What Did You Watch Last Night?

Chat about anything
Spanner

What Did You Watch Last Night?

#1 Post by Spanner » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:18 pm

we've all done it, watched something amazing, funny, jawdropping whatever on tv then discussed it the next morning to our friends, family and colleagues, so why not do the same here?

My current favourites are Masterchef (BBC1), mainly to see how big a spoon Greg & John can get in their mouths and also we have a Spanner-family dance contest to the frankly bizarre music that accompanies the series.

I'm also shuffed to bits that Brendan (Right Guys) and Coachtrip are back (CH4) I sooooo want to be a contestant on this show

But the thing that's caught my eye recently was My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding (CH4) how crazy mad were the humongous dresses please??? oh and the really bizarre colour combinations of the bridemaids!!!! and 16 year old brides???? Wow who knew that this went on, and in Britain too, it's been an eye-opener for me! I'm fascinated.

jpeg
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: London, preferably Central London

Re: What Did You Watch Last Night?

#2 Post by jpeg » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:08 am

ooh totally forgot to watch My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding! Will catch it on 4OD

lovesitx
Phase IV
Phase IV
Preferred Cinemas: Sheffield

#3 Post by lovesitx » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:03 am

Currently on TV my favourite shows are Glee on a Monday on E4 which is just amazing, so funny and it has great music, it's all anyone at College seems to talk about on a Monday morning. I'm also so glad Coach Trip is back, i love it. I also tend to watch a lot of those random documentaries like My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and i watched a really good the other week about Tanning on Sunbeds.

I'm so excited for the return of Dr Who though, finally something decent to watch on a Saturday night will back.
Last edited by lovesitx on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moggers
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 404
Preferred Cinemas: Odeon Braehead, Odeon Quay, Cineworld Glasgow.

#4 Post by moggers » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:58 am

Come Dine with Me! I so love that show! My big fat gypsy wedding was amazing. Loved the 13 year old girls in stripper outfits at the weddings, trying to get a fiancé. It seems such a strange cut off lifestyle. I'mquite glad I'm a country girl lol
I tend to watch things on demand as Moo has kid's channels on and then Mr Moggers leaps on the x box as soon as I leave the room.

a_person
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 90
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quays,Cineworld Greenwich, Vue Stratford Westfield then Central London.

#5 Post by a_person » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:33 am

The Secret Diary of a Call Girl and Grey's Anatomy. Night before - Lost.
Member No. 2 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 3 seen, 97 to go!
Realistic target: 5

Preferred cinema list:
1) Cineworld: West India Quays or Greenwich, 02, Vue Westfield - Stratford City or Picturehouse Stratford
2) Picturehouse Greenwich
3) Any central London cinema including Islington (excluding Shepherd's Bush, and Whiteleys unless it's some super duper cool film)
4) Odeon Greenwich or Odeon Surrey Quays

tufty
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 85
Preferred Cinemas: LONDON: ISLINGTON, N FINCHLEY, WEST END, COVENT GARDEN, PANTON ST, PICCADILLY,GREENWICH O2

#6 Post by tufty » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Finally caught up with my big fat gypsy wedding last night, OMG the dresses were amazing, it was a very interesting documentary.

Most of the dresses were big white meringues, but like you have never seen, the heaviest wedding dress was something like 28 stone! Amazing.

What surprised me more than anything was the gypsys high morals, and yet they go to weddings in shall we say very skimpy outfits!!

A true eyeopener!
Member No. 42 of the "100 free films in 2011" 16 seen 84 to go.

Member No. 42 of the "100 free films in 2010" club. 51 seen.

superhero
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Odeon Covent Garden, Odeon Panton Street, any other ones in Central London

#7 Post by superhero » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:57 pm

I don't watch much TV, but I have to say the music from Glee is abit infectious...

lovesitx wrote:Currently on TV my favourite shows are Glee on a Monday on E4 which is just amazing, so funny and it has great music, it's all anyone at College seems to talk about on a Monday morning. Tuesdays I like The Vampire Diaries and 90210 (which is my guilty pleasure!). Wednesdays are for Desperate Housewives. Thursdays Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. The obviously i have to watch EastEnders when its on but that's the only soap i watch. Then on a Sunday Being Human. I'm also so glad Coach Trip is back, i love it. I also tend to watch a lot of those random documentaries like My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and i watched a really good the other week about Tanning on Sunbeds.

I'm so excited for the return of Dr Who though, finally something decent to watch on a Saturday night will back.

tarantinoed
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Preferred Cinemas: Central & West London preferably but anywhere in Greater London is OK.

#8 Post by tarantinoed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:17 pm

It wasn't last night but on Wednesday night on More 4. It was a really involving documentary called Which Way Home about unaccompanied kids (some as young as 9) from all over Latin America trying to get to the USA by riding freight trains. The unrealistic dreams they had about the USA (from TV) were so sad - they thought they could be adopted there or work and be able to send money to their parents; and the parents were pretty unbelievable in their perceptions as well since some of them even sent the kids! It's been nominated for the Best Documentary Feature in the Oscars. I urge you to see this one. It's still being shown on More 4, I think.

AYBG
ASA NISI MASA
ASA NISI MASA
Old post count: 4439

#9 Post by AYBG » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:12 pm

moggers wrote:Come Dine with Me! I so love that show!
My sister loves it too. I met James Dean (not that one) the other day, who used to produce it - he pretty much admitted it's extremely disposable but loves that it's everyone's guilty pleasure :)
Top 50 Poster!

moggers
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 404
Preferred Cinemas: Odeon Braehead, Odeon Quay, Cineworld Glasgow.

#10 Post by moggers » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:44 pm

It's Dave Lamb's voice over that makes it. Whoever writes his script is hilarious.
Thank the gods for BBC and Channel 4 because Scottish ITV (STV) is utter mince.