Chat about anything
lovesitx
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Sheffield

Re: Eating In The Cinema

#21 Post by lovesitx » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:24 pm

I can't watch a film without having something to nibble on, if i watch a film thats in the cinema thats actually in the centre of Sheffield i tend to to go to Wilkinsons (yes i'm a cheapskate) and b*y a bag of Butterkist for 98p! But if i have to go to the one thats out of town and not in Meadowhall i tend to treat myself as there are no shops near by.
My favoutiye snack to eat while watching a film has to be Nachos but the price is just not worth it.

AnneJ

#22 Post by AnneJ » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:43 pm

BettyBoop wrote:wow that sounds very healthy x
It usually is until the popcorn comes out :D I can never have the salt/sweet it has to be the toffee, although I b*ght a bag the other day in Odeon Haymarket and it was extortionate, so next time I think I'll wait until the film has finished and have dinner instead, although when its at 6.30pm I'm starving by the time the film has finished!!!!

Ms Thrifty

#23 Post by Ms Thrifty » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:57 pm

6.30 pm previews mean I definitely need to have a roll or something to replace dinner. Being an early riser, I can't eat when I get home as it's too late - but I am grateful for the 6.30 pm starts, as if there was time for dinner first, I wouldn't be able to stay awake for the film!

baty
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: cardiff vue, odeon, cineworld, swansea odeon, vue, bridgend

#24 Post by baty » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:20 pm

I don't mind people eating food but please, the crips and nachos really make me cringe. I sat by a woman and 2 children at an 23:00 showing of one of the Lord of the rings films - they constantly stuffed themselves with every sound producing item they could find.

What was the pits, was the state of the place when they got up to leave - they just dumped all the wrappers on the floor.

I love haribos to work through. Generally try to match a coupon/voucher with a film.
No. 39 of the "100 free films in 2017" club. 7 seen 93 to go personal goal, 25 for films this year

My films 216 23, 2015 29 2014 26, 2013 47, 2012 58, 2011 43, 2010 54 2009 32

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#25 Post by Beate » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:01 pm

We always bring bottles of drink, and most of the time I b*y a (non-smelly) sandwich on route and eat it in the cinema but before the film starts. Last time round I was too busy talking and only remembered the sandwich when the film had started so made a bit of noise taking it out of the wrapper (sorry, MariaLionza!) but the good thing is you can then eat them silently, unlike all that popcorn and nacho stuff! Seriously, I can only eat sweet popcorn (hate the salty stuff) but if I eat a full tub on an empty stomach I come out of the cinema feeling queasy, how do you guys do it!
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

butterfly
Phase IV
Phase IV

#26 Post by butterfly » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:46 pm

i don't have a must have food or drink it depends who i am with, if am with the children then its ice cream and slush for them followed by some crisp (which i always open before the film starts) with friends it varies but i can easy go without untill the movie is over. if i take/ b*y stuff i have to eat it before the movie is over choco rasins are one of the first things i would go for.

bubblez
The Third Man
The Third Man
Old post count: 246
Preferred Cinemas: Odeon Wimbledon, Vue White City/Shepherds Bush,Cineworld Wandsworth, Odeon Kingston, Central London

#27 Post by bubblez » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:00 pm

I always carry sour sweets in my bag so I'll always have them and generally I bring a bottle of drink, maybe crisps or popcorn before going to cinemas :cool: I do kinda sometimes give in to b*ying Nachos with Cheese+Salsa which costs like £4-5?! 8O

I remember few years ago my friend and I b*ght a Subway Meal with us each....yes that meant drink, crisps + a SUB :p okay that was inconsiderate but we were hungryyyy!

We have also b*ght McD's McFlurry Icecream in with us too :red:

Both times were HP films...teehee :p

I guess I am one of those annoying people in the cinema.......

sarahjc78

#28 Post by sarahjc78 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:11 pm

The Boyf and I use going to the cinema as an excuse to heave the most un healthiest food ever.

Couples Combo consisting of 2 large drinks and salted popcorn and also Nachos with cheesey sauce and Jalepenos..... However this all tastes rotten at Boldon Cinema.

Can anyone answer the question as to why they have stopped pouring the hot butter on popcorn.. I used to love that when I was younger!

---
Oh and i once tripped over some nachos someone left on the floor after watching Pirates 3 and the salsa ended up over my new trainers.. was most upset and nearly made a run for the couple who had left it.

---

andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

#29 Post by andrews » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:04 pm

I was overwhelmed by the burger type smell coming from someone sitting in front of me. Mercifully, it was quickly consumed. Mind you there was a lot of sweetie wrapper rustling coming from behind me.
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Star

#30 Post by Star » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:07 pm

I generally just take a bottle of pop. However if Iam taking the kids I do take them little drinks and a small bag of sweets/popcorn (which they have normally finished before the films starts lol). I always b*y from outside of the cinema as the cinema prices are just way too high, and ever since my friend found hairs in her popcorn it has put my right of b*ying it from the cinema (even if it was cheaper lol).