text notification?

Ask questions, give feedback, discuss the site in general, etc
sarahjc78

text notification?

#1 Post by sarahjc78 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:24 am

Is there anyway to link this up to a text notification on your phone.... (just been laid off at my job so have to change my settings back to hotmail and it is not the greatest for letting you know you have a message). Or am I just being lazy?
Last edited by sarahjc78 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

anakin
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Central London, please

Re: text notification?

#2 Post by anakin » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:26 am

Sarah, so sorry to hear about your job :(
(no idea re texts though, don't think so?)
"Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things." - Legally Blonde

Preferred cinemas: Most Central London, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage, Islington, Holloway and West India Quay, Greenwich (O2 / Odeon only) or Stratford City if there is nothing else!

Seen free in 2012: Jan: Margin Call; J. Edgar; Like Crazy; Carnage; Young Adult. Feb: The Muppets; The Best Extotic Marigold Hotel; Safe House; Project X; Beginners. March: 21 Jump Street; We b*ght a Zoo; Wild Bill; John Carter; Wanderlust; Street Dance 2;The Hunger Games; [The King's Speech]. Apr: The Hunger Games; Battleship; Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. May: What To Expect When You're Expecting; MIB3. June: [We Will Rock You] July: Ted; Seeking a Friend for the End of the World; The Dark Knight Rises; Brave. Aug: The Bourne Legacy. Sept: Lawless

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Old post count: 4439

#3 Post by AYBG » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:25 pm

There's no way to get text alerts, sorry.
I recommend opening a gmail account, if only for one site, so you can use the Gmail Notifier desktop app. It checks for new mail every 2 minutes, enabling you to have the best chance to get SFF tickets from a fresh code.
Top 50 Poster!

tufty
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 85
Preferred Cinemas: LONDON: ISLINGTON, N FINCHLEY, WEST END, COVENT GARDEN, PANTON ST, PICCADILLY,GREENWICH O2

#4 Post by tufty » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Sorry to hear your news Sarah, hope you are okay!

I find hotmail works okay (mostly).
Member No. 42 of the "100 free films in 2011" 16 seen 84 to go.

Member No. 42 of the "100 free films in 2010" club. 51 seen.

bevvy
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 202

#5 Post by bevvy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:22 pm

sarahjc78 wrote:Is there anyway to link this up to a text notification on your phone.... (just been laid off at my job so have to change my settings back to hotmail and it is not the greatest for letting you know you have a message). Or am I just being lazy?
I use hotmail for my alerts and have had no problems with it - they seem to get throught straightaway.

sarahjc78

#6 Post by sarahjc78 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi, thanks for the wishes.. will just have to keep clicking the refresh button when at home on the PC and hope when i get my new job they wont mind me coming on FMUK.. tee hee. x

BettyBoop

#7 Post by BettyBoop » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Sorry to hear about your job....have you got anything else lined up yet? What sort of work are you looking for??