We're the Millers

Discuss movies (including free films)
moviegal

Re: We're the Millers

#41 Post by moviegal » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:38 am

DaveWeed wrote:Watched this at Cheshire Oaks this evening.
Really funny movie ( had the entire audience laughing )
If you want a good laugh go see this film !!!
8/10
I was at Cheshire Oaks too - must have seen you somewhere!

I thought this film was really funny and I laughed a lot.
It was much better than I was expecting, but I don't think I would see this as a family.
Would recommend!
8/10

martadelas
Phase IV
Phase IV
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Stratford, O2, Greenwich Odeon, West End, Islington on work days

#42 Post by martadelas » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:56 am

For what it was meant to be, I found it better than expected. Went in thinking it would just get a few jokes here and there, and to my surprise was laughing for the most part. Although it was not as funny as some enthusiasts hooting in Islington on Monday would have us believe.

7.5/10
Tomorrow Is a Latter Day

EthanRunt
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#43 Post by EthanRunt » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:00 am

Was hoping beyond hope this would be the film to save the year in comedy. Sudeikis always brings the funny, and its the director of Dodgeball, alas it's also a real dud. A few fleeting one-liners gain traction, but it's mostly content in 'subverting the road trip family' which is a one trick pony they flog hard.
By the end of this overlong generic misstep you just don't really care about the characters, so none of the events have any resonance or humour. A real shame.

davewatts001
Air Force One
Air Force One

#44 Post by davewatts001 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:22 am

caitlinmorton wrote:
davewatts001 wrote:Just back from tonite's Empire Leicester Square screening organised by denofgeek.com, which was introduced by the director, the wonderfully monikered Rawson Marshall Thurber.

Went in with relatively low expectations, but this is a film with a really well honed script and a significant number of laugh out loud moments. An adult orientated comedy that doesn't rely entirely on gross out humour for a change (though there is a fair smattering for those who enjoy that sort of thing). Hope that this film finds a decent audience. Highly recommended.

P.S. And Jennifer Aniston still looks really hot in her impressive collection of skimpy lingerie.
Valda and I were there too! Where were you sat?
2nd row, right hand side as you look at the screen, just behind Rita M (who I didn't get chance to speak to).

caitlinmorton

#45 Post by caitlinmorton » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:36 am

davewatts001 wrote:
caitlinmorton wrote:
davewatts001 wrote:Just back from tonite's Empire Leicester Square screening organised by denofgeek.com, which was introduced by the director, the wonderfully monikered Rawson Marshall Thurber.

Went in with relatively low expectations, but this is a film with a really well honed script and a significant number of laugh out loud moments. An adult orientated comedy that doesn't rely entirely on gross out humour for a change (though there is a fair smattering for those who enjoy that sort of thing). Hope that this film finds a decent audience. Highly recommended.

P.S. And Jennifer Aniston still looks really hot in her impressive collection of skimpy lingerie.
Valda and I were there too! Where were you sat?
2nd row, right hand side as you look at the screen, just behind Rita M (who I didn't get chance to speak to).
You were right in front of us then! We were just right of the guy in the funny chair, in the second row from the back!

RichBell44

#46 Post by RichBell44 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Hadnt heard much about this film prior to actually seeing it, but really laughed a lot. Cinema was quite full and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. Would advise anyone to go and see it but does have quite a lot of swearing and adult content if thats not your thing. Thought the 4 main characters were all excellent and Jennifer Aniston looked amazing. Overall a very funny film (even the outtakes at the end were good).

gav_sal

#47 Post by gav_sal » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:31 pm

I thought this film was really funny and I laughed from the beginning which was really unexpected.
Would recommend!

valda
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Westfield, Shepherds Bush,Central London, Swiss Cottage most London ones really

#48 Post by valda » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:46 pm

stuartboy wrote:Really enjoyed this. A good well-rounded comedy with actors that are not up themselves and self-indulgent like some so-called comedies recently (The Big Wedding?). A good story with the component start, middle and end.
A smattering of well-placed smut and a couple of ubiquitous gross-out moments all add to the fun. Left wondering whether Will had a body double though! Lol. Youch!

10/10 for Will Poulter's amazing eyebrows - they deserve their own Oscar! Also feel that he pulled off an American accent without issue. Mind you, having heard him doing other accents on that C4 sketch show, particularly a South African one, it comes as no surprise. A worthy wee actor, and one to watch.

Not quite as good as The Heat, but an easy 8/10.

I concur o/

Met up with Caitlinmoran at the Denofgeek screening, which was packed. They even had to bring in a chair which one poor guy moved into, right at the front of the screen 8O

I prefered Horrible Bosses, but still really enjoyed this, more so this morning than last night. Will is getting to be a great little actor. Its strange how 2 young kids can make a film, then one goes on, and the other, doesn't make it vx 7.5/10
preferred locations Shepherds Bush, Westfield, Notting Hill, Central London, Wimbledon, Islington, Wandsworth thanks

McG
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Paisley, Braehead, Glasgow Odeon & Cineworld

#49 Post by McG » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:15 pm

I don't think I've reviewed this but so much going on, this could be a repeat! :rolleyes:
I really enjoyed this film which could be the mood I'm in. Characters were good though it's difficult to see Jennifer Aniston other than the way she is! Story was good though strange to laugh about drug smuggling given the situation in Peru just now. :roll: I enjoyed the out takes at the end and worth sitting on for. I would not have been unhappy if I'd pa*d to see or used a voucher. Adult humour/story.
Marks 8/10

Beate
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)
Old post count: 6588
Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)

#50 Post by Beate » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:56 pm

The BBC just did a premiere report with a short interview with Will Poulter, and they agree with me that he "steals the show".
:popcorn: Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2020" club. 7 seen :popcorn:
o/ Member No. 1 of the "100 free films in 2009 - 2019" clubs. 826 seen o/
Image Member No. 1 of the "104 free previews in 2008" club. 92 seen