Weight Watchers

Chat about anything
Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

Re: Weight Watchers

#6411 Post by Diane65 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:40 pm

Yes it would be really lovely to meet you too! My health condition is making me feel isolated at the mo (I'm still in bed today as I write this), so when I have better days I try to make the most of them (without overdoing it). I could make a note in my diary for the day after fmukcon Diane, in case I feel up for travelling into London & in case you have a window of time to perhaps meet for a coffee?

This is heartbreaking to read Clarebar as social isolation must be so tough.

I am arriving at 11am and leaving just before 7pm. I try to do one tourist type of thing when I go to London and then just love mooching around quirky shops. My only plans so far are being led astray by Canadian_turtle for brunch at a fabulous restaurant at Covent Garden (I didn't take much persuading). A coffee would be lovely - I will keep you posted on my plans.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#6412 Post by asamaic » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:22 pm

ClareBarr wrote: Yes it would be really lovely to meet you too! My health condition is making me feel isolated at the mo (I'm still in bed today as I write this), so when I have better days I try to make the most of them (without overdoing it). I could make a note in my diary for the day after fmukcon Diane, in case I feel up for travelling into London & in case you have a window of time to perhaps meet for a coffee? :)
I'm away the weekends of the 25th and 8th, but I can generally always be persuaded into a coffee at short notice in London at the weekends. I try to keep Saturdays evenings and all day on Sundays for catching up with people rather than reviewing shows like the mad person I am. Drop me a line any time you're feeling up to it. o/
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.

#6413 Post by asamaic » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:54 pm

Sunny Saver wrote:Yeah, but you did a 5k yesterday, so that's highly commendable.
You are always one of my favourite cheerleaders. o/

One day I'll do a 10K. One day...
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

ClareBarr
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element

#6414 Post by ClareBarr » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:36 am

asamaic wrote:
ClareBarr wrote: Yes it would be really lovely to meet you too! My health condition is making me feel isolated at the mo (I'm still in bed today as I write this), so when I have better days I try to make the most of them (without overdoing it). I could make a note in my diary for the day after fmukcon Diane, in case I feel up for travelling into London & in case you have a window of time to perhaps meet for a coffee? :)
I'm away the weekends of the 25th and 8th, but I can generally always be persuaded into a coffee at short notice in London at the weekends. I try to keep Saturdays evenings and all day on Sundays for catching up with people rather than reviewing shows like the mad person I am. Drop me a line any time you're feeling up to it. o/

Thanks so much, will do!x

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en
Preferred Cinemas: Any London cinema, mainly central or south London.

#6415 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Hey all, hope you are well or making progress towards your goals, and if any setbacks, to treat as a necessary challenge to overcome and be stronger for it as a result :)

I am overweight and I havent lost any bodyfat at all but I have been focussing on my squash and happy to say I have reached my local division one league. Fitness is still a problem, I got to div one from just being a technically good squash player but I do struggle with stamina when a match goes all the way to five games (format is best out of 5).

Asamic, awesome stuff with your running progress...you are inspiring me as I am slacking with running. I'll be going for a 7k run to a gym in Greenwich this evening, followed by a movie at O2 Cineworld as my reward.

Thanks Diane, Clarebarr, Asamic, Sunny, Preston for keeping the thread active. Keep focussed on your targets, regardless of setbacks.
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Do you have a VR headset? If so, maybe we can play a physical sports game or even be sports/fitness partners, hit me up if you keen.
PSN: TheyCallMeTej, Oculus: TheyCallMeTJ

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en

#6416 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:39 pm

Well I ran 5k instead of running to gym/cinema. Clocked a terrible 36mins. A far cry from my long gone days of 23-25 mins. I think a realistic short term goal for me is to run the Leeds 5km parkrun at 31 mins. (special thanks to Asamic for this incentive!). To do this I am going to have to shed a few pounds of body fat. In terms of weight, a healthy rate would be 1.5lbs per week so losing 4.5lbs will be a good measurable target. Dont ever try to lose faster than that, otherwise you get loose skin...I can attest to that from my past (thankfully, wasnt too bad and over a year, that loose skin vanished...but not all people are as lucky). They actually recommend maximum 2lbs per week but that's what I was "achieving" and consequently realised that was too fast. 1.5lbs is the ideal safe rate. In all honesty, we should not really be thinking weight but fitness. Losing weight doesnt mean one is more healthier...in fact it could be the opposite if not losing weight the proper way. Being fitter, healthier skin, feeling positive and good about oneself are the true indicators of progress even if you have not lost any weight. Weight measuring is to an extent, nonsense. For obese and overwieght, its a convenient guage to start with. But muscles are actually heavier than fat, and more compressed than fat. We want more muscle not to bulk (bulking is HARD, we wont bulk even if we try!) but to give us more strength to carry out the everyday physical activities without tiring and to assist in losing our excess body fat. Bodybuilders are actually "overweight" by the traditional BMI scales but they are in brilliant health and shape, so weighing and BMI measurements are nonsense to bodybuilders and athletes. They're gauge if they ever bother, is in measuring body fat percentage. But for us folks, we want to strive to feeling and looking healthy...the rest falls in place automatically (ie body shape, stamina, vibrancy, positivity in mood etc).

Tomorrow, I have squash game. That will act as my interval training style cardio and will follow that up with resistance work in the gym....something I have not being doing for a very long time! Time to get back in that mould.

I use to preach to split meals. I haven't practiced what I preached for a long time and....it shows, lol. Man, its so true. When you have just 2 or three big meals, the craving for sweet stuff increases big time in between.

The key to stop the sweet cravings is
1. Split meals into 4 or 5 a day.
2. Drink water and/or tea.

And of course those meals should be nicely balanced with variety colour of vegetables. Dont underestimate how much sugar a glass of fruit juice contains.

Wishing you all a healthy activity week and nice reward treats at the end of it :)
My film reviews here . ......My FMUK 2014 ratings.......My FMUK 2011 ratings.......My FMUK 2013 ratings . ......My FMUK 2012 ratings .

Do you have a VR headset? If so, maybe we can play a physical sports game or even be sports/fitness partners, hit me up if you keen.

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense

#6417 Post by asamaic » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:00 pm

Not losing weight, not gaining muscles, still eating crap... But... but... I'm guide running tomorrow!

Well, I said guide running, it's mostly going to be guide walking. I hope I do a decent job of it; it would be awful to ruin someone else's run. Wish me luck! o/
Preferred cinemas:

TheyCallMeMrGlass
Se7en
Se7en

#6418 Post by TheyCallMeMrGlass » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:38 pm

asamaic wrote:Not losing weight, not gaining muscles, still eating crap... But... but... I'm guide running tomorrow!

Well, I said guide running, it's mostly going to be guide walking. I hope I do a decent job of it; it would be awful to ruin someone else's run. Wish me luck! o/
Good luck but more importantly, enjoy the run/walk! A little pressure is always good but dont ever over exert yourself, know your limits. You sound like you do, anyway.

its never about how good we are, its about making progress we can make. And you have made progress, you've equipped yourself with training gadgets and made effort to do a guide run...that's brilliant. o/ Not to mention the running you've already done I asgree with Sunny, thats awesome.

Furthermore, you say you are eating crap...Fantastic! Wonderful! Why? ha, because you know it ;) Its worse when people are eating crap and they dont realise it. But you know it, you declared it! So I am betting you are gonna improve on that :)

Same here. Ive not being eating great and I know it so I am going to try improve on that and with this thread group rejuvenation, we can all make an effort using the energy vibes from everyone in this thread ;)

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass

#6419 Post by Diane65 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:12 pm

You make sense MrGlass and I too have been eating rubbish and not exercising.

A good friend (Yogi's OH) gave me a good talking to the other day so I have taken note and actioned it. It was basically re me working the hours I do and still visiting poorly relatives every night so have very little time for seeing friends etc. I have got a cleaner for my Mum (I usually do it at the weekend) and the same lady takes my Mum out for a couple of hours on a Wednesday so my Mum has company 2 days a week and I can do nice things with her at the weekend. The other carers that go in 3 times a day are in and out in no time. I have been off work a couple of days and been able to potter around. I have been making cushion covers and a draught excluder. I have been doing a bit of DIY as having new curtains so needed to get rid of the pelmet attached to the wall unfortunately the ceiling wallpaper (only the bit above the window) came off with it so needs filling and repapering then painting - I am in my element. My friend also let me cook at her baby shower as I don't have anyone to cook for and I like cooking. Basically I am saying I have got my life back so will have time to plan meals and exercise. I feel kind of free :D

jojojoanne
Se7en
Se7en

#6420 Post by jojojoanne » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:32 pm

Diane65 wrote:You make sense MrGlass and I too have been eating rubbish and not exercising.

A good friend (Yogi's OH) gave me a good talking to the other day so I have taken note and actioned it. It was basically re me working the hours I do and still visiting poorly relatives every night so have very little time for seeing friends etc. I have got a cleaner for my Mum (I usually do it at the weekend) and the same lady takes my Mum out for a couple of hours on a Wednesday so my Mum has company 2 days a week and I can do nice things with her at the weekend. The other carers that go in 3 times a day are in and out in no time. I have been off work a couple of days and been able to potter around. I have been making cushion covers and a draught excluder. I have been doing a bit of DIY as having new curtains so needed to get rid of the pelmet attached to the wall unfortunately the ceiling wallpaper (only the bit above the window) came off with it so needs filling and repapering then painting - I am in my element. My friend also let me cook at her baby shower as I don't have anyone to cook for and I like cooking. Basically I am saying I have got my life back so will have time to plan meals and exercise. I feel kind of free :D
That's good news, Diane. I'm pleased for you.