TF : The Last Knight

Discuss movies (including free films)
tonethestone
Phase IV
Phase IV

TF : The Last Knight

#1 Post by tonethestone » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:04 pm

I saw this Mon at a press screening, im not a fan of the originals or sequels that followed & im absolutely not a fan of Michael Bay, so I'm probably not best to review :D

It's awful, Hopkins hams it up big time "the history of transformers is in here", awful. The CGI is a mess, another overload of crash & smash, zilch story, poor acting.

Strictly for film fans who enjoy bad films. This was even worse than any of the sequels. In the lobby on the way out some journalists comments made mine look positive, including a writer from a certain film magazine who called the film embarrassing.

0/5.
Upcoming films want to see;
Top Gun Maverick
MI 7 & 8
The Many Saints of Newark
Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Best films seen recently;
Tenet
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
In The Heights
A Quiet Place 2

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

Re: TF : The Last Knight

#2 Post by raj101 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:33 pm

hardly groundbreaking news though, they are all terrible movies. People go jus for the huge robots.

It must take a respected amount of effort to maintain that level of mediocrity for the best part of a decade on Bays part though.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?

tonethestone
Phase IV
Phase IV

#3 Post by tonethestone » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:05 pm

Reviews out and if possible it's even worse than I said. How does Michael Bay get to make films?! Guess they mke £, very worrying there are people in the world who p*y to watch this nonsense.
Upcoming films want to see;
Top Gun Maverick
MI 7 & 8
The Many Saints of Newark
Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Best films seen recently;
Tenet
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
In The Heights
A Quiet Place 2

prettyxcool
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: Prefer all Central London, then Islington, Notting Hill, Whiteleys, Shepherd's Bush, Westfield, Holloway, Swiss Cottage, Clapham, WIQ, Greenwich 02, Surrey Quays, Fulham.

#4 Post by prettyxcool » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:19 pm

Watched at the IMAX Leicester Square, after the fan event at St Bartholomew Church where some of the scenes were filmed.

Very enjoyable fan event, with the director and cast. They were very funny and even Alex Zane was funny too. The questions were from tweets. If you are inclined you can watch the live feed: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1RDGlZvYzvqxL

I really enjoyed the film. It was filmed with a 3D camera and it works well. It has great visuals and loads of action. I just like watching the Transformers kicking ass. Don't go in with high expectations, characters with any depth, or think too much about it, it's really cheesy and cliched, but it's fun and I was entertained. 8/10
Member No. 17 of the "100 free films in 2019" club. 50 seen so far
My Movie Scores click here

2018 - 100 seen (9 premieres/Press) Also 2 Opera, 1 Netfix, 15 theatres, 2 concerts, 1 ballet)
2017 - 106 seen
2016 - 116 seen
2015 - 120 seen (16 premieres, 2 Gala Screenings). Also 3 theatres/shows, 2 concerts
2014 - 132 seen (26 premieres and 7 Gala Screenings). Also 18 misc. free events/concerts
2013 - 115 Seen (12 premieres). Also 6 theatres/shows, 5 concerts
2012 - 118 seen (23 premieres). Also 12 theatres/shows.
2011 - 133 seen
2010 - 105 seen

alythonian
Se7en
Se7en
Old post count: 19
Preferred Cinemas: Edinburgh; Livingston; Dunfermline

#5 Post by alythonian » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:39 pm

Wow, this was pretty bad! Having read the spread in the Telegraph about the panel of writers to get a good story etc, I can't say anything except "they were had"!
There were bits of it that were ok, but most of it was utter nonsense. I reckon Anthony Hopkins has lost his marbles....
4/10
Alythonian

drizzy5oh
The Third Man
The Third Man
Preferred Cinemas: Any Central London

#6 Post by drizzy5oh » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Pure and utter trash. Avoid.

0/5

D-Fens
Prediction Master
Prediction Master

#7 Post by D-Fens » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:48 pm

A Transformers extended universe? What a time to be alive. A Transformers version of hammy olde England? Blessed. A team of writers coming up with good guys running from good guys towards good robots waiting for a bad (good) robot to show up while bad robots watch and a planet piloted by a neutral (bad) robot looms. Send more writers! Each personality more troubling than the last. Outright genius.

This transcends the concept of movies. It sits somewhere between Warhol and Banksy as a contribution to art. If it had an extended cameo from a certain actor who isn't famous any more I'd have started a religion. Stay tuned after the first few credits for a tantalising glimpse where this masterwork is heading.