's Speech]. Apr: The Hunger Games; Battleship; Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. May: What To Expect When You're Expecting; MIB3. June: [We Will Rock You] July: Ted; Seeking a Friend for the End of the World; The Dark Knight Rises; Brave. Aug: The Bourne Legacy. Sept: Lawless

Sydney_Bristow
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 2337
Preferred Cinemas: Central London pretty please with sugar on top
I have tickets for: jaws 21
I haven't got tickets for: bon jovi - will do your laundry for em!
I don't want tickets for: documentaries coz I get bored easi....zzzzz

#6 Post by Sydney_Bristow » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:36 am

anakin wrote:I have yet to even consider considering Christmas!

Haha, exactly!!! Me too!!

Member Number 69 of the 100 movies in 2019 Club. Lets see how we get on with this..... fingers crossed.

anakin
Se7en
Se7en

#7 Post by anakin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:36 am

sarahjc78 wrote:Let the dramas begin! :O)
So true... :D
"Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things." - Legally Blonde

Preferred cinemas: Most Central London, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage, Islington, Holloway and West India Quay, Greenwich (O2 / Odeon only) or Stratford City if there is nothing else!

Seen free in 2012: Jan: Margin Call; J. Edgar; Like Crazy; Carnage; Young Adult. Feb: The Muppets; The Best Extotic Marigold Hotel; Safe House; Project X; Beginners. March: 21 Jump Street; We b*ght a Zoo; Wild Bill; John Carter; Wanderlust; Street Dance 2;The Hunger Games; [The King's Speech]. Apr: The Hunger Games; Battleship; Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. May: What To Expect When You're Expecting; MIB3. June: [We Will Rock You] July: Ted; Seeking a Friend for the End of the World; The Dark Knight Rises; Brave. Aug: The Bourne Legacy. Sept: Lawless

destresserai
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 581
Preferred Cinemas: Wimbledon, Kingston, Epsom, Wandsworth, Croydon Grants

#8 Post by destresserai » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:38 am

I have to start early otherwise I would probably forget someone!

I usually start in January - yes I know that sounds sad but I usually start by picking up simple bargains i.e. if I am b*ying a birthday present for someone and I can get a BOGOF offer I will put the freebie in a box. There is always someone who can be given it for Christmas etc.

Toileteries can be b*ght all year round so this year I have stocked up with items in Asda for my daughter's friends. They do a great range which are £2 each item - so they have all ended up with bubble bath, body scrub and body cream - my favourite is the Blueberry Cream Pie but they also do a chocolate one.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Albert Einstein

Ms Thrifty

#9 Post by Ms Thrifty » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:39 am

This is one advantage of being unconventional or not following tradition...

anakin
Se7en
Se7en

#10 Post by anakin » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:40 am

destresserai wrote: if I am b*ying a birthday present for someone and I can get a BOGOF offer I will put the freebie in a box. There is always someone who can be given it for Christmas etc.
You know I've been thinking about doign this... works for birthday presents through the year as well... must really start this. 2010 is going to be the year...