The Blind Side

Discuss movies (including free films)
jaisonix
Air Force One
Air Force One
Old post count: 0

Re: The Blind Side

#31 Post by jaisonix » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:28 pm

Well i booked 2 and there's still more than X number left (as they state if there's like 3 or less usually), so either a lot of cancellations or few more released. And I checked all these cinemas couple of days ago, none had left any.

I agree that Croydon, Bromley or Romford may not be London cinemas but as I live in East London, I am very happy to get Romford tickets. BTW a train from stratford to romford is probably just abound 15mins...

JazzyC

#32 Post by JazzyC » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:30 pm

I am looking forward to this one (even if it is about American Football!) - especially as previews have been thin on the ground so far this year. The Sky website has stopped hating me - finally managed to get some tickets. :-)

chrisballans
Air Force One
Air Force One

#33 Post by chrisballans » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:21 pm

A real tear-jerker this one for me. I dont go for relationship nonsense but always end up blubbing for almost anything with disadvantaged people/groups in it. Strangely, as a sports lover i hate films with sport in them but this is actually a great film and the section where the american football takes over gave me chance to re-compose myself before the final emotional onslaught. Enjoyed it far more than Invictus which had terrible rugby scenes in it but a great human side. Great performance from Sandra Bullock (her best by far in my opinion).

priamia
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Old post count: 455
Preferred Cinemas: All Central London: Check full list of cinemas in my interests
I have tickets for: Everybody's Fine/Lovely Bones, The Wolfman, Kick Ass,

#34 Post by priamia » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:15 am

I'm looking forward to watching this later :p
Preferred cinemas: All Central London: APOLLO Piccadilly, EMPIRE Leicester Sq; ODEONS: Leicester Sq/Covent Garden/West End/Whiteleys/Panton St; VUE: West End/Fulham/Islington, CINEWORLD: Haymarket/Shaftesbury Ave; Brixton Ritzy,
Then: Westfield, o2, Clapham

tarantinoed
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Preferred Cinemas: Central & West London preferably but anywhere in Greater London is OK.

#35 Post by tarantinoed » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:43 am

I've seen this film now and its much, much better than I expected. I really enjoyed it and Sandra bullock was an eye-opener for me as I've never considered her much of an actress. I thought her winning a Golden Globe must have been some sort of a fix but she is superb in this film. Also the the character of the little boy SJ was really funny.

jmd1983

#36 Post by jmd1983 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:46 am

looking forward to this one!

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#37 Post by Beate » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:51 am

I am seeing it tonight - hope I will hold out that long as suffering from bad cold!
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen

tarantinoed
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Preferred Cinemas: Central & West London preferably but anywhere in Greater London is OK.

#38 Post by tarantinoed » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:02 pm

It's really worth it if you can manage it. Hope you feel better soon.

milkchocmonkey

#39 Post by milkchocmonkey » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Just saw this and absolutely loved it!!! Great movie and great cast! 8.5/10

Beate
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#40 Post by Beate » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:28 pm

Was the Apollo overbooked or what? And I happen to know not everyone used their ticket, and some went alone on a ticket for two! Every last seat in the house was occupied, and once again I must stress: If you want a seat in a popular film, leave the popcorn and coke b*ying till after you have found one! The film started only 5 minutes late though after everyone who hadn't found a seat was asked to leave - I hope there were no Fmukkers among them and I hope they got some kind of goodwill compensation! Got a short but annoying speech by someone who asked people to leave comments after the film in exchange for a glass of wine - why do they always annoy you by saying "there is no free lunch and no free screening" - erm, yes there is?

Anyway, there was a nice little group of us in the second row from the back, and we all seemed to enjoy it. To be fair, it was a bit too American for me to give it the highest mark (I doubt that a lot of Europeans either know or care much about American football), but the story was good, there were some cracking oneliners in it and Sandra Bullock was enjoyably feisty. Oscar-worthy however she isn't, sorry.

Thanks to andre6ft2 for the extra ticket, my colleague was ecstatic about having seen it.

"Would you have thought we'd have a black son before we knew a Democrat?" :giggle:

8/10
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen