Pitch Perfect

Discuss movies (including free films)
superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

Re: Pitch Perfect

#11 Post by superhero » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Bribery gets them everywhere.

andrew.falconer
The Third Man
The Third Man

#12 Post by andrew.falconer » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:33 am

Originally I had band practice last night and the wife was going to see this on her own. Due to a late cancellation of practice I begrudgingly went a long to this film with a view of "oh dear, this is going to be terrible". I was certainly pleasantly surprised when we got to the foyer and got free burritos and free beer (and good selection of burritos too; chicken, pork and vegie). My wife had one of the margaritas and exchanged it for a beer straight away saying that they were pretty horrible.

Thankfully after the awful organisational skills of the previous night's screening of Sinister this wasn't the case tonight and we could make our way up to the screen at any point so I think we were about the 10th people to go into the screen around 6.30pm and got great seats in the middle whilst everyone else was still milling around downstairs.

Now I must say that I was really really surprised by the film and certainly was not what I had gone in expecting. It was very funny and enjoyable. Some great lines, some good music, was upbeat and kept moving at a good speed. I could certainly see this being a surprise hit such as 'bridemaids'. Good to see people applauding at some of the funny bits as well as the music bits.

So...went away feeling pretty upbeat from this movie and would certainly recommend people to go and see it and have a laugh. I can't stand Glee and all that stuff but thought this was a great little bit of comedy with some very enjoyable characters :)

p.s. as someone who used to work in music retail is was fun spotting all the music related product placements :-p although I don't think my wife was too impressed with me going "ohhh traktor Le...ohhh mackie srm350s..." :p

Avisute

#13 Post by Avisute » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:44 pm

andrew.falconer wrote: My wife had one of the margaritas and exchanged it for a beer straight away saying that they were pretty horrible.
I think you'll find it was the Cosmo's..... :P

Snowwhite
The Third Man
The Third Man

#14 Post by Snowwhite » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:50 pm

was very surprised with the free alcohol and the burritos, very nice and enjoyed it
i didnt expect the film to be as good as it was, very funny and enjoyable, good music and i thought it was a good storyline

8/10

Jayman
Se7en
Se7en

#15 Post by Jayman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Did anybody else find it weird how the movie ended?

[spoiler]I mean, it cuts to the end-credits while a character is in mid-sentence.
That was weird! It felt almost like the punchline was missing.[/spoiler]
That probably doesn't deserve a spoiler tag but it's there just in case.
ImageImage

Flabber
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Cinemas in order of preference: All central London, North Finchley, Holloway, Enfield

#16 Post by Flabber » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:10 pm

Jayman wrote: Overall, glad I went! Enjoyed it thoroughly and highly recommend you do the same - especially if you're in desperate need of a pick-me-upper, as I was.
Oh hang on a sec here... does this mean that this needs to go on the 'to-watch' list? :blink:
Disce quasi semper victurus; vive quasi cras moriturus

Jayman
Se7en
Se7en

#17 Post by Jayman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:50 pm

Haha! Well, I enjoyed it. I wouldn't recommend it to everybody as there is a fair bit of singing and dancing, but the cynical humor more than makes up for it.
ImageImage

sikmansam
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Stratford Vue, Stratford Picturehouse, West india Quay Cineworld, Greenwich O2, Greenwich Odeon, Vue Islington, Whiteleys Odeon, Shepherds Bush Vue, Wimbledon Odeon

#18 Post by sikmansam » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:31 am

Here's my review from Thursday:

This was such a surprise treat, I'm kind of a regular glee watcher, but that was so inferior in comparison. It wasn't even that embarrassing when they sung! Great cast, nice broad humour, and even some catchy mash-ups

aruif

#19 Post by aruif » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:41 pm

I am SO going to see this film. FULL ON CHEESE FEST is what I am expecting. Bring it on!

Jayman
Se7en
Se7en

#20 Post by Jayman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:02 pm

You're going to be disappointed. It's not at all cheesy. It's just a damn load of wicked fun!
ImageImage