Weight Watchers

Chat about anything
Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

Re: Weight Watchers

#6381 Post by Diane65 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:34 am

Thanks everyone for your kind words I feel like I am one of those malingerers always with an excuse for not doing exercise/ eating healthily etc. I really do feel for you all with the sleep patterns - I always sleep like a log for between 6 and 8 hours so I am very lucky. If I post in the night its purely because Liquorice (my cat) has woke me up.

Well done asamaic on the 23.5K steps and to MrG on staying in Div2.

Clarebarr we will get there.

Ejwrank thanks for your continual support you are an angel.
Last edited by Diane65 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference - Metrocentre Gateshead, Silverlink, Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema, Boldon.
I have tickets for: What to Expect When You are Expecting.

#6382 Post by Preston1990 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:49 pm

Oh gosh we all seem to have ground to a halt on here.

I've been AWOL because I've been feeling under the weather for the last couple of weeks with a bit of a mystery ailment. I've been to my GP, who referred me to the hospital for tests. They told me to stop exercising so much, as they thought that may be the cause of the really severe leg pains I was experiencing. I was fearful that it may be PAD. 8O

I already had stopped exercising altogether though, cause I could barely hobble around. I've pretty much spent a week and a half in bed with the pains spreading from my legs to what seemed like my entire body. I couldn't get comfortable at all. I now think that I must have had flu (perhaps man flu even :shifty: ) although I wasn't sneezing or anything, I just ached all over.

The good news is today I've felt much better for the first time and was able to get up. The second bit of good news is that I've been weighed and have lost 5 pounds in those two weeks. I just hope it stays off. If I can lose a few more I'll be back to what I was at the back end of last year.

How is everyone else doing? :D

ClareBarr
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#6383 Post by ClareBarr » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:53 pm

Just checked in to this page & seen its gone very quiet....how is everyone doing? I've been cutting down on chocolate since the start of January, I'm quite addicted to the stuff & am now only having a tiny bit every few days (which is a massive deal for me!!). I'm also having more healthier snacks. I'm really pleased - I weighed myself today & am pleased to say that I've lost 3lbs since 2 weeks ago :)

Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference - Metrocentre Gateshead, Silverlink, Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema, Boldon.
I have tickets for: What to Expect When You are Expecting.

#6384 Post by Preston1990 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:53 pm

ClareBarr wrote:....I've been cutting down on chocolate since the start of January, I'm quite addicted to the stuff & am now only having a tiny bit every few days (which is a massive deal for me!!). I'm also having more healthier snacks. I'm really pleased - I weighed myself today & am pleased to say that I've lost 3lbs since 2 weeks ago :)
Oh, well done Clare! o/ That 3lbs loss is great news. :cheer:

To possess chocolate and not eat it all immediately really shows remarkable self control in my book.

:shifty: :rolleyes: Someone once said....."Strength is the ability to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands – and then eat just one of those pieces" ;)

ClareBarr
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#6385 Post by ClareBarr » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:40 pm

Preston1990 wrote:
ClareBarr wrote:....I've been cutting down on chocolate since the start of January, I'm quite addicted to the stuff & am now only having a tiny bit every few days (which is a massive deal for me!!). I'm also having more healthier snacks. I'm really pleased - I weighed myself today & am pleased to say that I've lost 3lbs since 2 weeks ago :)
Oh, well done Clare! o/ That 3lbs loss is great news. :cheer:

To possess chocolate and not eat it all immediately really shows remarkable self control in my book.

:shifty: :rolleyes: Someone once said....."Strength is the ability to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands – and then eat just one of those pieces" ;)
Thanks, Preston! & I definitely agree with that quote! (Funnily enough, I broke off some dark chocolate yesterday & only had 3 little pieces of it, & put the rest away!).

Sorry to hear you've not been well, probably a good idea that you're taking it easy for a bit. Well done too on 5lbs lost, that's fab! :)

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#6386 Post by Diane65 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:19 pm

Well done Clarebarr on your 3lb weight loss that is superb o/
Well done Preston1990 on your 5lb weight loss but so sorry to hear that you have been so poorly. It must have been horrendous spending so long in bed and in bed.

I am afraid to say that I haven't done any exercise or healthy eating as been busy sorting out my work saga. Probably got about 3-4hours more work to do on it and have decided to do home visits while I decide whether to look for new premises or stay on home visits. Everything will be sorted by tomorrow evening so Sunday I will get back on track. Got lots of DIY to do so will be in my element and get plenty of exercise -we're dismantling 3 double Ikea wardrobes ready for the new ones arriving.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#6387 Post by asamaic » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:42 pm

Come on, ClareBarr! You go, lady! Definitely WW of the month. o/ We all need to pull ourselves together and follow your example.

I've been eating very badly. :oops: I've had reasons for it (they are quite pathetic, but I did justify it to myself quite well) but I have run out of excuses and will be getting back on the wagon when I get home.

Had a little health scare recently which has focussed my attention. This isn't really about the weight, it's about staying strong and healthy. I'm also going to try to cut down on the coffee. Note, cut down, not cut out. That would be stupid.

Went for my first run since before Christmas today! Horrible wet conditions and it wasn't my local as I'm visiting a friend in Scotland. My knee started hurting a few minutes in... as well as the rest of me! I was determined to get round without walking and I did, but I ran the slowest I've ever done in my life. The weather wasn't great, I didn't have earphones (I run slower without music, fact) but the main issue was my knee. I just couldn't bend it much and it hurt like hell. When I got to the end and stopped, my knee stopped hurting which really surprised me as I was expecting a whole world of pain. My physio says it's safe to run if my knee only hurts whilst I'm running... if it hurts afterwards when I'm resting it, then I've gone too far.

Felt a lot better later in the day (I'm going to suffer instead tomorrow, aren't I?) and I think my next run will go a lot better due to running on home turf and having done this one run today. I think my legs felt shocked at being made to move after over a month of not running.

Feel proud of myself for running when I really really didn't want to (seriously, I was so slow, I felt bad for the volunteers waiting for me) and feeling motivated to get back into my regular fortnightly run.

Be good everyone... or if you can't be good, have fun with it and come back to 'fess up! o/
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

ClareBarr
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#6388 Post by ClareBarr » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:56 pm

asamaic wrote:Come on, ClareBarr! You go, lady! Definitely WW of the month. o/ We all need to pull ourselves together and follow your example.

I've been eating very badly. :oops: I've had reasons for it (they are quite pathetic, but I did justify it to myself quite well) but I have run out of excuses and will be getting back on the wagon when I get home.

Had a little health scare recently which has focussed my attention. This isn't really about the weight, it's about staying strong and healthy. I'm also going to try to cut down on the coffee. Note, cut down, not cut out. That would be stupid.

Went for my first run since before Christmas today! Horrible wet conditions and it wasn't my local as I'm visiting a friend in Scotland. My knee started hurting a few minutes in... as well as the rest of me! I was determined to get round without walking and I did, but I ran the slowest I've ever done in my life. The weather wasn't great, I didn't have earphones (I run slower without music, fact) but the main issue was my knee. I just couldn't bend it much and it hurt like hell. When I got to the end and stopped, my knee stopped hurting which really surprised me as I was expecting a whole world of pain. My physio says it's safe to run if my knee only hurts whilst I'm running... if it hurts afterwards when I'm resting it, then I've gone too far.

Felt a lot better later in the day (I'm going to suffer instead tomorrow, aren't I?) and I think my next run will go a lot better due to running on home turf and having done this one run today. I think my legs felt shocked at being made to move after over a month of not running.

Feel proud of myself for running when I really really didn't want to (seriously, I was so slow, I felt bad for the volunteers waiting for me) and feeling motivated to get back into my regular fortnightly run.

Be good everyone... or if you can't be good, have fun with it and come back to 'fess up! o/
Thanks Diane 65 & asamaic for your kind words, ooh I feel like I have my own cheerleaders on here! :) It's good you're focusing on getting healthy, asamaic - that's the main thing really, isn't it. Id love to feel healthier. Hope the DIY goes well, Diane 65 x

ejwrank
Se7en
Se7en

#6389 Post by ejwrank » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:51 am

Lovely to hear everyone's voices back here after a short break.

Well done to you asamaic on completing the Park Run and glad to hear your knee did not ouch afterwards. Don't worry about holding up the volunteers -- I am sure they were very happy to see you complete the run and the time didn't matter, the finishing did. Hoping that your health worry has subsided and I think your idea of staying strong and healthy is a one for all of us to heed.

Diane65-- with all your activities, visits to family and now additional DIY (which I know you love and are very talented at), it is little wonder you have had no time for anything else. But that DIY should of course count for your exercise for the week!

ClareBarr -- well done on your weight loss and the stamina of only eating a tiny bit of chocolate! I went without chocolate for some months once but am back in my bad old ways so I do admire what you've accomplished. Hear, Hear to healthy snacks!

Preston1990 -- really sorry to hear you have been so unwell and hope that the pains in your legs are easing and that you recover soon. There have been some pretty awful bugs going round this winter and I really hope you are on the mend after such an awful time. I am sure it was the poetry that aided in your weight loss as well as the mystery ailment.

I have done nothing to be commended by you stalwart Weight Watchers lately as have been ill with cold/cough/sore throat (woman-flu maybe??) for 2 weeks in January. And then I went and made a batch of marmalade which my son prefers to any other (or so he humours me by saying), so I really shouldn't be allowed on this WW thread at all.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2019" club -- 25 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2018" club -- 23 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2017" club -- 41 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2016" club -- 50 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2015" club -- 77 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2014" club -- 66 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2013" club-- 91 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2012" club--113 seen.
Member No. 11 of the "100 free films in 2011" club--116 seen.

jojojoanne
Se7en
Se7en

#6390 Post by jojojoanne » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:55 am

ClareBarr wrote:Thanks, Preston! & I definitely agree with that quote! (Funnily enough, I broke off some dark chocolate yesterday & only had 3 little pieces of it, & put the rest away!).

Everyday, at my Daughter's request, I break off two pieces of dark chocolate and leave it in an egg cup for her! My Parents too, limit their chocolate intake to two pieces a night - I'm sure I must be in the wrong family!!!