The Blind Side

Discuss movies (including free films)
andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

The Blind Side

#1 Post by andrews » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:50 pm

The Blind Side is the true story of American Football pro Michael Oher. As a teenager, Michael wasn't exactly part of a stable home environment, moving around foster homes was part of the usual routine. When the mother of one of Michael's class mates discovered the hardships of Michael's life, she takes him in at once. What starts off as one night of kindness soon develops into a permanent arrangement as Michael becomes part of the Tuohy family. Michael's rise to success wasn't an easy but with the help of his adopted family and tutor he turned his life around.

Starring: Quinton Aaron, Sandra Bullock, Tim McGraw, Kathy Bates, Jae Head, Lily Collins, Ray McKinnon, Kim Dickens and Adriane Lenox

Directed by: John Lee Hancock

UK release date: TBC
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

andrews
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 1939
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema

Re: The Blind Side

#2 Post by andrews » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:37 pm

Sandra Bullock has received a Golden Globe as Best Actress for her role in this film.

Release Date in the UK: 12 March, 2010

Trailer: http://johnnyikon.com/articles/6778-Che ... -Side.html
Member Number 3 of the "100 Free Films in 2018 Club"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

alythonian
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 19
Preferred Cinemas: Edinburgh; Livingston; Dunfermline

#3 Post by alythonian » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:54 pm

I saw this at the end of last year in Canada.

It was a small cinema in Ottawa and I'd seen the other two films they were showing so we went to see this not having a clue what it was.

Really glad we did.

It's a true story, but unless you are American or have a real love of American football, you are unlikley to have heard it.

i won't spoil it by recanting it here, but it's a fabulous feel good movie with an excellent performance by Sandra Bullock.

The movie was made quite cheaply apparently as no-one thought it would be the hit it was in the US and I think that helps that it doesn't shout huge budget at you.

No doubt there will be screenings of it here and I'd encourage everyone to go and see it. the fact it's about American football is irrelevant.
Alythonian

anakin
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Central London, please

The Blind Side

#4 Post by anakin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:55 pm

Oscar ฎ Nominated and Golden Globe Winner, Sandra Bullock ("The Proposal") stars in Oscar Nominated "The Blind Side," which depicts the remarkable true story of All-American football star Michael Oher. Teenager Michael Oher (Quinton Aaron) is surviving on his own, virtually homeless, when he is spotted on the street by Leigh Anne Tuohy (Sandra Bullock). Learning that the young man is one of her daughter's classmates, Leigh Anne insists that Michael -- wearing shorts and a t-shirt in the dead of winter -- come out of the cold. Without a moment's hesitation, she invites him to stay at the Tuohy home for the night. What starts out as a gesture of kindness turns into something more as Michael becomes part of the Tuohy family despite the differences in their backgrounds.

Living in his new environment, the teen faces a completely different set of challenges to overcome. And as the family helps Michael fulfill his potential, both on and off the football field, Michael's presence in the Tuohys' lives leads them to some insightful self-discoveries of their own.

Check out the trailer and the official website: www.theblindsidemovie.co.uk
"Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things." - Legally Blonde

Preferred cinemas: Most Central London, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage, Islington, Holloway and West India Quay, Greenwich (O2 / Odeon only) or Stratford City if there is nothing else!

Seen free in 2012: Jan: Margin Call; J. Edgar; Like Crazy; Carnage; Young Adult. Feb: The Muppets; The Best Extotic Marigold Hotel; Safe House; Project X; Beginners. March: 21 Jump Street; We b*ght a Zoo; Wild Bill; John Carter; Wanderlust; Street Dance 2;The Hunger Games; [The King's Speech]. Apr: The Hunger Games; Battleship; Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. May: What To Expect When You're Expecting; MIB3. June: [We Will Rock You] July: Ted; Seeking a Friend for the End of the World; The Dark Knight Rises; Brave. Aug: The Bourne Legacy. Sept: Lawless

anakin
Se7en
Se7en

#5 Post by anakin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Am excited to have been able to post a code after such a long time - hope people manage to get tickets.

Have no doubt that there will be some screenings outside London soon - fingers crossed about the Total FIlm code tomorrow.

PS Can't see that there's been a thread for this alread... sorry if I'm wrong!
"Oh, sweetheart, you don't need law school. Law school is for people who are boring and ugly and serious. And you, button, are none of those things." - Legally Blonde

Preferred cinemas: Most Central London, Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage, Islington, Holloway and West India Quay, Greenwich (O2 / Odeon only) or Stratford City if there is nothing else!

Seen free in 2012: Jan: Margin Call; J. Edgar; Like Crazy; Carnage; Young Adult. Feb: The Muppets; The Best Extotic Marigold Hotel; Safe House; Project X; Beginners. March: 21 Jump Street; We b*ght a Zoo; Wild Bill; John Carter; Wanderlust; Street Dance 2;The Hunger Games; [The King's Speech]. Apr: The Hunger Games; Battleship; Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. May: What To Expect When You're Expecting; MIB3. June: [We Will Rock You] July: Ted; Seeking a Friend for the End of the World; The Dark Knight Rises; Brave. Aug: The Bourne Legacy. Sept: Lawless

sarahjc78

#6 Post by sarahjc78 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:58 pm

EEEEEEE these londoners getting all the tickets.... hee heee.. just jealous.. i was in floods of tears at the trailer for this.. fingers crossed for Newcastle screenings :kiss:

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#7 Post by Beate » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:59 pm

I have merged the threads.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

anakin
Se7en
Se7en

#8 Post by anakin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:01 pm

sarahjc78 wrote:EEEEEEE these londoners getting all the tickets.... hee heee.. just jealous.. i was in floods of tears at the trailer for this.. fingers crossed for Newcastle screenings :kiss:
You're so naughty, Sarah!

Thanks Beate, I did a search but it didn't come up. Weird! At least I didn't chat in the free films thread ;)

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

#9 Post by superhero » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:01 pm

All tickets gone already? that was quick.....moan moan moan....hahaha

Beate
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#10 Post by Beate » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:02 pm

anakin wrote:Thanks Beate, I did a search but it didn't come up. Weird! At least I didn't chat in the free films thread ;)

I know, I am grateful for everything these days.
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen